Announce News 2251

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2251
Date: 10/30/2013 at 13:15
To  : Everyone
Subj: Envoy Reports - September 2013!

o Paradigmatics Darkened Eyes now give access to FLESHFORM SCAN rather
than a blindness avoidance. Report 949.

o Harmonics GloryGem now only targets one person at a time. Report 1177.

o Unenchanted statues are now much quicker to dsetroy. Report 1180.

o Necroscream's DarkMaster will only whisper to you if you are not
already able to command someone. Report 1228.

o Strategems may now contain up to five stacked actions. Report 1258.

o Hunting SnakeCharm no longer requires a crystal egg to create the net.
Report 1261.

o City/Commune Leaders may now always transfer deeded
manses/aetherships, regardless of whether the Steward is logged out.
Report 1263.

o Telepathy's MassDominate now scales its power cost according to the
number of people dominated, capping at 10 (but not capping the number of
players that can be dominated). Report 1264.

o Aeromancy's AirNet has been merged with Twister, and IllWind has been
merged with SwiftWind. Report 1265.

o Debating can no longer be done while masochism is cooling down (ie
after a recent attack), however it now bypasses the Avenger system.
Report 1268.

o Sacraments Inquisition now clears parry weights and you cannot
naturally dodge attacks while under it. Report 1270.

Type MORE to continue reading. (64% shown)
7352h, 8280m, 8205e, 10p, 26400en, 32400w Bexkdb-
You continue reading:
o The chance for herbs in hibernation to die down has been reduced.
Report 1271.

o KATA FORMS now gives an aesthetically-pleasing tabular output. Report

o The third-person message for a Crow-user chewing on carrion in their
nest is now shown far less frequently. Report 1281.

o War shrines can now only be raised in city/commune/guild/order
territories (which include associated higher planes). Any War shrines
not meeting this requirement have been destroyed. Report 1276.

o Tattooists may now prepare their skin up to four times; each time
grants an equivalent defence against blunt/cutting damage as 10/10
armour. Report 1273.

Penned by My hand on the 23rd of Klangiary, in the year 367 CE.

This. So very much this.

Thank you!

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I thought the parry was only part of the Inquisition change, or did aura closing not go through as well?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• While I am sure not everybody will be happy with this change, the fact remains that they were a real problem. On the plus side, yay for alternative shrines.

(I'm looking at you, Replenish and Allcure).
  • Morkarion said:
    I thought the parry was only part of the Inquisition change, or did aura closing not go through as well?
    Yeah... Come to think of it. You're right. Hrm.
  • Wasn't there talk about having it work similar to how the wounding changes were enacted? Am sure I read something about that. Too busy to go trawling reports at the moment.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The shrines was a good change. Reading through the comments on the inquisition report was interesting. That has to be a record.

Caerlyr said:
    While I am sure not everybody will be happy with this change, the fact remains that they were a real problem. On the plus side, yay for alternative shrines.

(I'm looking at you, Replenish and Allcure).
    Shield shrines also take up less space IIRC, and are less likely to be aggressivly defiled.

And so began the great Shrine landgrab of 2013...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    I looked into the Aura closing and found that it already works that way (giving Infidel closes the heretic aura), so no change needed.
    Hrm, I must have misread the report, I thought the goal was to stop sacraments users stacking up off each other for fast Inqui by closing out the chain to only one person.

• Personally, I'm more curious about to which level herb death was brought during hibernation. But I guess I'll have to keep an eye out in Glom to try to figure it out that way!
  • 1/15 chance.
  • Hmm. So roughly 18% will survive hibernation now. A very nice increase from how it used to be, thanks!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Why it wasn't changed to work the same way sacrifice does is beyond me, considering both had the same problems with multiple Necro/Sacrement users being able to double up on it to quickly.

So a report aimed at nerfing something instead went the other way and buffed an already too powerful skill. Why am I not surprised.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Iosai said:
    Kio said:
    Morkarion said:
    I looked into the Aura closing and found that it already works that way (giving Infidel closes the heretic aura), so no change needed.
    ...what? So basically what you're saying is that the problem that the report was supposed to be addressing had solutions which were agreed upon due to misinformation? The focus of the report was to tone down group inquisition. If the proposed solutions in the revised report -were already how Inquisiton functioned-, then this report serves only one end: buffing Inquisition for Paladins. There has been no change to the problems of group Inquisiton. This is the problem the report was supposed to address. Instead, -it made it stronger-. If I'm incorrect, please correct me. Otherwise, I am VERY upset about this. Edit: My reaction here is due to the fact that there are no more chances to envoy this problem. The envoy posing this report was able to buff the thing that was meant to be nerfed with no chance of actually fixing the problem. The original report WOULD have fixed the problem. Since the report's problem was not even addressed in the solutions, is there any way we could try to, you know, address the problem that was posed?
    My apologies, there was a miscommunication. Infidel and Inquisition are now both locked into a single person, like crucify/sacrifice. The announce post has been updated to clarify this, as it was requested in Solution 1.

And this is why you're breaking Lusternia.

By leaving.

I already miss you please don't go.

(I know you have to, but we will think about you often.)

((And also you are pretty.))

• Kio said

You trollop! You said I was the only one!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Iosai said:
    Kio said:
    Morkarion said:
    ...what? So basically what you're saying is that the problem that the report was supposed to be addressing had solutions which were agreed upon due to misinformation? The focus of the report was to tone down group inquisition. If the proposed solutions in the revised report -were already how Inquisiton functioned-, then this report serves only one end: buffing Inquisition for Paladins. There has been no change to the problems of group Inquisiton. This is the problem the report was supposed to address. Instead, -it made it stronger-. If I'm incorrect, please correct me. Otherwise, I am VERY upset about this. Edit: My reaction here is due to the fact that there are no more chances to envoy this problem. The envoy posing this report was able to buff the thing that was meant to be nerfed with no chance of actually fixing the problem. The original report WOULD have fixed the problem. Since the report's problem was not even addressed in the solutions, is there any way we could try to, you know, address the problem that was posed?
    My apologies, there was a miscommunication. Infidel and Inquisition are now both locked into a single person, like crucify/sacrifice. The announce post has been updated to clarify this, as it was requested in Solution 1.
    Thank you!
  • Ardmore said:

Kio said

You trollop! You said I was the only one!

You're lying and you know it.  No one will ever believe you, as I am Kio d'Illici, Wiggler of the Bear Butt
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    What the crap, now what change do we pitchfork instead now.
    To paraphrase Rancoura

WHY MUST YOU LEAVE!?!

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yay!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Shuyin said:
    The hugely OP hekoskeri report of last month.
  • Shuyin said:
    The hekoskeri report of last month.  5 of every 12s is spent with sluggish. Attack once and its 6-8s off balance, then you can transfix!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    *slides home*