The Formation of Callana

TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
Arms of shadow reach out across the skies above, lashing out at the morning light as Nocht, the Silent returns to mortal perception.

(Glomdoring): Ssaliss says, "Greetings, Lord."

(Glomdoring): Eodh says, "Hail, Silent Lord."

(Glomdoring): Nocht says, "Greetings, little ones."

(Glomdoring): Ankastra (from the Aetherways) says, "Hello Lord Nocht."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

(Glomdoring): Athree says, "Hail."

The surrounding shadows convulse, grasping outwards in joyous anticipation as Nocht, the Silent suddenly materializes from the aether.

You smile softly at Nocht.

Eodh bows respectfully to Nocht.

Ssaliss bows respectfully to Nocht.

Athree bows respectfully to Nocht.

Asria curtseys gracefully before Nocht.

After a moment of silence, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "I have been thinking lately, My little ones..."

Athree tilts his head and listens intently.

You tilt your head curiously.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "About the shadows... Do you think it possible that a shadow can have a shadow of its own?"

Morkarion gives a horrified gasp.

Morkarion kneels before Nocht, swearing his allegiance to Him.

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.

Morkarion ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "It seems to have stumped you all as well..."

Morkarion thrusts a dark cross katana into the ground near himself, then as he withdraws his weapon from the ground, himself's shadow comes with it.

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "An interesting query indeed."

Eodh murmurs softly to himself.

Morkarion gives the shadow of Morkarion the once-over, eyeing it suspiciously.

Thoughtfully, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Perhaps we should see?"

Ssaliss nods his head emphatically.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "You're welcome to it, Lord Nocht."

Penumbra Eodh, Anointed of Shadows says, "I suppose a shadow can have its own shadow, though we would not be able to discern it easily."

Morkarion gives the shadow of Morkarion to Nocht, the Silent.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Nocht's lips.

With hesitation, you murmur, "I believe such a thing is...possible. It would be interesting to see."

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "It could indeed be a shadow as thin as... well, a shadow, yes."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "I have another shadow in mind, My dear little one."

Comprehension flashes across Morkarion's face.

Athree looks about in confusion.

Nocht, the Silent reaches down and brushes His fingers against His own shadow before, impossibly, beginning to lift it up from the ground.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt's eyes widen as he watches Nocht with a mixture of amazement and confusion.

You have emoted: Silent Sage Tacita An'Ryshe tilts her head and examines Nocht curiously, eyes widening slightly.

Within moments the shadow seems to resist, writhing and desperately attempting to cling to the ground. The Silent Lord shows no concern, however, as He continues to pull it up farther and farther as it thrashes about.

"Oooooooooh!" Asria says, eyes wide with wonder.

Ssaliss raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Eodh ponders the shadow of Eodh thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt eyes Nocht carefully, his lips silently moving as he takes note.

With a violent twist, He finally separates it from the ground and the shadow goes limp, hanging from His hand like a loose piece of cloth. With a careless flick of His wrist, He casts it into the air and it begins to swirl about. Slowly, it begins to take shape, humanoid, vaguely feminine. Finally, it takes a solid shape, a featureless body that lacks even a face.

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "That is... quite marvelous, I must say."

Eodh blinks.

Naenia, an inquisitive shadow cat ponders the situation.

Nocht, the Silent brushes past the newly formed figure, and leans down towards its shadow, cast by the morning light. Gently, He runs His hand against the newly cast shadow, causing violet sparks to dance across its shape. Without warning, the shadow suddenly jumps to life, its arms moving around independently of the body its connected to.

Callana appears out of thin air.

She is a radiant immortal and shimmers with a dark translucence, light absorbing into her without revealing her form or passing through it. Faint glimmers of charcoal smoke swirl throughout her tenuous body, and sparse motes of dust trail languorous rivers where veins might be, but her fluid form is otherwise featureless - she bears no hair, nor face, nor even flesh to wrinkle and stretch as her limbs move. Attached to the base of her penumbral figure is a humanoid body that unfolds like a shadow, spreading over the surfaces around her without regard to any extant light source. Despite its distortions, the silhouette expresses life far more authentically than the ghostly reality above it. She is wearing: a stygian cloak of perpetual darkness.

Morkarion gives Callana the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.

Eodh greets Callana with a sincere smile.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Fascinating.."

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "Indeed."

Penumbra Eodh, Anointed of Shadows says, "Certainly more than what mortal shadows are."

Eodh peers at the shadow of Eodh unscrupulously.

Naenia, an inquisitive shadow cat ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Nocht ponders Callana thoughtfully, looking her up and down.

In a thin voice, Callana's flat form whispers, "Mortal shadows may not mind being stepped upon, but I find it most uncomfortable."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Indeed, if mine was capable of this..."

Callana's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Eodh's lips.

Blinking widely, you murmur, "It is...beautiful, my Lord. Incredible."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt circles around Callana, his eyes widening in amusement as he looks from a side on approach.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Perhaps I shall allow it to exist for a while among you mortals..."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "I have no desperate need for My shadow at the moment."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "It will be a most welcome presence, Lord Nocht. Your.. hrm.."

