Forums reset?

123457»

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited October 2012
    Heeey, thread, I wasn't sure where to post about weird quirks I've found on the forums, and figured this was probably the closest to the right place. When you're looking at the activity, and you see...

"You changed Your profile picture."

The links "You" and "Your" try to lead to the nonexistent profiles of the users You and Your, as opposed to your own profile. Same thing with the word "their", "his", or "her" in "Notyou changed their/his/her profile picture."

EDIT: Oh for the love of-- why is that text highlighted and how do I stop it.
  • I'm not so sure about these new forum buttons. Like, sure, but shouldn't agree and disagree be actual post content?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Disagree maybe, but it is possible to agree when you have nothing further to add. Posting simply "I agree" can sometimes feel a tad awkward.
  • That's how I use the "agree" button. It's so much neater and cleaner than a silly sounding "I agree". Makes me feel like a spambot.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Exac... oh, wait, I already agreed.
  • Granted, sometimes I'm not sure if I should agree or mark someone as a troll. :P
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Hey, if they are agreeing with you, it would be very rude to call them a troll.

Yes. Them.

:(
  • I'm Hallifaxian. I don't need politeness. Politeness is for peasants!
    edited October 2012
    There is not even one obscure law requiring Hallifaxians to be polite to their superiors in the city?

I am disappointed.
  • Xenthos said:
    There is not even one obscure law requiring Hallifaxians to be polite to their superiors in the city? I am disappointed.
    There are no obscure laws but there are sure are a load of overt ones saying that...

Kiradawea I am disappoint

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• I am not a peasant though.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Has Hallifax become uncouth in my absence?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
     Sure sounds that way.
  • Tch. Hallifax has never been keen on politeness. Condescending illusions of superiority on the other hand...
  • Kiradawea said:
    Tch. Hallifax has never been keen on politeness. Condescending illusions of superiority on the other hand...
    You clearly have never met some of the Master Artists and Over City denizens. Protocol and respect for positions is pretty much the glue that holds together their social interactions.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited October 2012
    If you seriously think being polite and decorous isn't a big part of Hallifaxian society...I'm just going to quit my (Lusternia) job and take up (Lusternia) drinking.

Also what's this about not being a "peasant"? That's not what Hallifax is about. You don't hit CR6 and get the right to be a jerk to everyone. Everyone in Hallifax is equal-- some are just more equal than others. Do not disrespect the servant, for the servant is a valuable piece of the Collective just like you or me! It is just even worse if disrespect is directed towards someone like a Master Artist. Respect everyone. Just respect your superiorequals even harder.
  • Being polite is not the same as being respectful. Being polite is not about decorum. It is about building bridges between people. Being polite in your interactions with someone is about making you want to strangle them less. The general NPCs are anything but polite in their interactions. They're curt, arrogant and quite often whiny. They're merely "sophisticated" in their behaviour, but they do in no way endear themselves with such incredible falseness in their interactions.

For the players, the way they've been taking a joke says enough I should say.
  • Admittedly the sheer number of dislikes thrown around [by all parties, myself included] somewhat invalidates any solid argument about joking. What with the perception of defending the joke to the bitter end and all.

But back to the topic on hand for the thread, whatever it was. Was it pie? I think it was pie. I'm very partial to Lemon Meringue.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• I like the new show source button.

• Forums Question:

How do I make a poll?
  • The button on your sidebar that says "New Discussion" is a dropdown menu that has "New Poll" as an option.

• It does not have that for me.
  • You also need to be Capable rank to create polls.

• Note to self: Post more.
    Posting more won't help.

You need to post intelligently.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    That's not true. I made it to adept. You, of all people, made it to adept. YOU. XENTHOS. HA.
    edited November 2012
    Celina said:
    That's not true. I made it to adept. You, of all people, made it to adept. YOU. XENTHOS. HA.
    Sorry, but it's definitely true!

You don't really get points for posting (except for a piddly number at certain thresholds).  You mostly get points for Likes and Agrees.

You've received a number of them, thus, your points have gone up.  Clearly other forum-goers think you post more intelligently than you give yourself credit for.

I never thought I'd see the day when Celina was being self-deprecating...