My beast may or may not be better than your beast!

Comments

• My chimaera is mighty bright and shiny. 

Her purple feathered tail curling between four fearsome legs, a golden chimaera with sparkling wings of translucent white feathers crouches quietly within her surroundings.

Fearsome and great in size, this golden chimaera is the embodiment of all gone wrong in creation. Appearing as a mishmash of animal parts, the chimaera prowls on four massive legs, the front of which resemble a lion's mighty paws covered in blue wyvern scales and mighty talons, and the hind legs those of the lithe goat. A thick, muscular body makes up the mighty bulk of the chimaera's frame, broad and covered in shimmering blue scales at the torso and narrower and lithe at the haunches. She possesses sparkling wings of translucent white feathers, while a purple feathered tail snakes from the beast's rear, serpentine in its movement and tipped with a long, stinging barb. The snarling head of a lion, thick with a flowing mane of ebon fur, crowns the beast's front at the shoulders. The eyes are white gold and a twin pair of oversized black horns curl back from the beast's head and twist into deadly points.
  • Needs more pink
  • Chirbo said:
    Needs more pink
    That would be fantastic, but the purple's good enough for me.
  • Needs more slutty goat too

• A wyvern stands proudly, his sharp, angular features belaying a basic nobility. His green 
    eyes focus powerfully on whatever he chooses, his head swiveling sharply, snapping his 
    focused attention from object or creature to another. His forked tongue licks out over his
    sharp, fanged teeth now and then, both threatening and not. His neck changes smoothly from
    dark brown hair to the reddish-brown scales that cover his torso and legs, His two legs 
    support him, long dragon-like claws digging into the ground. Wide, broad wings stretch out
    from each side, and a long, scorpion-like tail extends from his body. Strapped carefully 
    to his back, behind the wings, is a simple saddle-type implement.

He may also be exceptionally old... 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited December 2015
    A mighty manticore with a sleek, oiled mane of black fur rests bright carnelian wings here, oddly possessing a slithery, serpentine tail.

An impressive specimen of a manticore queen, this mighty, lionesque creature towers over her
    surroundings with unfurled bright carnelian wings, grinning to reveal three gruesome rows of razor-
    sharp, crystalline teeth. She tosses a sleek, oiled mane of black fur with a disdainful snort, its
    colour gleaming against the fur that covers the entirety of her muscular physique. Her bloodshot
    eyes gleam with a predator's killer instinct, wildly darting from one place to the next. She somehow
    possesses, against all reason, a slithery, serpentine tail.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A rose quartz thunderbird trots in with head high, butting you gently with her head.

The thunderbird is as large as a giant eagle, with head feathers that spread around her neck like a
    mane and tail feathers that flare out behind her. Her leathery wings are twice as long as the length
    of her body tip-to-tip and surrounded by crackling lightning. With each beat of her wings, the sound
    of a small thunderclap echoes around her. She preens and cleans her rose quartz feathers with a long
    curved beak, golden eyes glowing with a noble intellect. She is called 'Cirra.'

What can I do, for, you?
  • One thing I love about being a mancer is free pets. My phoenix just grew up.

A fiery purple phoenix perches here, her fiery plumage illuminating the area with golden sparks.

Shifting and flickering, the air surrounding the phoenix is infused with an intense heat, surrounding her like an aura barely visible to sight yet appearing all the more tangible. Her plumage is composed of multicoloured feathers, starting with charcoal grey at the shaft and flaring out to fiery purple at the tips. A faint dusting of gold covers each wing, causing them to shine and glimmer. Her eyes are round and small, but blazing with crimson flames, as if burning from within while her beak is long and narrow and a deep coal-black in colour. Burning golden sparks dance across the phoenix's plumage every so often, making her a magnificent creature of light, heat and vivid colour.

I think she turned out pretty well, considering I didn't use any fancy toys and just stuffed her with egg and oats at every turn.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited March 2016
    Drifting in and out of transparency, a brilliant cloud-spotted lamassu observes her environment with quiet amusement.

Regal with a barely restrained air of superiority, this chimeric creature of light and energy takes the form of a lamassu, an imposingly large winged feline. Her sleek fur is a blaze of white broken by the fine black and silver pattern of a cloud leopard. In addition to this striking coat the lamassu bears a radiant pair of enormous white wings, the tips edged in silvery gray. This monochromatic coloration is broken by her eyes, azure orbs which swirl with an inner light. Her form drifts in and out of translucence, revealing a network of faintly tinted chakra nodes interconnected by streams of spiritual energy. The points of this web describe a constellation as one might expect in an astrologer's treatise, surrounded by a field of disconnected motes which shimmer in and out of perception in a hypnotic dance, to be obscured as she returns to opacity. Her voice is a thrumming purr, as languorous as the aromatic oils she favors.

Minor snafu in getting the beast ordered, resulted in a 1 month wait.  But I'm pleased with the purchase.

I may have to put together a cheshire cat disembodied grin oact for her.