Morkarion looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Penumbra Eodh, Anointed of Shadows says, "We would be delighted to host the Lord's own shadow."

Morkarion gives Callana the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.

Callana flits in a circle around her semi-solid silhouette, causing her form to stretch and splinter as it moves across obstacles.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Lord, Your shadow, seems rather feminine, a trait not shared with You."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to Nocht, "Is this a daughter of sorts then?"

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "It is simply a shadow of a shadow, little one. It shares none of My spirit."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Eventually, I shall reclaim it. Until then, however..."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "I see, thank You."

Nocht, the Silent says, "Please introduce Callana to her new home."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Be well, little ones."

The surrounding shadows wane, falling back in despondent melancholy as the form of Nocht, the Silent dissolves into wisps of shadow.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Eodh's lips as he glances at Callana.

The distorted figure of Callana whispers, "This is an odd sort of place."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to Callana, "I'm sure you'll find yourself steady on your own two feet soon enough."

Penumbra Eodh, Anointed of Shadows says, "It is a Wyrd place. Welcome to Glomdoring, the Heart of Darkness."

You murmur to Callana, "Be welcome, little one, to the Glomdoring. It is indeed odd - there is nowhere in the Basin like it, alas."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to you, "For now.."

You nod your head at Morkarion, showing your acceptance.

From her place on the ground, Callana whispers, "I meant that your shadows are where you ought to be, and you are your shadows. Can you not see that it is improper?"

An impish grin splits Callana's distorted face, stretching her form.

Eodh ponders the shadow of Eodh thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

Naenia, an inquisitive shadow cat snickers softly to herself.

You say to Naenia, an inquisitive shadow cat, "You, of all people, do not get to talk about where one ought to be."

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "Hmm. So our shadows do not mimic us, but rather we mimic our shadows, as it were?"

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Our shadows cast across the ground as they should, what is so odd about this?"

Morkarion thrusts a dark cross katana into the ground near himself.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Or they would had I a shadow of my own. He still is in posession of it."

The distorted figure of Callana whispers, "If you are content to keep company with my shadow, rather than me, I suppose I can't change that. But it really is quite a bit more fun from my perspective!"

Morkarion raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "I .."

Athree scratches his head in confusion.

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "Ah, if only we could see the world as you do. It would be quite the experience, I believe."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt looks down at the ground darkened by what, presumably to most people, is Callana's shadow.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to Callana, "It would appear that your creation has given you a unique perspective on things."

(Glomdoring): You say, "Those who have not should welcome Callana to the forest. She lingers yet at the Master Ravenwood."

You perk your ears up as an errant topic catches your interest.

Rialorm inclines her head politely to those around her.

Morkarion inclines his head politely to Rialorm.

You say to Rialorm, "The Lord has given us a gift, little one. This is Callana, who has been formed from His own Shadow."

Oblate Rialorm, Votary of Bat says, "What a pleasant event to wake up to."

Rialorm smiles softly at Callana.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "So as a being made from Shadow, you travel across the ground as any other shadow would.. yet you have your own shadow which is upright, like us.. but flat, like a Shadow."

Morkarion scratches his head in confusion.

From her place on the ground, Callana whispers, "You just have yourselves and your shadows mixed up, is your trouble."

Naenia, an inquisitive shadow cat smirks.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to Callana, "It has its advantages, notably a lack of being trodden or sat on."

In a thin voice, Callana's flat form whispers, "Were you all down here, it wouldn't be an issue!"

Rialorm snickers softly to herself.

Callana lets out a soft sigh, the puff of air stirring dust from the ground.

Naenia, an inquisitive shadow cat settles down on the ground, flattening herself so low that the shadows that embrace her form fade into the foliage.

Oblate Rialorm, Votary of Bat says, "I wonder what it'd be like, to be down there and not up here. Would it be very different?"

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Well, I'm sure we can come to some general understanding that people are to be careful not to tread on you."

Rialorm nods her head emphatically.

In a thin voice, Callana's flat form whispers, "And if any are a little too careless, I'm sure I can arrange an understanding of my own with them."

A fleeting smile reveals the ground beneath Callana's form.

Ssaliss smirks.

Stepping slightly backwards, Oblate Rialorm, Votary of Bat says, "I wouldn't want to find out about that."

Ssaliss Shee-Slaugh says, "A good thing I generally hover, then."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to Rialorm, "I'm sure we'll find out at some point, we've the odd burly Tae'dae that has a tendancy to not watch where it is walking."

You remark, "Let us be fair about this, brother." Pausing for effect, her eyes twinkle as she continues, "Our sister is a changeling."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to you, "There are several of them, Sister is just one potential candidate."

Oblate Rialorm, Votary of Bat says, "I personally was thinking of another."

Rialorm's eyes sparkle with amusement.

The lifelike shadow of Callana whispers, "This has been a treat, and fun indeed to meet creatures who put their shadows on upside-down. I'll return again to see if it continues to work for you. Until then... Mind where you step."

The tenuous shadow of Callana sinks into the ground, pulling her deflated form down with it.

Comments