I would buy that artifact IF….. Artifact review.

24

Comments

  • EstarraEstarra Administrator, Moderator Posts: 831 Creator
    Steingrim said:

    A miniature balloon (700 dingbats).

     

    I would buy that artifact IF:

        It could be test driven. No one is admitting to having this thing and I can’t pay that much for something without a test drive. Also if at this point no one has brought it (IF) then maybe the price is set too high.


    FYI, there's an unwritten policy that if you purchase an artifact and it's not what you thought it would be, you can request a full refund. (The balloons are cool btw!)
    image
    image
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 5,819 Transcendent
    My problem with the balloon is that I already paid 600dbs for two of the locations it goes to, and already have access to the third. If I could:
    1) Trade in my Dio and Icewynd bixes, at full value, and
    2) Know where the balloon goes in Dio and Icewynd,

    I would be more interested in it. Otherwise, it is rebuying things I already bought which is a bit meh.
    image
  • SteingrimSteingrim Member Posts: 830 Fabled
    Estarra said:
    Steingrim said:

    A miniature balloon (700 dingbats).

     

    I would buy that artifact IF:

        It could be test driven. No one is admitting to having this thing and I can’t pay that much for something without a test drive. Also if at this point no one has brought it (IF) then maybe the price is set too high.


    FYI, there's an unwritten policy that if you purchase an artifact and it's not what you thought it would be, you can request a full refund. (The balloons are cool btw!)
    Thank you didn't know that. I'll have to read the unwritten policies much closer in the future. Starts saving.
    You tell Wyrden Ravager Tarken, "Come to Gaudiguch. I'll give you the title of Grand Moth."
    Eyes peering skywards as he thinks, Ironbeard the Magnanimous says to Sksez, "Welll, on my gooD lis *hic* t, we have....Stei *hic* ng *hic* rim.U..Xypherv....Luu *hic* hghaigh *hic* hhe....Breandryn....."
  • SteingrimSteingrim Member Posts: 830 Fabled
    Xenthos said:
    My problem with the balloon is that I already paid 600dbs for two of the locations it goes to, and already have access to the third. If I could: 1) Trade in my Dio and Icewynd bixes, at full value, and 2) Know where the balloon goes in Dio and Icewynd, I would be more interested in it. Otherwise, it is rebuying things I already bought which is a bit meh.
    one of the reasons I wanted to test drive is that it sounds considerably more effort than a bix. I probably won't be able to pick up up soon (saving for other artifacts) but if I get one before you, you'd be welcome to play with it.
    You tell Wyrden Ravager Tarken, "Come to Gaudiguch. I'll give you the title of Grand Moth."
    Eyes peering skywards as he thinks, Ironbeard the Magnanimous says to Sksez, "Welll, on my gooD lis *hic* t, we have....Stei *hic* ng *hic* rim.U..Xypherv....Luu *hic* hghaigh *hic* hhe....Breandryn....."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals Member Posts: 2,194 Transcendent
    Kagato said:
    Keeping it at level 40 would be a tad overpowered IMHO, considering how much of a boost in esteem-to-essence it gives - that being said, returning it to level 1 is also a tad excessive as well. x_x
    I'm going to have to disagree.

    With the proper set up, and with luck finding a tinker, I can grind out a new level 40 figurine in about a day. I might hate myself for a while afterwards, but it's doable.

    Doing this might cost around 150,000 gold at most, depending on your luck and issues with materials. Let's say that's about 8 credits.

    If the rune allowed the figurine to maintain level 40 each time you offered it, you'd need to offer it 50+ times to get it to compensate for the cost you put into it.

    I accumulate/buy esteem pretty regularly, and offer level 40 figurines more often than most people, I think. I average about one every 3 RL months, if that.

    That is a loooooong time in order for it to pay for itself. Granted, if it stayed level 40 permanently, you'd probably offer with it way more often instead of saving up obscene amounts of esteem so you don't have to bother grinding out another level 40 figurine just yet.

    But the rune doesn't even do that. It just allows you to keep the figurine at level 1. 425 credits can buy you materials for an awful lot of figurines to grind with, and also represents a pretty huge chunk of time investment as well. I would never, ever buy the figurine rune unless it was changed to retain the figurine's level at all times. Absolutely not worth it.