• Oooh that's pretty. 
  • Also, I just realised that she looks a bit like Chirpy. Clearly a sign that I should return to London...
  • Spreading his white-feathered wings, a giant noble eagle searches the ground with eyes of periwinkle blue.

Many times larger than the average eagle, this enormous specimen of a giant noble eagle is fully capable of hunting down and carrying off the largest Ackleberry cow. His eyes of periwinkle blue search the ground with a piercing gaze that misses nothing. Spreading his white-feathered wings, the giant eagle gives off an aura of majesty from his very bearing, which speaks of travels throughout all of Lusternia and beyond. He is called 'Ktikri.' AND CEN ADORES HIM. <3
  • Cen said:
    Spreading his white-feathered wings, a giant noble eagle searches the ground with eyes of periwinkle blue.

Many times larger than the average eagle, this enormous specimen of a giant noble eagle is fully capable of hunting down and carrying off the largest Ackleberry cow. His eyes of periwinkle blue search the ground with a piercing gaze that misses nothing. Spreading his white-feathered wings, the giant eagle gives off an aura of majesty from his very bearing, which speaks of travels throughout all of Lusternia and beyond. He is called 'Ktikri.' AND CEN ADORES HIM. <3
    @Cen...

Many times larger than the average eagle, this enormous specimen of a giant brutish eagle is fully capable of hunting down and carrying off the largest Ackleberry cow. His eyes of smoky grey search the ground with a piercing gaze that misses nothing. Spreading his massive wings of black feathers, the giant eagle gives off an aura of majesty from his very bearing, which speaks of travels throughout all of Lusternia and beyond.

Our birds are related.
  • If only yours were a girl we could marry them off and make all-grey baby eagles that nobody wants except us so we train them up as a giant eagle attack squad of immense power that we only ever end up using to impress newbies who would be impressed by literally anything because we're too scared of starting any actual trouble.

Too much caffeine today. *sips more*
  • edited May 2016
    Admittedly, I purchased this beast. But I love her. She is awesome! She is perfect for Syl!

With wicked black eyes, a bloodthirsty wyvern with white skeletal wings prowls around here.

Similar to a large winged lizard, the wyvern has a powerful set of clawed hind legs and two smaller front legs. Her white skeletal wings span wider than she is long, and muscles ripple up and down her body. This wyvern is bloodthirsty and has a long powerful tail. Upon a sinuously long neck, rests the wyvern's serpentine head, with powerful jaws filled with sharp teeth. Her surprisingly expressive eyes are wicked black. She curls her lips, revealing razor sharp fangs. She is called 'Noire.'
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Its so ugly, I love it.
  • So, originally, I wanted to get rid of the leathery wings because I wanted them to be more feathery. But now that this has happened, I'm gonna love my birdie even more (even though she still has leathery wings...). Thank you, zimoru!

The thunderbird is as large as a giant eagle, with head feathers that spread around her neck like a mane and tail feathers that flare out behind her. Her long, leathery wings are twice as long as the length of her body tip-to-tip and surrounded by white lightning. With each beat of her wings, the sound of a small thunderclap echoes around her. She preens and cleans her golden rose feathers with a long curved beak, golden eyes glowing with a noble intellect.
    She is called 'Speir.'

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    This long-haired maned lion is a stalking creature with a sleek, golden pelt and downy wings of
    silken feathiss. Deep orange eyes stare out from the dark triangles set within its long, flat face.
    Strutting nobly, the lion stands proudly, even with the thick leather reins securely fastened to its
    head. A regal saddle decorated with jungle motifs has been fitted securely between the lion's strong
    shoulders and backside.
    A long-haired maned lion with downy wings of silken feathiss looks to be crushingly strong.

Before it grew wings it had a metalic tail.

I'm holding off on the zimoru till the two minor typos could be addressed, I want to see more of this lion :-)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • a orange furred lioness with silken wings of rainbow feathiss

Sleek and deadly, this orange furred lioness is a wary example of her species, glossy pelt and silken wings of rainbow feathiss setting her apart from other large felines - a queen among the rabble. Vivid yellow eyes, triangular and deeply set, stalk her surroundings, unwavering in the intensity with which she takes every detail about her in. Skipping jauntily, she looks effortlessly regal, even with the thick leather reins fastened to her angular head. An intricate leather saddle worked in jungle motifs fits securely behind her lean shoulders, resting flat against the long line of her spine. Flicking now and again, the tail that curls behind her is tufted, these fine hairs fluffed and tapered to a point.

Rainbow achieved! I may keep this one. (Fruit and oat feed, roughly 50/50. No zimorus).

I'm also impressed with a lioness that can look effortlessly regal while skipping jauntily. That's style.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Anybody got a chemset and a zimoru syringe?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    This feathiss typo was really confusing me until I realized it must have been a wordfilter changing "her" to "his" that was not caught when traits were being copied from one place to another. Similar to when the wiki was temporarily riddled with butts during a hilarious cloud-to-butt copying incident (courtesy of @Enyalida, if I remember correctly?) :P