My beast may or may not be better than your beast!

edited November 2013 in Common Grounds
Recreating the old My beast is better than your beast! thread from the old forums. Let this be our new place to show off our beasts and discuss beastmastery, feeds, and the terrible addiction of zimoru. I've missed having a singular thread for posting or reading about beasts, so I've finally decided we should have one in the new forums as well. Please feel free to repost old raves or tweets about your beasts here if you want!

Without further ado, here's my new gryphon!

You administer a dose of zimoru reagent to your gryphon. A golden glow surrounds him which shimmers 
and you watch in amazement as he transforms into a golden gryphon with frosted wings of snow-white 
feathers.

This legendary, kingly creature is a beast bred to possess both the upper build of an eagle and the 
lower build of a lion, bearing a lithesome body covered in short, golden fur as he stretches on his 
powerful hind-legs. In contrast, his avian head is feathered, two long and elegant plumes tipping 
his ears as they attend to every sound, his cerulean eyes shining with quiet serenity. Soft, downy 
feathers of purest white form a regal crest, not unsimilar to the effect of a lion's mane. Enormous, 
frosted wings of snow-white feathers protrude from his back, unfurling with grand purpose to double 
his already impressive span of length. His white-furred tail whipping about restlessly behind him, 
he clenches and unclenches his front talons, enveloped in a flurry of fragrant cherry blossoms.

It took three zimoru (each of which were quite lovely, but not exactly what I was looking for), but it was worth it. Vegetarian diet of vegetables, oats, and fruit, approximately 180 feeds in total. Now I just need to figure out what to name him...
Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Avoiding this thread as Wyvern descriptions are generally meh :(

(Will redesign Wyverns for free!)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    "gryphon42881"            a pearl white gryphon with gold-feathered wings

With gold-feathered wings unfurled, a pearl white gryphon is here, enveloped in 
    a flurry of fragrant cherry blossoms. 

This legendary, kingly creature is a beast bred to possess both the upper build 
    of an eagle and the lower build of a lion, bearing a lithesome body covered in 
    short, pearl white fur as he stretches on his powerful hind-legs. In contrast, 
    his avian head is feathered, two long and elegant plumes tipping his ears as 
    they attend to every sound, his bright eyes shining a startling amethyst. Soft, 
    downy feathers of purest white form a regal crest, not unsimilar to the effect 
    of a lion's mane. Enormous, gold-feathered wings protrude from his back, 
    unfurling with grand purpose to double his already impressive span of length. 
    His white-furred tail whipping about restlessly behind him, he clenches and 
    unclenches his front talons, enveloped in a flurry of fragrant cherry blossoms. 
    He is called 'Andreios.'

• "rhino61758"              a sky blue woolly rhino with an enormous horn and white-feathered wings

A sky blue woolly rhino with an enormous horn and white-
    feathered wings dominates the area, watching with black eyes.

Covered from tusk to tail in sky blue wool, this rhino stands more than ten feet from the ground in total domination of the landscape. Extending from his skull with a slight curve, an enormous horn ends in a fairly dull, but still devastatingly effective, point. He has white-feathered wings sprouting from his thick pelt. He stands proudly, watching with black eyes. He is called 'Herberto.'

Damn the name Herbert being taken, DAMN IT.
  • Eddies of glittering frost swirl around the graceful form of a sleek snow phoenix with wings of golden ice.

The rare sight of a sleek snow phoenix is resplendent and shimmering, his wings
    of golden ice refracting light amidst numerous facets and edges. Snow swirls in
    eddying patterns about his slender, swan-like frame, chilling his glacial body
    and sharp feathers with fractals of frost that disappear in a whisper. Still,
    icy plumes crest and flare upon the avian's forehead like a crown of icicles.
    Eyes of emerald ice gaze with a chilled impassiveness, a cold demeanour that is
    regal and dignified. As the phoenix beats his slender wings, eddies of
    glittering frost are born that drive the temperature to plummet dramatically. He
    is called 'Cygnus.'

I never used Zimoru on this one- He's naturally a pretty, pretty beasty.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    a giant golden chimaera with shifting wings of incandescent colours Not copying the long desc out cause...well it's a chimaera, only like two things change. Also my app won't let me select text anymore :( Anyways I would love to ditch the gold in favour of something else, but I'm just not open to risking those damn beautiful wings!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    @Zyphora and @Irillia got inverse matching gryphons.  :-O

Any advice on getting one that's not quite as gorgeous, but isn't utterly bland or scary? Eggs and meat got me the (pretty awesome but completely character-inappropriate) skeletal/violent one. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Eh, try... pure oats? Pure fruit is likely to get you ostentatious, and veggies seem to tend toward blandness, while the carnivorous side of things tends toward looking like death on four legs and two wings.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    My chimaera was pure oats.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited November 2013
    A celestial white serpent possessing blazing wings of golden fire.

