Has snub changed?

LavinyaLavinya Queen of SnarkAustralia
I'm just curious, previously if someone had me snubbed I couldn't hear them on the aethers (though you could do CTELLS and still see them). Now it seems I can hear them on CT. In fact, I didn't realise I was still snubbed until I went to direct a say to that person. Just wondering if this is a deliberate change, or if I should bug it? (If it is a change and snub means you just can't hear the person you snubbed, I'm all for it.)

Best Answers

Answers

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Snub is one-way, if memory serves.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I don't ever recall snub being two-way. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I sure do. I generally don't snub someone because they snubbed me, and I haven't been able to hear them talk on aethers all the same, or even talk in says, because they had -me- snubbed. I'm not going crazy. I'm positive...>_>

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Pretty sure snub was two way at some point, infact I'm certain of it. The point of snub was to remove that person from your verbal existence, meaning you could snub them and they'd never hear from you, and vice versa.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Snub was partially two-way.  If someone snubbed you, you could see them emote but you could not see their SAYS.  You could hear them talk on clans, too.  I'm not sure if it blocked CT- the only real thing it seemed to do was block SAY itself.

This was incredibly annoying to me so I made a thread about it; I don't understand the point of it being half-baked like that.

Note that them snubbing you means they cannot see your emotes, says, or various other things.

If it changed, then great!  Snub really should be consistent in what it does, and I personally think that it shouldn't block what the person whom you snub sees.  If they don't want to hear you, they can snub you back.
  • Much better this way, we don't need people to use snub to exclude someone they don't like. It should be a way for them not to hear from the person they dislike. But the snubbed person shouldn't become a victim. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Rialorm said:
    Much better this way, we don't need people to use snub to exclude someone they don't like. It should be a way for them not to hear from the person they dislike. But the snubbed person shouldn't become a victim. 

Usually when someone has snubbed someone it's because the snubber has been a victim of the snubbed, though of course there are exceptions, in addition, blocking the snubbed from hearing the snubber makes sure there is no accidental bypassing of snub.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, though I do see your point. I'd think perhaps a more advanced snub should be available in disputes where the admin had to step in. 

Also, how does snub accidentally get bypassed? If I snub you, and you speak anywhere, I won't see it right? And I think emoting is included too? 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Neos said:

Usually when someone has snubbed someone it's because the snubber has been a victim of the snubbed wanted to win an argument, though of course there are exceptions, in addition, blocking the snubbed from hearing the snubber makes sure there is no accidental bypassing of snub.
    Fixed it for you.
  • That is a great change!! 

Now we just need one more.  Everyone be civil and we can remove the snub mechanism entirely ;)

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Hah! Leolamins is quite the idealist and dreamer, it seems. Everyone be civil? Remove snub entirely? I lol'd.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Any chance we can get this marked as answered? x_x  It has been sitting marked as unanswered for a good month now.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I did wonder how long it'd take for someone to comment on that :D
    I will not mark it as answered to please the masses, while it still has no definitive answer!

FINE. Peer pressure.

Oh yes, I was still snubbed. I hear a request for a lichseed on CT. I go to answer it, and when I get to where the person is, I direct a say to them and I get the snubbed message. So unless they decided to arbitrarily snub me in those few seconds, yes, something was different. It definitely did block everything previously. So, yes, I guess obviously it was.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    According to HELP SNUB

"There are times when some people are just too much. For those times, we have the SNUB command. Once you have begun snubbing someone, neither of you will be able to use targetted emotes on the other, send tells to the other, send messages to each other, send mail to each other, or hear what each other is saying. In short, snub blocks all communication with that person."

Emphasis in bold, mine, so it should still work both ways.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I totally don't agree with it working both ways.