Forum Policy Clarification

XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
edited November 2012 in Common Grounds
I recently made a post regarding something that is something that has been bothering me for some time; more information recently came to light, which left me to state that the situation was extremely unfair for the playerbase as a whole.

Nobody was named, simply frustration with an in-game situation.

I was given a warning for this for "posting discussing issues".  This confuses me, as to my understanding... I know of no issues regarding this situation.

As such, this policy taken in this manner would seem to indicate that posting about anything that could ever possibly be issued (whether it ever is or not) is against forum rules, since you have no way of knowing what issues are entered into the system.  Or, worse, issues that were entered in at any point during Lusternia's long history, because the warning includes "issue resolutions" as well, for which there are many thousands at this point!

This too seems just a little... silly.  By this policy, you cannot ever talk about the following things on the forums:
(I've realized that I cannot actually post a list, or I will be in possible violation, because they could be issues existing in the system and certainly issues that have at some point in Lusternia's long history)

I can understand not wanting people to be posting about issues as they are happening and inflaming things, but seriously, it feels like this is more than a little broad if you're expecting your players to know what issues are / have ever been submitted.

Edit: I did attempt to clarify this with the administrator in question as well, but... it's probably something worth at least discussing / pointing out given that it affects all forum posters.  And I could probably go through and tag a whole bunch of posts out there that concern "resolved issues".

Comments

• NochtNocht Glomdoring
    I believe the Oneiroi already discussed the specifics of your warning with you in-game, so we'll leave that be. Players are always free to appeal any punishment if they feel it was unwarranted, but the best avenue for this is through support@lusternia.com

To clarify for everyone else: No. You do not have to worry about being warned if you coincidentally talk about something on the forums that is also part of an issue. If you are aware of the specifics of an issue, or know of an ongoing one, you should not post about it (really, you should not discuss it anywhere).

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.