The behemoth form of a celestial white serpent undulates here, enveloped in a comforting warmth that emanates from the blessed glyph upon her brow. 

A beautiful and majestic creature, this serpent is many times that of those found in natural world. 
    Countless celestial white scales protect the tender flesh on her underside, their delicate patterns 
    lending a sense of elegance and fluidity to her behemoth presence. When at rest blazing wings of 
    golden fire cover her back, offering a lambency all their own to her surroundings. With deep, 
    soulful eyes this wondrous beast gazes upon the world, each iris sharing the celestial white colour 
    of her scales whilst flecked with light tawny and violet, set within a head befitting her great form.
     Nearly draconic, the serpent's head offers a deep jaw and bold ridges above her celestial white 
    eyes, ivory bone ridges rising up through the scales protectively. Two vertical slits surrounded by 
    celestial white scales make for her snout, set just above her mouth. Upon her brow and appearing a 
    natural formation from the scales, lies a blessed glyph, from which emanates a comforting warmth 
    that envelops her form. She is called 'Ogopogo.'
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    A celestial white serpent possessing blazing wings of golden fire.

The behemoth form of a celestial white serpent undulates here, enveloped in a comforting warmth that emanates from the blessed glyph upon her brow. 

A beautiful and majestic creature, this serpent is many times that of those found in natural world. 
    Countless celestial white scales protect the tender flesh on her underside, their delicate patterns 
    lending a sense of elegance and fluidity to her behemoth presence. When at rest blazing wings of 
    golden fire cover her back, offering a lambency all their own to her surroundings. With deep, 
    soulful eyes this wondrous beast gazes upon the world, each iris sharing the celestial white colour 
    of her scales whilst flecked with light tawny and violet, set within a head befitting her great form.
     Nearly draconic, the serpent's head offers a deep jaw and bold ridges above her celestial white 
    eyes, ivory bone ridges rising up through the scales protectively. Two vertical slits surrounded by 
    celestial white scales make for her snout, set just above her mouth. Upon her brow and appearing a 
    natural formation from the scales, lies a blessed glyph, from which emanates a comforting warmth 
    that envelops her form. She is called 'Ogopogo.'
    that's you too? *throws hands up in defeat*
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    Silly Parua. I'm everyone, haven't you figured it out yet?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Daraius said:
    @Zyphora and @Irillia got inverse matching gryphons.  :-O

Any advice on getting one that's not quite as gorgeous, but isn't utterly bland or scary? Eggs and meat got me the (pretty awesome but completely character-inappropriate) skeletal/violent one. 
    I still stand by the diet of balanced vegetarian (oats, veg, and fruit) feeds, and not all the results turned out quite that colorful; my gryphon initially came out of the stable as a pearl-white gryphon with red-feathered wings. I remember Phoebus saying that the fruity diets tend to give the sparkly beasts and meat-type diets give "dark" or "tough" looks. So, I suppose if you want to get something in-between, you could take the fruity diet and just substitute, say, eggs for oats or meat for fruit or something like that?

And remember, if you want it to look dramatically different, you need to feed the beast the new diet for at least a week, or thereabouts. At least, that's what I remember Estarra saying in the old thread when zimoru first came out.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • I think I have a TransBeast! And ze is gorgeous and adorable. <3

You lead a bashful manticore with a shocking pink mane out of a stall of the
    Crystal Keeper.

> p manticore
    An impressive specimen of a manticore pridelord, this bashful, lionesque
    creature towers over his surroundings with unfurled smooth turquoise wings,
    grinning to reveal three gruesome rows of razor-sharp, crystalline teeth. He
    tosses a shocking pink mane with a disdainful snort, its colour gleaming against
    the dark red fur that covers the entirety of his muscular physique. His
    bloodshot eyes gleam with a predator's killer instinct, wildly darting from one
    place to the next. He somehow possesses, against all reason, a set of nine,
    fox-like tails, whipping about wildly.
    A bashful manticore with a shocking pink mane looks weak and feeble.
    She weighs about 125 pounds.
    Her feedbag is brimming with food and she is looking well-fed.
    She is loyal to Professor Orventa T. Onz'Verheu.
    A bashful manticore with a shocking pink mane is holding:
    Nothing.

You blink.

You rub your chin thoughtfully, raise your eyebrow and say, "I see..."