  • SteingrimSteingrim Member Posts: 830 Fabled
    Shaddus said:
    I'd buy the fesix pack more often if it got converted to a rune for a normal pack, like the pipe runes did for pipes.
    Nifty idea. I still don't think I'd pick it up (but one of the other containers is on my 'eventual' list. But it should would make me think twice.
    You tell Wyrden Ravager Tarken, "Come to Gaudiguch. I'll give you the title of Grand Moth."
    Eyes peering skywards as he thinks, Ironbeard the Magnanimous says to Sksez, "Welll, on my gooD lis *hic* t, we have....Stei *hic* ng *hic* rim.U..Xypherv....Luu *hic* hghaigh *hic* hhe....Breandryn....."
  • SteingrimSteingrim Member Posts: 830 Fabled
    Elanorwen said:
    Steingrim said:

    Aviator Goggles (350 dingbats)

      - Detect anything flying (movement in/out of the room at flying elevation).

     

    Won these and still felt cheated so traded them in. Maybe if they you know told you who flew into a room?

    They don't? I seem to recall them showing the name of the person entering/leaving. I even had an announcing trigger set up somewhere for when people enter/leave while flying.
    Maybe I am wrong or the person I tested it against had some effect. I could say at the least it should be combined with the dive one. How often is that ever going to wind up useful?
    You tell Wyrden Ravager Tarken, "Come to Gaudiguch. I'll give you the title of Grand Moth."
    Eyes peering skywards as he thinks, Ironbeard the Magnanimous says to Sksez, "Welll, on my gooD lis *hic* t, we have....Stei *hic* ng *hic* rim.U..Xypherv....Luu *hic* hghaigh *hic* hhe....Breandryn....."
  • ArdmoreArdmore Member Posts: 509 Fabled
    edited November 2013
    Vivet said:
    Kagato said:
    Keeping it at level 40 would be a tad overpowered IMHO, considering how much of a boost in esteem-to-essence it gives - that being said, returning it to level 1 is also a tad excessive as well. x_x
    I'm going to have to disagree.

    With the proper set up, and with luck finding a tinker, I can grind out a new level 40 figurine in about a day. I might hate myself for a while afterwards, but it's doable.

    Doing this might cost around 150,000 gold at most, depending on your luck and issues with materials. Let's say that's about 8 credits.

    If the rune allowed the figurine to maintain level 40 each time you offered it, you'd need to offer it 50+ times to get it to compensate for the cost you put into it.

    I accumulate/buy esteem pretty regularly, and offer level 40 figurines more often than most people, I think. I average about one every 3 RL months, if that.

    That is a loooooong time in order for it to pay for itself. Granted, if it stayed level 40 permanently, you'd probably offer with it way more often instead of saving up obscene amounts of esteem so you don't have to bother grinding out another level 40 figurine just yet.

    But the rune doesn't even do that. It just allows you to keep the figurine at level 1. 425 credits can buy you materials for an awful lot of figurines to grind with, and also represents a pretty huge chunk of time investment as well. I would never, ever buy the figurine rune unless it was changed to retain the figurine's level at all times. Absolutely not worth it.

    Nope. Absolutely not. In the admin's need to make influencers equal to bashers, they ended up giving them every advantage. You can make more gold if you want, you can offer more if you want, you even have more xp bonuses. This would just be unfair to people who actually still hunt and try to compete. :(

    Bitter.

  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens. Member Posts: 3,731 Transcendent
    I'd knock it down 5 levels per offering, but never dropping below 20.

    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

    You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!


    image
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals Member Posts: 2,194 Transcendent
    edited November 2013
    Ardmore said:
    In the admin's need to make influencers equal to bashers, they ended up giving them every advantage. You can make more gold if you want, you can offer more if you want, you even have more xp bonuses. This would just be unfair to people who actually still hunt and try to compete. :(

    Bitter.

    Under the best conditions, I can make around 70-80K gold in an hour of influencing, but if I hunt, I've gotten as much as 230K gold under the best of conditions. Keep in mind that I am a high CHA/low CON race, with Quietmind, in a guild with one of the lowest overall bashing resistances in the game (if not the absolute lowest). My only real bashing advantage comes in my damage types (which everyone has access to now, so no whining/complaining). I'm sure there are others who can render a superior output to my own bashing.

    If I sell my esteem, then I can produce more gold, but if I am selling my esteem, then I am no longer producing offerings. This is also dependent on the market staying where it is, and competition not expanding beyond where it currently is.

    I only have a shot at offering more if I keep all of my esteem for offerings and never use it on shrines, as well as spend all the gold I make on buying esteem from other people. By my own calculations, under the best of conditions, those top ranking bashers who can generate ~1 million essence in offerings in an hour in the best of conditions will always outpace what I can produce in the long run via influencing. It just might seem different because esteem lasts until you use it, and goes up in offerings all at once, and you can get lots more esteem from other people (but if you're bashing, you can do this too, and likely have much more gold to do it with).

