My beast may or may not be better than your beast!

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    This golden maned lion is a laid-back creature with a sleek, golden pelt and a golden radiant tail.
    Deep orange eyes stare out from the dark triangles set within its long, flat face. Wagging his tail
    with puppyish abandon, the lion stands proudly, even with the thick leather reins securely fastened
    to its head. A regal saddle decorated with jungle motifs has been fitted securely between the lion's
    strong shoulders and backside.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Looks like a golden pelt is standard for male lions. I don't want one anymore. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My lion is the goldest thing to ever gold.
  • Sleek and deadly, this moss-covered furred lioness is a dim-witted example of her species, glossy pelt and a golden radiant tail setting her apart from other large felines - a queen among the rabble. Vivid yellow eyes, triangular and deeply set, stalk her surroundings, unwavering in the intensity with which she takes every detail about her in. Pacing to and fro, she looks effortlessly regal, even with the thick leather reins fastened to her angular head. An intricate leather saddle worked in jungle motifs fits securely behind her lean shoulders, resting flat against the long line of her spine. Flicking now and again, the tail that curls behind her is tufted, these fine hairs fluffed and tapered to a point. She is called 'Raiona.'
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm slightly disappointed that the saddles aren't different.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    My phoenix grew!

A flaxen dream phoenix with barbed tentacles knotted into wings

Trailing broken fragments of refractive glass, the evanescent form of a graceful dream phoenix lingers here, barbed tentacles knotted into wings cascading behind her.

Countless minuscule motes from the dream realm have coalesced across the form of this graceful dream phoenix, who moves with the instinctive grace of the supernatural. Her plumage trails off in delicate wisps of light that wink out into the ether as they shatter into naught but flaxen echoes. Of noble and proud bearing, she holds her head high and displays her barbed tentacles knotted into wings at every opportunity. Where one would expect the tail of a common phoenix to be, this creature's body simply trails off in broken fragments of refractive glass, linking her physical body with her native land of the dream realm. She is called 'Tentaclesss.'

A flaxen dream phoenix with barbed tentacles knotted into wings is a humble-looking creature.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I am eagerly awaiting all the others. It's like the people don't know we are dying to know how they all matured... :D
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    One of the least Hallifaxian Hallifaxians got one of the most Hallifaxian mounts on the first try.

Crouched and ready to pounce, a crystaline, irritable lioness with a crystaline rainbow tail waits here.

Sleek and deadly, this crystaline furred lioness is a irritable example of her species, glossy pelt and a crystaline rainbow tail setting her apart from other large felines - a queen among the rabble. Vivid yellow eyes, triangular and deeply set, stalk her surroundings, unwavering in the intensity with which she takes every detail about her in. Playing with some food, she looks effortlessly regal, even with the thick leather reins fastened to her angular head. An intricate leather saddle worked in jungle motifs fits securely behind her lean shoulders, resting flat against the long line of her spine. Flicking now and again, the tail that curls behind her is tufted, these fine hairs fluffed and tapered to a point.

A crystaline furred lioness with a crystaline rainbow tail looks to be crushingly strong.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm a little disappointed that the description of the tails is the same for each one - like Tremula's says it has a crystalline rainbow tail but the examined says it's a boring tufted tail without colour. Is that just a bug or something?

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lavinya said:
    I'm a little disappointed that the description of the tails is the same for each one - like Tremula's says it has a crystalline rainbow tail but the examined says it's a boring tufted tail without colour. Is that just a bug or something?
    My money says yes, it's a bug. Should totes BUG it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I'm still waiting for mine to mature! But I will certainly do so should mine also have the issue!

• A prismatic dream phoenix with wings made of lissome shadows

Trailing fluttering motes of dreams, the evanescent form of a nimble dream phoenix lingers here, wings made of lissome shadows cascading behind him.

Countless minuscule motes from the dream realm have coalesced across the form of this nimble dream phoenix, who moves with the instinctive grace of the supernatural. His plumage trails off in delicate wisps of light that wink out into the ether as they shatter into naught but prismatic echoes. Of noble and proud bearing, he holds his head high and displays his wings made of lissome shadows at every opportunity. Where one would expect the tail of a common phoenix to be, this creature's body simply trails off in fluttering motes of dreams, linking his physical body with his native land of the dream realm.

----

The prismatic part is perfect, given that the BUTTERFLY emote is kinda my favorite thing (seriously, it was what first got me interested in Illuminati). The shadows are...more ominous, especially with the fortune-teller's prediction! I think I'll leave it for now as an omen. (yes, I know it's all RNG, but it's fun to find meaning :P)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    You administer a dose of zimoru reagent to your a stygian dream phoenix with wings made of lissome
    shadows. A golden glow surrounds her which shimmers and you watch in amazement as she transforms
    into a stygian dream phoenix with wings made of lissome shadows.

