Emote Ideas

edited November 2013 in Ideas
There was something missing. Missing from these forums.

An emote ideas thread!

We are looking for your ideas on new emotes for the game. The sky is the limit - or perhaps not, with all this crazy in-game weather. But you get the idea. Here is the rubric with our new emote "toosoon?" as an example.

1:  You glance around questioningly before asking, "Too soon?"
3:  $+(name$) glances around questioningly before asking, "Too soon?"
1t: You glance at $(lname$) questioningly before asking, "Too soon?"
2t: $+(name$) looks at you questioningly before asking, "Too soon?"
3t: $+(name$) looks over at $(lname$) questioningly before asking $(lhim$), "Too
soon?"
Pose: 
TPose: 

If you have any restrictions based on race, gender, or organization, be sure to mention that too!

Comments

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    feralgrin

1: You curl your lips up into a feral grin.
    2. Lips curling up at the corners, $(name$)'s mouth twists into a decidedly feral grin.
    1t: You curl your lips up, flashing a decidedly predatory grin at $(lname$).
    2t: $+(his$) lips curling up at the corners with predatory intent, $(name$) flashes you a decidedly feral grin.
    3t: $+(his$) lips curling up at the corners with predatory intent, $(name$) flashes $(lname$) a decidedly feral grin.

(Hope I got the name things right there).
  • ZSNAP

1: Oh yeah! Your point well and truly made, you snap your fingers and move your hand in a 'z'.
    3: $+(his$) head bobbing like a pigeon's, $+(name$) snaps his fingers three times while moving that arm in a 'z' pattern.

^cross posted from the Simple Ideas thread.

New. v

GROOM
    1: You begin grooming yourself absently.
    3: $+(name$) begins using $+(his$) muzzle to groom $+(himself$).
    1t: Seeing how disheveled $+(lname$) looks, you begin grooming $+(lhim).
    2t: $+(name$) sidles up next to you and starts grooming you with $+(his$) muzzle.
    3t: $+(name$) sidles up next to $+(lname$) and starts grooming $+(lhim$) with $+(his$) muzzle.
    Pose: $+(name$) is here, grooming $+(himself$).
    TPose: $+(name$) is here, grooming $+(lname$).

Limited to Aslaran, possibly Lobo and Furrikin, maybe Trill?
  • GOD YES I WANT ZSNAP
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I started out trying to do an ELFENPRIDE emote, but I think it went bland. Maybe something like this?

1:  You smirk confidently to yourself, assured of your own superiority.
    3:  $+(name$) smirks confidently, a haughty look in $(his$) eyes.
    1t: You smirk at $(lname$), confident in the knowledge that you are better than they are.
    2t: $+(name$) smirks at you, a superior look in $(his$) eyes.
    3t: $+(name$) smirks at $(lname$) with a knowing look of superiority.
    Pose:$+(name$) stands here smirking, $(his$) nose in the air. 

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Aerotan said:
    ZSNAP

1: Oh yeah! Your point well and truly made, you snap your fingers and move your hand in a 'z'.
    3: $+(his$) head bobbing like a pigeon's, $+(name$) snaps his fingers three times while moving that arm in a 'z' pattern.

^cross posted from the Simple Ideas thread.

New. v

GROOM
    1: You begin grooming yourself absently.
    3: $+(name$) begins using $+(his$) muzzle to groom $+(himself$).
    1t: Seeing how disheveled $+(lname$) looks, you begin grooming $+(lhim).
    2t: $+(name$) sidles up next to you and starts grooming you with $+(his$) muzzle.
    3t: $+(name$) sidles up next to $+(lname$) and starts grooming $+(lhim$) with $+(his$) muzzle.
    Pose: $+(name$) is here, grooming $+(himself$).
    TPose: $+(name$) is here, grooming $+(lname$).

Limited to Aslaran, possibly Lobo and Furrikin, maybe Trill?
    Trill have preen for a reason.
    BUGGED?

(Hopefully only possible for those who have the Order of Iosai honour line. If this isn't possible, make it a general emote.)

1: You glance around uncertainly, somewhat sure that your actions aren't going as intended.
    3: $+(name$) glances around uncertainly, as if looking for the cause of some personal discomfort.
    1t: Pondering $(lname$) thoughtfully, you begin to see everything that is wrong with $(him$).
    2t: $+(name$) eyes you critically, looking you up and down as if pondering your very existence.
    3t $+(name$) frowns, glancing at $(lname$) with a critical eye.

---------
    SERIOUS?

1: Exasperated with what is going on, you throw your hands up in the air and shriek out, "Seriously?"
    3: Obviously peeved at the ongoing problems around them, $(name$) flails at the air and shrieks, "Seriously?"
    1t: Flailing at $(lname$), you scream, "Are you freaking serious?" at them.
    2t: $+(name$) flails at you to no avail, screaming, "Are you freaking serious?" at you.
    3t: With an exasperated cry of, "Are you freaking serious?", $(name$) flails at $(lname$) with both hands.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I feel the second one should have a SEROUS! alternative, John McEnroe style.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• One of our wonderful slaves ephemerals has added feralgrin, elfenpride (elfen), serious?, and groom (aslaran). Keep 'em coming!