    Per unit time, and with the same exp boosting, my hunting still outpaces my influencing for generating personal essence about 75% of the time, and even that is highly circumstantial.

    I bash more than I influence, because it generally allows me to get more of all the things I want. And it's not because I'm better built for bashing - bashing is still superior for most purposes, period. It's just not as lazy.
  • AcruneAcrune Member Posts: 188 Adept
    edited November 2013
    I'd probably be more likely to buy artifacts if there was more information on them, and/or you got a brief trial period (only once, of course). A lot of artifacts I read over and there's too many unknowns to consider. For example, the soap is very popular, but there is no way of knowing from the help files if its really worth 250cr over cleanse enchantments. The other day, someone blew me out of the room with a fan, but reading the help files it just sounds like a gust enchantment (I'm assuming its not? I dont see why it'd sell if it was just a gust enchant). Then you have things like the endurance and willpower regen runes, that just say they give you an increase, but no indication as to how much. Influence runes don't tell you how much they help. And so on...
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens. Member Posts: 3,731 Transcendent
    Some things really are just enchants, albeit a couple claim better balance recovery. The fan I believe also blows things like contagion clouds away, but I may be mistaken.

    You take them because it's one less enchant to constantly have to upkeep. Like my yoyo, haven't needed to worry about Acquisitio in ages.

    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

    You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!


    image
  • IasmosIasmos Member Posts: 461 Virtuoso
    edited February 2014

    Post edited by Iasmos on

  • AcruneAcrune Member Posts: 188 Adept
    edited November 2013
    Its not so much the specific artifacts I listed, but just in general. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything else in the cash price range of artifacts where you're making purchases where the only information you have at your fingertips is a single sentence description of the product without even relevant quantification. To use the end/will regen example again, it seems like it'd be trivial to say they double the regen, rather than saying they increase it, leading to a dramatically more helpful description. Sure you can ask around and get details, but as Steingrim mentioned, you can't always find someone, and some things are difficult to be sure of (it seems like the influence runes would be tough to get an exact read on) and you dont want to make purchases on potentially wrong info. Plus, maybe there are artifacts that don't sound terribly interesting until you disclose certain details. 

    Along a similar train of thought, you also have situations such as what someone else mentioned above where you're not sure if an artifact would even benefit you. With the health/mana/ego regen runes, I couldn't tell you what level regens I already have, so I would never consider purchasing those.
  • SheiaSheia Member Posts: 9 Inept
    edited November 2013
    I'd buy a Fesix Bandolier, if I could put my three pipes in it too. 
    Just to be able to use them without having them in my hands would be worth it to me, I think it's a pretty small addition.
  • ShaddusShaddus His Imperial Altness Outside your window.Member Posts: 7,652 Transcendent
    Sheia said:
    I'd buy a Fesix Bandolier, if I could put my three pipes in it too. 
    Just to be able to use them without having them in my hands would be worth it to me, I think it's a pretty small addition.
    TBH, the fesix bandolier is one of the most useful artifacts there are, especially seeing as how cheap they are. You can also store gold in them, not that it matters.
    If I'm not good enough for Lusternia, then it is no longer good enough for me.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess Member Posts: 2,927 Transcendent
    Sheia said:
    I'd buy a Fesix Bandolier, if I could put my three pipes in it too. 
    Just to be able to use them without having them in my hands would be worth it to me, I think it's a pretty small addition.
    Having the ability to LIGHT an object that isn't in your hands is probably not even a mid-range addition to the bandolier, unless you intend for it to work like a free tobacconist rune on top of what it already does, which would mean that it would need its price reevaluated. Never mind that a pipe needs refilling a lot more often than a vial (especially considering the liquid rift these days) or are we also going to give it the ability to link to herbal rift and auto-refill/relight when a pipe has run out? Because wow... that sounds like an arti that pretty much every combatant will pay upwards of 300+ credits just for the pipe abilities.
    image

    Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SsalissSsaliss Member Posts: 3,575 Transcendent
    Honestly, a new artifact (or a repurposed fesix pack) that acts like a general container but allows you to interact with the items inside it as if they were in your hands would be... awesome. I'd probably buy one just to keep my curios in. The bandolier would still have a use (it does allow you to link to two additional liquids, after all), even though its use would be slightly diminished in that it would no longer be the only way to stop vials from cluttering up your inventory.
    image
  • SheiaSheia Member Posts: 9 Inept
    Shaddus said:
    TBH, the fesix bandolier is one of the most useful artifacts there are, especially seeing as how cheap they are. You can also store gold in them, not that it matters.
    Oh I agree its useful now. I just think this would be a neat addition. Or a new artifact as Ssaliss suggested or even an upgrade to the bandolier maybe.
    Elanorwen said:
    Having the ability to LIGHT an object that isn't in your hands is probably not even a mid-range addition to the bandolier, unless you intend for it to work like a free tobacconist rune on top of what it already does, which would mean that it would need its price reevaluated. Never mind that a pipe needs refilling a lot more often than a vial (especially considering the liquid rift these days) or are we also going to give it the ability to link to herbal rift and auto-refill/relight when a pipe has run out? Because wow... that sounds like an arti that pretty much every combatant will pay upwards of 300+ credits just for the pipe abilities.
    My suggestion was just to make the pipe work from your bandolier as they would in your hand. Nothing more. Your addons would be great, but I was going for something simpler. I didn't intend for it to be a combat upgrade, just something to have less inventory spam. 
  • UrukUruk Member Posts: 57 Capable
    Ssaliss said:
    Honestly, a new artifact (or a repurposed fesix pack) that acts like a general container but allows you to interact with the items inside it as if they were in your hands would be... awesome. I'd probably buy one just to keep my curios in. The bandolier would still have a use (it does allow you to link to two additional liquids, after all), even though its use would be slightly diminished in that it would no longer be the only way to stop vials from cluttering up your inventory.
    I've been wanting a 'curio bandolier' for a while now... They really start to clutter up your inventory after a while and I hate having to fumble around them to do quest stuff. (I'm looking at you, stupid vernal rod.)
  • IxchilgalIxchilgal Member Posts: 33 Apprentice
    Blah, blah, blah. Figurine runes. Level loss doesn't bother me too much, but if it loses too many battles, it goes down to one month decay. Then if it dies, it resets at one month decay. It should reset at normal decay (70 days or so, I think). Impossible to level my one figurine now because of this, because if I lose one battle, it's gone for an hour. Even if I win three or four battles with it, first.
  • ShaddusShaddus His Imperial Altness Outside your window.Member Posts: 7,652 Transcendent
    That sounds like a bug to me.

    Can't you just put a piddling amount of esteem in it and offer it to get it back to a normal amount of months when it resets?
    If I'm not good enough for Lusternia, then it is no longer good enough for me.
  • ShaddusShaddus His Imperial Altness Outside your window.Member Posts: 7,652 Transcendent
    I'd probably be willing to pay 40 credits per if they were like that.
    If I'm not good enough for Lusternia, then it is no longer good enough for me.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess Member Posts: 1,374 Transcendent
    Lavinya said:
    Golden Lips

    Make the timer like karma blessings - don't have them count down while not logged in. Paying for 24 hours of bonus when your average person can't stay to play more than maybe half of it is frustrating. I'm sure people would buy them more often (I would) if you actually got your full 24 hours of bonus out of them.
    Yeah but isn't this a standard IRE item?
    image
    I have Metathesiophobia so leave me alone!

    I am an I-thiest


  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens. Member Posts: 3,731 Transcendent
    Some IRE games give you 24, hour long, buffs instead iirc.

    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

    You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!


    image
  • LavinyaLavinya Former Queen of Snark AustraliaMember Posts: 3,354 Transcendent
    That would work too! Just some way of being able to get your full 24 hours out of the artifact instead of closer to half that (if, like me, you actually need to sleep and have a life.)



  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spotMember Posts: 4,318 Transcendent
    edited December 2013
    Morkarion said:
    Some IRE games give you 24, hour long, buffs instead iirc.
    This is a beautiful solution. Use it when you need it, none goes to waste, everyone's happy and wants to buy golden lips now.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess Member Posts: 1,374 Transcendent
    Some stuff like that though I think goes into the business model issues. In the end we've all known a game is a business and they could be cutting cost issues by doing it that way.
    image
    I have Metathesiophobia so leave me alone!

    I am an I-thiest


  • IxchilgalIxchilgal Member Posts: 33 Apprentice
    Also, for divine artifacts?  Mark of the Devoted Servant?  It wasn't worth 400 credits before godrealm mobs got nerfed to 8 hour reset periods.  It certainly isn't anymore.

    Similarly, Shadow Shroud isn't worth 500 credits.  Unless it had some feature I wasn't aware of, when I had mine, it was just nifty not having to remember to put up Yesod all the time.


Sign In or Register to comment.