Forums reset?

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Looks like it. Stone cold buried my post, man. But now it's buried treasure. Or something.
  • Yeah... I didn't mean to do that. Sorry! At least we know what it does now.

• So all we have to do is flag every god post and they will never have a voice. Muahaha (not really, I'm sure they have powers to undo this)
  • edited October 2012
    Yes, they are called warn and ban.

Although, I guess this provides you all with a little bit of self-moderation.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It would be nice if there was some way to actually separate the forum posts. As has been noted, posts do actually have a barely-visible border, but when I look at a thread, all I see are words and tiny pictures. Unless the post is fairly lengthy, the words just blend in with the myriad of clickable options available.

Except for some posts--for some reason, a few posts have a different, lighter background color. Perhaps because of the likes? Anywho, it makes them MUCH easier to read.
    Estarra said:

Unfortunately, we don't have much flexibility so there won't be multiple themes that you can choose from. Sorry!

Uh, wut? Well, that's crappy. I really like the rest of the new forum design except for the difficult readability. I find it absurd, but not surprising, that IRE would roll out a brand new design that is quite flashy, but has no customization or user-control options.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everline, I happen to find this layout easy to work with... The border is not that necessary when the posts are separated by a reasonable gap, as well as the initial header of name and avatar.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yes, clearer separation between posts is my only real gripe. Having more buttons to click than facebook offers is disturbingly exciting.

Maybe it's because everything is so small on my screen, but I have to concentrate in order to pick out the posts. It was much easier before.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    It would be nice if there was some way to actually separate the forum posts. As has been noted, posts do actually have a barely-visible border, but when I look at a thread, all I see are words and tiny pictures. Unless the post is fairly lengthy, the words just blend in with the myriad of clickable options available.

Except for some posts--for some reason, a few posts have a different, lighter background color. Perhaps because of the likes? Anywho, it makes them MUCH easier to read.
    Estarra said:

Unfortunately, we don't have much flexibility so there won't be multiple themes that you can choose from. Sorry!

Uh, wut? Well, that's crappy. I really like the rest of the new forum design except for the difficult readability. I find it absurd, but not surprising, that IRE would roll out a brand new design that is quite flashy, but has no customization or user-control options.
    I don't think it was IRE's decision, persay, but just the limits of the forum hosters. I'm not certain on this one - Est loves offering multiple designs and smilies and things, so we would give you them if we could. :(

Eventru said:
    I don't think it was IRE's decision, persay, but just the limits of the forum hosters. I'm not certain on this one - Est loves offering multiple designs and smilies and things, so we would give you them if we could. :(
    Yeah, I know Estarra loves that stuff, and so do we. Which is why I'm bummed that these forums are being rolled out company-wide without them.

• Maellio said:
    Tau said:

Eventru said:
    Kabina said:
    Maekarn said:
    Maellio said:

Arix said:
    Eventru said:
    Tau said:
    Arix said:
    Ushaara said:
    Xenthos said:
    I miss my posts so much. :(
    Just some twenty-seven thousand odd posts and you'll be back to where you were. You can do it!

(this is really me testing quoting!)

(and me not liking new hard to distinguish quotes! :( )
    this is me testing Ushaara testing quotes
    Yo dawg...
    What is this, a puddle of quotes?

Yes, yes it is
    With quote collapsing off I wonder if one can puddle them until the background gets dark enough to not make out the text >.=.>

I suppose the silver lining here is that I was at least "motivated" into making a new Avie. Also logic dictates I'll at least stop forgetting my forum login.

There's only one way to find out.
    Yes there is
    It's tempting, isn't it?
    ohgodwhy
    I REGRET NOTHING

TO THE QUOTEMOBILE!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    They are much nicer than the invisible grey line, yes.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    And thus my gripe was stricken from the record, huzzah!

• edited October 2012
    [Unquote-towered] :| Le sigh.
    Awesome--that blue line makes a world of difference, thank you! :)

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I also love that I can 'agree' with things instead of making a spurious post. Liking isn't quite the same.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Everiine, it seems less like a force-rollout of new forums vs. a "our old forums just can't be used any more, they're asking for more than we can handle, but we need [b]something[/b]."

In that case, well, you kind of have to take what you get and work with it.  Especially if they're willing to make minor tweaks for our benefit (hooray blue lines).
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    As much of a spoilsport as I may be, I'd like to see some kind of rule against Quote Towers, they mess with peoples browsers, particularly when you are on something with a smaller screen resolution like a netbook.

Most forums I frequent have a rule of having quotes no more than 3 deep.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited October 2012
    Kagato said:
    As much of a spoilsport as I may be, I'd like to see some kind of rule against Quote Towers, they mess with peoples browsers, particularly when you are on something with a smaller screen resolution like a netbook.

Most forums I frequent have a rule of having quotes no more than 3 deep.
    There's an option in your settings for how deep you want quotes to go before they collapse

Edit: Though it doesn't seem to do anything? Unless "Quote Folding" doesn't mean what I think it means...

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited February 2014

• Iasmos said:
    Hooray for finally being able to hide entire boards!
    How??
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Zynna said:

Iasmos said:

How??

Hover over the board description and a gear appears. Click the gear, click hide.

Why do you want to hide boards here, though?
  • Xenthos said:
    Iasmos said:
    How??
    Hover over the board description and a gear appears. Click the gear, click hide. Why do you want to hide boards here, though?
    Thanks! It's not so much whole boards I want to hide, as individual threads... I feel compelled to mark all forums as read, even on topics I'm not interested in, so it would be nicer for me to just not see those topics all together! 
  • edited February 2014

• So, logic implies that the little bar of reaction numbers on the member pages, being clickable, presumably should go to some type of summary of that particular item [who/what was liked, agreed, disagreed, et cetera], but at the moment they just take you to a /profile/reactions/<member name>?reaction=<whatever> page with nothing extra added. So is this intended or not set up or?

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• You know Xen, I am liking the mobile version a lot on my iPhone.
  • edited February 2014

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited October 2012
    Is the "friends" functionality of the old forums gone?

Also, where can we see the 'edited by' option if we edit our posts?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I think these auto-avatars are actually a dastardly plot by the admin to force new personalities upon us. I mean, no matter how dry, depressing, or conspiratorial I get, this smiley implies I am a laughing lunatic. I mean, look at the three most recent posts to have smilies: Eventru is a troll, Kagato is talking about the "forums he frequents" like they are gentleman clubs or cigar lounges, and Drayl is depressed. If I start cackling and rolling about on the floor because Kagato shows up in a top hat, please just put me down.