A knight of the White Falcons sidles up next to Forsaken Grumark, Warrior Chieftain and starts grooming him with its tongue.

• Zvoltz said:
    One of our wonderful slaves ephemerals has added feralgrin, elfenpride (elfen), serious?, and groom (aslaran). Keep 'em coming!
    I would -really- love it if almost all of the aslaran emotes could be made furrikin emotes too.

I also have a tail, and I also groom! Would be nice to have a hardcoded emote that I don't need balance for~ <3
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • edited November 2013
    Or if emotes didn't use balance...

Anyway, I have this one aliased to Lillie, but it seems like something everyone could make use of:
    Hesitate
    1:  You bite your lip hesitantly.
    3:  $+(name$) bites $(|his) lip hesitantly.
    1t: You glance over at $(lname$), biting your lip hesitantly.
    2t: $+(name$) gives you a worried glance, biting hesitantly upon his lip.
    3t: $+(name$) glances towards $(lname$) and hesitantly bites his lip.

Pose: Nah.

The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• As a general concept: A PERCH emote, allowing winged races (trill and faeling) to perch on items or people larger than themselves. Not sure what kind of limitations are possible to put on emotes though, so it might not be very feasible.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited November 2013
    PERCH

1: Beating your wings, you search about for a comfortable perch.
    3: With several beats of $(his$) wings, $(name$) floats about, searching for a comfortable perch.
    1t: Beating your wings, you alight carefully on $(name$)'s shoulder.
    2t: With several beats of $(his$) wings, $(name$) alights on your shoulder.
    3t: With several beats of $(his$) wings, $(name$) alights on $(lname$)'s shoulder.

Pose: $+(name$) floats about here, searching for a comfortable perch.
    TPose: $+(name$) is here, perched on $(lname$)'s shoulder.

NB: You could name this 'shoulderperch' and have a distinct version that just involves more generic perching on things. I also think this should be a general emote because it's theoretically possible that a small trill could perch on an igasho, etc.
  • Parua said:

Zvoltz said:
    One of our wonderful slaves ephemerals has added feralgrin, elfenpride (elfen), serious?, and groom (aslaran). Keep 'em coming!
    I would -really- love it if almost all of the aslaran emotes could be made furrikin emotes too.

I also have a tail, and I also groom! Would be nice to have a hardcoded emote that I don't need balance for~ <3
    It's not possible to assign emotes to multiple races. You're welcome to suggest furrikin emotes!

It's also not possible to limit emotes based on size or really any other factor.

If we do shoulder perch for smaller races, I'd like an accompanyment for larger races: Flick.

1: Curling your forefinger and thumb, you flick out at the air infront of you.
    3: Curling their forefinger and thumb $(name$) flicks out at the air infront of them.
    1t: Curling your forefinger and thumb, you flick out at the air infront of $(name$)'s face.
    2t: Curling their forefinger and thumb $(name$) flicks out at the air infront of your face.
    3t: Curling their forefinger and thumb $(name$) flicks out at the air infront of (Iname$)'s face.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Still want zsnap!
  • Zvoltz said:
    It's not possible to assign emotes to multiple races. You're welcome to suggest furrikin emotes!
    Wait, really? I thought most tailed races had access to the proper WAG. Like, it was Loboshigaru for the longest time, but Aslaran and Furrikin? also got it at some point.
  • Zvoltz said:
    Parua said:

Zvoltz said:

It's also not possible to limit emotes based on size or really any other factor.
    is it possible then to give us the same emote but with a different name? like furgroom so I can do the same emote as a furrikin as groom is for aslaran?
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited December 2013
    Isune said:
    New emotes abound, with "tailfluff" for furrikin and "perch" for faeling!
    Mm.  Does the thought of a massive 8-foot-tall Faeling wearing full plate armour while riding on an enormous leopard's back perching on your shoulder disturb you?

It does make me cringe a little.

Edit:
    Beating your wings, you alight carefully upon Morkarion's shoulder.
    Pose      : Xenthos is here, perched upon Morkarion's shoulder.

/squish!
    Oh god tailfluff...FEED THE FURRY IN ME.
    Isune said:
    New emotes abound, with "tailfluff" for furrikin and "perch" for faeling!
    Damnit, now I'm a defenceless walking Faeling roost D:

(( Flick emote please <3 ))

• Perch! Perch is the best emote.
    You know what's even better?

Perching on someone then doing tailfluff...that's how you piss someone off as a tainted furry mutant thing
    Would someone mind updating HELP RACIAL EMOTES sometime?
    Can I get a yolo emote?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I was wondering if we could have a boop emote :) I'm not a very good writer, so feel free to redo it to make it better.

boop

1t: You suddenly rush forward and press gently on $(lname$)'s nose, making a high-pitched 'BOOP' noise.
    2t: $(name$) abruptly rushes forward and pushes upon the tip of your nose while letting out a high-pitched 'BOOP'.
    3t: $(name$) suddenly runs over to $(lname$) and presses down on the tip of $(lhis$) nose, while letting out a high-pitched 'BOOP'.
  • Quick idea: Could we make untargetted "hey" more like an indignant cry?

You sputter an indignant, "Hey!"
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    EMOTIONLIST HEY indicates that there is already a HEY! emote, which appears to do what you want.