Descriptions: From Divines to Mortals, and Beasts, and Items, and Mobs, and Places!

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
edited November 2012 in World Library
Reviving the old character descriptions thread from the old forums, however, I included Divine, Beasts, Items, Mobs, and Places. The ability of people to weave words together fascinate me, so the purpose of this thread is to express ohhhs and ahhhs and ohmans. :)

Seeing @Lai's description reminded me of this thread, so....

She is a nimble shadowcaster faeling and emaciated, almost waifish in appearance. Around a metre in height, Lai bears dusky skin with white, waist-length hair. Her hands are delicate with long nails painted a faint mauve hue, and seem soft, the hands of a scholar more than a laborer. Dark eyes over a thin nose give Lai an almost severe appearance, as do her thin lips.

Pretty!
Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• Not to distract, but is there a way to look up people's descriptions anymore since they got rid of the old website? It has severely hindered my artisanal crap because I can't see the old people I want to draw :(

• There is not.
  • Somebody fix it so we can see it again! Forget stuff that's important and actually relates to the game.... fix the new website so it works like the old one!
  • Lorina said:
    Not to distract, but is there a way to look up people's descriptions anymore since they got rid of the old website? It has severely hindered my artisanal crap because I can't see the old people I want to draw :(
    To a degree it's possible. I also like sketching fantasy portraits based off inspiration from Lusternia descs. For this purpose I make heavy use of the Wayback Machine ;) You can reach the old site that way. But any new people after Feb. 7, 2011, won't be on it. Typically it's also usually fine to ask people OOC for their description. Lots of them like being drawn :3 If you want it to be a secret or surprise, you can ask others to look at them then give you their desc, which has a cool spy-ish IC flavor.
  • He is a sinuous illithoid dark reaper and has a luminescent purple twinge to his mottled skin. His deepset eyes reflect darkest stygian black, small flecks of purple peppering the pupil and iris. Tightened across his face and neck, the skin stretches with an unnatural elasticity. Hair is nowhere to be seen, but a deep black scar runs from over the top of his head, across his nose, and straight through his right eye, ending at the hinge of the jawbone. The scar tissue and flesh knotted, putrid, and disgusting. A failed smile shows blackened, crooked teeth and a slimy black tongue. His hands are crinkled with age, but stretched taut over his muscles and bones. Many small black scars cross back and forth on both of his arms and hands. He's well built for an illithoid, but not heroicly strong looking. His eyes constantly search for the secrets that are hidden in the shadows, rarely giving a second thought to those that are obviously around him.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Hmmm... Elanorwen needs to borrow Estarra's heels for a few days. Guess a bit off-topic, but... be nice if I can find an artist to draw Elanorwen up. There might or might not be some credits involved in the process.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Looking for a description of Nariah when she was Warlady/City Leader of Magnagora.
  • Someone get a description for the Staff of Ascension, or whatever it's called? Was too stressed to sneak a look during the event.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    edited March 2013
    Kaalak said:
    Looking for a description of Nariah when she was Warlady/City Leader of Magnagora.
    I don't know if this is the exact one when she was Warlady, but it's the one I could find; sorry if it's the wrong one!

Nariah's Description
    She is a fiendish undead master viscanti demigoddess and a classical portrait of tainted pulchritude, looking no older than in her late thirties through the occult gifts of necromancy. She is rather tall and stands with well-disciplined posture, surveying the surroundings with blatant disinterest in disturbing stillness. Her skin is of a caliginous ashen colour, resembling a black pearl with its lustre, and devoid of any imperfections excluding delicate worry lines across her forehead. Her curvy body is well-proportioned for her height and with a hint of muscle. Slender fingers end in long, talon-like fingertips with arcane symbols carved onto them. An oval face with a suggestion of high cheekbones, a small, slightly hooked nose, and full carmine lips; is the canvas for the flawlessly shaped, piercing eyes. Devoid of pupils, the irises convey naught and mesmerise within a whirlpool of aurulent shades. Her hair is of a pale golden hue with highlights of platinum along their lush, wavy length. It has been parted directly in the middle and left loose to curl till mid-back with amber ribbons and carnelian charms woven into it to keep the tresses away from the face. The scent of fine necropolic wine mixed with ink trails her presence. She is wearing the Iron Key to the Infernal Machine.

I think the only thing that might be different since she stepped down from Warlady is the part that describes her hair and its decorations. If you're looking for clothes, I know she used to wear a resplendent gown of crepuscular chiffons. There aren't any statues of her about Magnagora (I can't currently check)?