> look
    The Crystal Keeper.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. It is uncomfortably cold. Wandering amongst the
    gardens are a fantastic variety of beasts, ranging from the strange to the
    exotic, from the powerful thunderbird to the hideous boar. Great constructs of
    crystal grow from the ground as if they were themselves plants, lucidian and
    trill in the most plain of attires ambling from tree to tree, flower to flower,
    tending to their meticulous care. Much effort is put into keeping the Crystal
    Keeper clean and the stench of ordure from the air. Many of the crystal flowers,
    each petal perfect in every angle, release a fresh perfumed aroma, akin to
    freshly blossomed skyblooms. A bashful manticore with a shocking pink mane rests
    smooth turquoise wings here, oddly possessing a set of nine, fox-like tails,
    whipping about wildly. A sign suggests you can use STABLE commands here.
    You see a single exit leading out.

You reach over to a bashful manticore with a shocking pink mane and itch her
    back.
    A bashful manticore with a shocking pink mane lazily draws her wings to and fro
    through the air, fanning them slowly.

You give a bashful manticore with a shocking pink mane a peck on the cheek.
    A bashful manticore with a shocking pink mane prowls in menacing circles around
    you, her eyes locked on you.

You reach out through your bond with your beast and dismiss her, sending her
    back to the stables.
    A bashful manticore with a shocking pink mane bobs her head several times just
    before trotting off.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    My god, those tails
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Shaddus said:
    My god, those tails

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited October 2014
    Let me just show off again here.

You reach out through your bond with a gorgeous manticore with a lush mane entangled with flowers and summon her from the stables. You sense her answering your call.

A gorgeous manticore with a lush mane entangled with flowers rests glittering emerald wings here, oddly possessing an aquatic tail of shimmering blue scales, tapering into a slender fin.

An impressive specimen of a manticore queen, this gorgeous, lionesque creature towers over her surroundings with unfurled glittering emerald wings, grinning to reveal three gruesome rows of razor-sharp, crystalline teeth. She tosses a lush mane entangled with flowers with a disdainful snort, its colour gleaming against the fur that covers the entirety of her muscular physique. Her bloodshot eyes gleam with a predator's killer instinct, wildly darting from one place to the next. She somehow possesses, against all reason, an aquatic tail of shimmering blue scales, tapering into a slender fin. She is called 'Papaxida.'

For those who were wondering last time, I'd alternate between 3 oatfeed-1 vegfeed and 2 oatfeed-2 vegfeed everytime she was empty and when I remembered to summon her. (often enough). Let's see...it totals to ~71 oatfeed and ~43 vegfeed from adolescence to adulthood.

The only thing I don't like about her is her wings. I'd trade them for Orventa's smooth turquoise any day.

• The horse that started it all for me

This slender stallion is a strong, powerful creature, and his well-defined muscles gleam beneath a 
    brilliant white coat. His mane is slightly tangled from his wild runs, and his tail swishes 
    incessantly as his sparkling blue eyes dance with an inner merriment. He lets out an occasional 
    snort as he paws at the ground, throwing his head back with inherent nobility, and his body is 
    graced with snow white wings. He is called 'Shuran.

A slender, brilliant white stallion with snow white wings 

:D
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited November 2014
    The behemoth form of a gold-streaked aquamarine serpent possessing blazing, formless wings of divinus energy undulates here, enveloped in a genteel presence that emanates from the pure glyph upon his brow.

"serpent117800"                         a gold-streaked aquamarine serpent possessing blazing, formless wings of divinus energy

12870h, 2200m, 6000e, 10p, 23398en, 24900w Belrxkb<>-probe serpent
    A beautiful and majestic creature, this serpent is many times that of those found in natural world. Countless gold-streaked aquamarine scales protect the tender flesh of his underside, their delicate patterns lending a sense of elegance and fluidity to his behemoth presence. When at rest, blazing, formless wings of divinus energy cover his back, offering a lambency all their own to his surroundings. With deep, soulful eyes this wondrous beast gazes upon the world, sharing the gold-streaked aquamarine colour of his scales whilst streaked with tawny and violet lines, set within a head befitting his great form. Nearly draconic, the serpent's head offers a deep jaw and bold ridges above his gold-streaked aquamarine eyes, ivory bone ridges rising up through the scales protectively. Two vertical slits surrounded by gold-streaked aquamarine scales make for his snout, set just before his mouth. Upon his brow and appearing a natural formation from the scales, lies a pure glyph, from which emanates a genteel presence that envelops his form. He is called 'Iacrus.'