No.

4 zimoru later.

Countless minuscule motes from the dream realm have coalesced across the form of this nimble dream
    phoenix, who moves with the instinctive grace of the supernatural. Her plumage trails off in
    delicate wisps of light that wink out into the ether as they shatter into naught but turquoise
    echoes. Of noble and proud bearing, she holds her head high and displays her gossamer wings of
    ethereal light at every opportunity. Where one would expect the tail of a common phoenix to be, this
    creature's body simply trails off in swirling eddies of flower petals, linking her physical body
    with her native land of the dream realm.
    A turquoise dream phoenix with gossamer wings of ethereal light is not one to be trifled with.

A black furred lioness with tiny, miniscule, wings
    Sleek and deadly, this black furred lioness is a watchful example of her species, glossy pelt and tiny, miniscule, wings setting her apart from other large felines - a queen among the rabble. Vivid yellow eyes, triangular and deeply set, stalk her surroundings, unwavering in the intensity with which she takes every detail about her in. Strutting nobly, she looks effortlessly regal, even with the thick leather reins fastened to her angular head. An intricate leather saddle worked in jungle motifs fits securely behind her lean shoulders, resting flat against the long line of her spine. Flicking now and again, the tail that curls behind her is tufted, these fine hairs fluffed and tapered to a point.
    A black furred lioness with tiny, miniscule, wings

(I like that she is unique and black but the spelling error makes me twitch. Also a bit sad that she has no mention of her tail beyond the standard or what her wings even look like. The lions really seem to lack the detail all the other beasts have. I expected more from Wayfaire beasts especially.)

After a few zimoru attempts:

A menacing furred lioness with broad, claw-capped wings of raven's feathiss
    Sleek and deadly, this menacing furred lioness is a spirited example of her species, glossy pelt and broad, claw-capped wings of raven's feathiss setting her apart from other large felines - a queen among the rabble. Vivid yellow eyes, triangular and deeply set, stalk her surroundings, unwavering in the intensity with which she takes every detail about her in. Strutting nobly, she looks effortlessly regal, even with the thick leather reins fastened to her angular head. An intricate leather saddle worked in jungle motifs fits securely behind her lean shoulders, resting flat against the long line of her spine. Flicking now and again, the tail that curls behind her is tufted, these fine hairs fluffed and tapered to a point.
    A menacing furred lioness with broad, claw-capped wings of raven's feathiss

Typos/errors are bad and can't tell what colour her fur is. Just menacing, apparently!

A long-haired furred lioness with silken wings of rainbow feathiss
    Sleek and deadly, this long-haired furred lioness is a laid-back example of her species, glossy pelt and silken wings of rainbow feathiss setting her apart from other large felines - a queen among the rabble. Vivid yellow eyes, triangular and deeply set, stalk her surroundings, unwavering in the intensity with which she takes every detail about her in. Grinding her teeth togethis, she looks effortlessly regal, even with the thick leather reins fastened to her angular head. An intricate leather saddle worked in jungle motifs fits securely behind her lean shoulders, resting flat against the long line of her spine. Flicking now and again, the tail that curls behind her is tufted, these fine hairs fluffed and tapered to a point.

Rainbow wings at least! Now to bug the heck outta this. (what colour is that long-haired fur???)

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Someone may have got lazy with the genders (his|her)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Someone may have got lazy with the genders (his|her)
    Have you ever written mobs? Those tags are tricky to get right 100% of the time!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    See, I can see that it's a Find/Replace of her to his, but what's not jiving is that the female lions have this problem too. That suggests that the winged lions (at least) were originally done as females, then Find/Replaced into males, and then the male descs were used for both genders. While a lot of the pronouns remained the gender neutral it/its/it's in the males, for some reason.
  • edited November 2016
    It's probably because the pronouns were originally made dynamic but maybe some were missed? 

$name$ tilts $his$ head back and lets out a guttural cry. At $his$ calling, an army of spirits materializes - souls of $his$ soldiers ripped from their graves - and begin to swarm about $lname$, ripping and tearing at $lhis$ body with ethereal, phantom strikes. 

That's a single mob attack, with flexible gender and targets. It's messy and makes it hard to read the description itself, so I can totally understand if a few tags were missed, especially if they were added later (And maybe oedit stuff is done differently in Lusternia; I'm assuming it's fairly standard across IRE).
  • This golden maned lion is a spirited creature with a sleek, golden pelt and a
    swishing fiery tipped tail. Deep orange eyes stare out from the dark triangles
    set within its long, flat face. Strutting nobly, the lion stands proudly, even
    with the thick leather reins securely fastened to its head. A regal saddle
    decorated with jungle motifs has been fitted securely between the lion's strong
    shoulders and backside.
    A golden maned lion with a swishing fiery tipped tail looks to be crushingly
    strong.