Found the statue Lavinya mentioned below:

She is a fiendish archlich master viscanti demigoddess and a classical portrait 
    of tainted pulchritude, looking no older than in her late thirties through the 
    occult gifts of necromancy. She is rather tall and stands with well-disciplined 
    posture, surveying the surroundings with blatant disinterest in disturbing 
    stillness. Her skin is of a caliginous ashen colour, resembling a black pearl 
    with its lustre, and devoid of any imperfections excluding delicate worry lines 
    across her forehead. Her curvy body is well-proportioned for her height and with
    a hint of muscle. Slender fingers end in long, talon-like fingertips with arcane
    symbols carved onto them. An oval face with a suggestion of high cheekbones, a 
    small, slightly hooked nose, and full carmine lips; is the canvas for the 
    flawlessly shaped, piercing eyes. Devoid of pupils, the irises convey naught and
    mesmerise within a whirlpool of aurulent shades. Her hair is of a pale golden 
    hue with highlights of platinum along their lush, wavy length. It has been 
    parted directly in the middle and left loose to curl till mid-back with amber 
    ribbons and carnelian charms woven into it to keep the tresses away from the 
    face. The scent of fine necropolic wine mixed with ink trails her presence. She 
    is wearing a tarnished bracelet of golden tendrils, a fragile crystal watch of 
    spectral luminescence, a twisting circlet of damnation, a baroque vermeil choker
    aflame with evening tanzanites, august robes of incarnadine silk and effulgent 
    pearl, lacy black slippers with wraparound ribbons, an exquisite coat of gold 
    and silver trimmed ivory silk, and the Iron Key to the Infernal Machine.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There's a statue of her near the Cathedral, I'd check but I'm not in game.

• KioKio
    edited April 2013
    Bringin' this thread back 'cause of recent tweets!  Here's mine:

He is a twisted wyrdenwood and towers over his surroundings. His great form has been twisted about itself, creating a chaotic warp of darkened wood. Curled, decayed bark peels away to reveal an underneath that has been ripped apart by the ravages of time and insects. Termites delicately chew away as maggots dance and slither across themselves. A set of knotted, creaking limbs jut from the middle of his trunk, the ends affixed with shriveled branches. These limbs seem to be acting as arms, though their movements are clumsy and faltering. High above his trunk grow dead branches devoid of life. They turn about themselves, clinging to each other as if letting go means mortal peril. Seeming to propel his form is a network of thick roots which fling about fetid soil and the occasional cluster of pulsing maggots. Halfway up his trunk are two massive hollows which seem to devour the light about them. A deep crimson glow emanates from these hollows, radiating from blood colored orbs which nestle themselves in these holes. Below these - what seem to be 'eyes,' - is a vertical tear with a wickedly jagged edge. It seems this is what one might consider a 'mouth.' When this great crevice opens to speak, countless red eyes gaze from the inside, a telling of the horrors which call this tree their own.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited April 2013
    Kio said:
    grow dead branches devoid of life
    This was the only part that really stuck out to me...are they growing, or are they dead! The rest is absolutely wonderful, and makes me want to try Wyrdenwood out. I especially liked the fact that he isn't just a tree with a creepy face, but it's described as sort of, -maybe- could be a face at a first glance. Very clever, very fun :)

And now mine, just because I feel it's proper after getting a little critiquey:

He is a fierce rapscallion dracnari scandalous demigod and rises to a height just shy of seven feet, his stance typically lax and somewhat slouched. Though clearly not built for raw strength, he bears the musculature of a practiced acrobat: wide shoulders, fairly toned arms and a tapering waist set above sinewy legs. The whole of his figure is swathed in scales of chaste, lusterless ivory, though bony ridges and dulled spines more blanched in hue line his forearms and frame his reptilian face. Similar to those of a ram, two bulky horns furrowed with rib-like channels curl alongside his head, tips alight with an sleek, gold lacquer. Similar ornamentation follows the length of his tail, the whip thin extension studded with metallic barbs and a smooth, oddly purple club at its tip. A dusting of saffron powder stretches across his eyes in a wide band, highlighting the preternatural white of his slit-pupiled irides and the epitomic dark of the surrounding sclera.

I told myself I would have normal eyes, but I had to edit a grammatical error earlier today...so why not!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My descriptions always feel wooden:

He is a feathered trill and stands nearly seven feet in height. Though well-aged, he retains some of the benefits of a warrior's training such as strong, lithe limbs and fluid, if slower movement. Decades of battles have left their marks as scars marring and tearing his bronze skin. Two broad silver wings sprout from his back, the feathers of which are tipped in a smouldering blue. These same feathers grow down his forearms, and in a crest that frames his angular face. Long strings of beads and feathered charms are woven into that crest and clink together with every movement. Gleaming faintly like emeralds, his eyes sit on either side of a hawkish nose, giving him a wizened, bird-like appearance. He bears the following Serenguard honours: two parallel straight purple stripes and a rolling blue stripe around his left arm; a rolling green stripe, a jagged orange stripe, and two parallel black stripes on his right arm; the Mark of Nintoba on his chest, the Mark of the Eagle on his back; and the Mark of the Jaguar on his face.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited April 2013
    Everiine said:
    My descriptions always feel wooden:

He is a feathered trill and stands nearly seven feet in height. Though well-aged, he retains some of the benefits of a warrior's training such as strong, lithe limbs and fluid, if slower movement. Decades of battles have left their marks as scars marring and tearing his bronze skin. Two broad silver wings sprout from his back, the feathers of which are tipped in a smouldering blue. These same feathers grow down his forearms, and in a crest that frames his angular face. Long strings of beads and feathered charms are woven into that crest and clink together with every movement. Gleaming faintly like emeralds, his eyes sit on either side of a hawkish nose, giving him a wizened, bird-like appearance. He bears the following Serenguard honours: two parallel straight purple stripes and a rolling blue stripe around his left arm; a rolling green stripe, a jagged orange stripe, and two parallel black stripes on his right arm; the Mark of Nintoba on his chest, the Mark of the Eagle on his back; and the Mark of the Jaguar on his face.
    FYI, you are one of my favourite trill ever. /featherpride

Also, does anyone have descriptions of runestones when they have actual runes inscribed on them?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Runes do not have a description, they actually have ASCII art showing how the rune itself looks. Bit weird, but eh... considering AB RUNES <rune> doesn't have anything in it either....

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    That's pretty cool flavour, though!
  • I want to know if anyone has an actual description for Mother Moon herself.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Is there a singular description for Spirit Moon? I've only ever heard her speak singularly, never seen a singular Moon Spirit. Part of her charm, I suppose.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Does anyone have the description to hand should you lose Godhood status and get bumped back to Titan?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I'm not able to log in from here. Can someone grab Sotsepmet's statue desc from the street in front of Mag's kitchens?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    NO STATUE FOR YOU /destory statue

• Need some god descs. Any will do right now, but favorites would be Shikari, Fain, and Terentia.
  • Xiel's site has a lot of divine descriptions:

https://sites.google.com/site/xieltalnara/Divine

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If anyone has a sketch of Fain ingame, I'll pay credits for it. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Should probably change this one, but I actually have a male and a female version of this description for when I genderbend.

He is a regal aslaran demigod and is covered from head to toe in a fine coat of fur. The majority of
    it is a golden yellow intermittant with black spots and splotches the size of a sovereign each,
    excepting his stomach and the front of his neck where the fur is a soft white shade. His face is
    naturally clear of most spots, though he has black streaks like inky tear-stains where his muzzle
    meets the face, below fiery orange eyes. Besides these natural markings he has several tattoos.
    First, on his left cheek is a sun rising over a hill with a slit in the centre causing the disc to
    form an eye. Next, across his throat is a bar of some scale with a leading bass clef that has been
    dyed into the fur with black pigments and made permanent through some enchantment. Similarly, a
    treble clef has been styled into the small of his back incorporating several of the surrounding
    spots into the design. Finally, he's had his right hand permanently marked with the emblem of the
    Czigany Wayfaire. His tail tends to be low and calm unless he actively thinks about it or is
    irritated, when it bristles and twitches.
  • a large, golden mare with a silvery tail

This mare has a large frame, with sleek muscles denoting speed and grace whenever she moves. She occasionally tosses her luxurious mane as she whinnies and snorts, and her brown eyes blink slowly, taking in the world. Her sleek coat is coloured golden, with a silvery tail sprouting proudly from her body. Blinking occasionally and swishing her tail, she has the forebearing look of a creature waiting for something interesting to happen.

Not very Gloomy, but she's pretty!

For those who missed tonight's event, here's Yomoigu, the Pyresmith:

He is a radiant immortal and is a towering, solidly built figure whose ebon skin gleams like darkest obsidian. Two hollowed sockets serve as His eyes, flickering orange flames blazing within and illuminating the ground before Him. His mouth burns like a furnace, stray sparks occassionally escaping its confines to swirl about His body before quietly petering out. Molten gold veins run just below the skin and trace His thickly muscled form in esoteric, exceedingly intricate patterns that cover nearly the entirety of His body, errant flames arcing along their delicately etched lines. His left arm is conspicuously absent below the shoulder, the black skin surrounding the wound blistered and puckered. 
    He is wearing:
     sturdy void-black trousers, sturdy boots of hide and meteoric iron and a pair of thick black obsidian gauntlets.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Why's he wearing a pair of gauntlets with just one arm?  :-?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Clearly his other arm is so macho from all that hammering, it fits both on one hand!