-shrug-
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• @Shaddus said:
     She somehow possesses, against all reason, a stubby turtle's tail, wagging uselessly. (..what)
    ;))
  • a shy manticore with a flowing, golden mane

A shy manticore with a flowing, golden mane rests glittering emerald wings here, 
    oddly possessing a fuzzy bunny's bun.

An impressive specimen of a manticore queen, this shy, lionesque creature towers
    over her surroundings with unfurled glittering emerald wings, grinning to reveal
    three gruesome rows of razor-sharp, crystalline teeth. She tosses a flowing, 
    golden mane with a disdainful snort, its colour gleaming against the fur that 
    covers the entirety of her muscular physique. Her bloodshot eyes gleam with a 
    predator's killer instinct, wildly darting from one place to the next. She 
    somehow possesses, against all reason, a fuzzy bunny's bun.

She's shy, and golden, and glittery, and a vicious, bloodthirsty killer, AND a fuzzy bunny all in one. 
  • My phoenix finally matured today!

Appearance: a ferocious snow phoenix with wings of black ice
    Dropped: Eddies of snow swirl around the graceful form of a ferocious snow phoenix with wings of black ice.
    Examined: The rare sight of a ferocious snow phoenix is resplendent and shimmering, her wings of black ice refracting light amidst numerous facets and edges. Snow swirls in eddying patterns about her slender, swan-like frame, chilling her glacial body and sharp feathers with fractals of frost that disappear in a whisper. Still, icy plumes crest and flare upon the avian's forehead like a crown of icicles. Eyes of amber ice gaze with a chilled impassiveness, a cold demeanour that is regal and dignified. As the phoenix beats her slender wings, eddies of snow are born that drive the temperature to plummet dramatically.
  • edited November 2014
    So... my eaf'Eramich matured, and it is awful. Your beasts are definitely better than my beast

Appearance: a pig-eared eaf'Eramich

When looked at: A twisted mockery of science and nature, this pig-eared eaf'Eramich casts his baleful gaze about, the occasional grimace of pain spasming across his boar-like face. Sickeningly grey and mottled in the few spots where it has been rubbed raw, this eaf'Eramich's loose skin is largely covered in blood-smeared fur. Creating dark red welts where it breaks through his skin, bloody wing-like stumps jut out, sprouting from some internal location. While largely concentrated in the form of a halo above his head, a faint aura of visible sadness also weaves and twists its way about the eaf'Eramich's body. He is called 'Cuddles.'

In the room: a pig-eared eaf'Eramich stands here, an aura of visible sadness twisting about it.

Entering: A bit of a stench preceding it, a pig-eared eaf'Eramich clomps in from the west.

Leaving: A pig-eared eaf'Eramich clomps off to the west, its sadness aura trailing behind it.

Well... at least it's unique? I guess?
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Kurut said:
    So... my eaf'Eramich matured, and it is awful. Your beasts are definitely better than my beast

Appearance: a pig-eared eaf'Eramich

When looked at: A twisted mockery of science and nature, this pig-eared eaf'Eramich casts his baleful gaze about, the occasional grimace of pain spasming across his boar-like face. Sickeningly grey and mottled in the few spots where it has been rubbed raw, this eaf'Eramich's loose skin is largely covered in blood-smeared fur. Creating dark red welts where it breaks through his skin, bloody wing-like stumps jut out, sprouting from some internal location. While largely concentrated in the form of a halo above his head, a faint aura of visible sadness also weaves and twists its way about the eaf'Eramich's body. He is called 'Cuddles.'

In the room: a pig-eared eaf'Eramich stands here, an aura of visible sadness twisting about it.

Entering: A bit of a stench preceding it, a pig-eared eaf'Eramich clomps in from the west.

Leaving: A pig-eared eaf'Eramich clomps off to the west, its sadness aura trailing behind it.

Well... at least it's unique? I guess?
    It looks so depressing. :( It needs a rain cloud.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    and a detachable tail

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Thanks for noticing.
  • A twisted mockery of science and nature, this tusked eaf'Eramich casts his baleful gaze about, the occasional grimace of pain spasming across his boar-like face. Sickeningly grey and mottled in the few spots where it has been rubbed raw, this eaf'Eramich's loose skin is largely covered with small bristly hairs. Creating dark red welts where it breaks through his skin, rotten wing-like stumps jut out, sprouting from some internal location. While largely concentrated in the form of a halo above his head, a faint aura of visible understanding also weaves and twists its way about the eaf'Eramich's body. He is called 'Faeanatar.'

A bit of stench preceding it, a tusked eaf'Eramich clomps in from the north.
    A tusked eaf'Eramich clomps off to the north, its understanding aura trailing behind it.

this is it
    this is what fruitfeed gets you