Solgaleo?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited November 2016
    Orventa said:
    This golden maned lion is a spirited creature with a sleek, golden pelt and a
    swishing fiery tipped tail. Deep orange eyes stare out from the dark triangles
    set within its long, flat face. Strutting nobly, the lion stands proudly, even
    with the thick leather reins securely fastened to its head. A regal saddle
    decorated with jungle motifs has been fitted securely between the lion's strong
    shoulders and backside.
    A golden maned lion with a swishing fiery tipped tail looks to be crushingly
    strong.

Solgaleo?

Cammy?

• edited November 2016
    Not sure if I want to zimo... It's very Hallifaxian otherwise, though!

With yellow-feathered wings unfurled, a mist grey gryphon is here, exuding an aura of tranquil harmony.

This legendary, queenly creature is a beast bred to possess both the upper build of an eagle and the lower build of a lion, bearing a lithesome body covered in short, mist grey fur as she stretches on her powerful hind-legs. In contrast, her avian head is feathered, two long and elegant plumes tipping her ears as they attend to every sound, her bright eyes shining a startling aquamarine. Soft, downy feathers of purest white form a regal crest, not unsimilar to the effect of a lion's mane. Enormous, yellow-feathered wings protrude from her back, unfurling with grand purpose to double her already impressive span of length. Her white-furred tail whipping about restlessly behind her, she clenches and unclenches her front talons, exuding an aura of tranquil harmony.

Edit: I get the feeling my gryphon was a cockatiel in another life. XD.

You administer a dose of zimoru reagent to your a mist grey gryphon with frosted
    wings of snow-white feathers. A golden glow surrounds her which shimmers and you
    watch in amazement as she transforms into a pearl white gryphon with
    yellow-feathered wings.

With yellow-feathered wingsunfurled, a pearl white gryphon is here, stars winking in and out around her form.

This legendary, queenly creature is a beast bred to possess both the upper build
    of an eagle and the lower build of a lion, bearing a lithesome body covered in
    short, pearl white fur as she stretches on her powerful hind-legs. In contrast,
    her avian head is feathered, two long and elegant plumes tipping her ears as
    they attend to every sound, her bright eyes shining a cool indigo. Soft, downy
    feathers of purest white form a regal crest, not unsimilar to the effect of a
    lion's mane. Enormous, yellow-feathered wings protrude from her back, unfurling
    with grand purpose to double her already impressive span of length. Her
    white-furred tail whipping about restlessly behind her, she clenches and
    unclenches her front talons, stars winking in and out around her form.

A pearl white gryphon with yellow-feathered wings looks to be crushingly strong.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • edited December 2016

Chimaeras, though, I am not having much luck with. Grey, grey, brown, grey! Has anybody ever produced a colourful chimaera?

Her rainbow feathered tail curling between four fearsome legs, a beautiful chimaera with a smooth, feathery pelt crouches quietly within her surroundings.

Fearsome and great in size, this beautiful chimaera is the embodiment of all
    gone wrong in creation. Appearing as a mishmash of animal parts, the chimaera
    prowls on four massive legs, the front of which resemble a lion's mighty paws
    covered in blue wyvern scales and mighty talons, and the hind legs those of the
    lithe goat. A thick, muscular body makes up the mighty bulk of the chimaera's
    frame, broad and covered in shimmering blue scales at the torso and narrower and
    lithe at the haunches. She possesses a smooth, feathery pelt, while a rainbow
    feathered tail snakes from the beast's rear, serpentine in its movement and
    tipped with a long, stinging barb. The snarling head of a lion, thick with a
    flowing mane of ebon fur, crowns the beast's front at the shoulders. The eyes
    are gold and a twin pair of oversized black horns curl back from the beast's
    head and twist into deadly points. She is called 'Kes.'
    A beautiful chimaera with a smooth, feathery pelt looks to be crushingly strong.

Try a vegetarian/grain diet. Also, I think there's a certain threshold in terms of how much per feed you have to cross in general (over 100-140?. If you want a drastic change, keep them on a diet of x, then change to the other end of the spectrum for a while, then zimoru at will.

• How does appearance work? I thought diet was a factor from this thread but I bought a bunch of mounts from the wayfaire (<3 @gero) and they all matured in the stables into pretty things without me feeding them at all. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Some descriptors seem locked by whatever you feed them. There are default ones for having no feed, and others that are unlocked only by, say, meatfeed or vegfeed, or whatever. The feeds affect different things, but we're not always sure which feeds will correlate to which descriptors. Some appear more often than others.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Each beast has a set of variables that get used to fill in its description and make it complete.  Different types of feed increase / decrease the chances of receiving specific variable options, so you can up your likelihood of getting what you want if you know the correct type of feed and use that.