Rap Battle, Annotated

edited November 2013 in Event Scrolls
So, this happened.

I'm not entirely happy with my performance here, given that I was having an OOC conversation and this bled over to several of my references.  I cleaned up some of the spelling so it is more coherent. 

At the time of the event, Kaalak was in the aetherplex and then transitioned to his manse.  This is relevant to some of the descriptions so a description of the manse room is provided at the top.
------------------------------------------------------------

The Architect's Chapterhouse.

Two flickering gaslamps cast indigo-hued pools of light across black marble of this vaulted entryway, illuminating a series of recessed reliefs depicting luminaries of Magnagoran history. Broad, shallow stairs ascend towards a pair of wrought iron gates into the manse proper; a pentagram of blue fire flames burns above the pointed entryway. Soft violin music eddies through the air, shifting from minor refrains into sorrowful dirge. Thin grates of filigreed platinum line stairs and floor, disgorging clouds of smoke scented with resin and cinnamon. An iron statue of a wyvern crouches here, bookshelves stretching between its half-furled wings. There are 2 leather chairs here. A short steel chair rests upon a thick, helical stand. A beautifully carved chess board is attached firmly to a heavy stand here.

Individual tells you, "I happen to like it here thankest thou verr much."

You tell Individual "I'm not saying YOU have any control over it."

Individual tells you, "... I'm just desperate for stuff to happen because it gets dull."

You tell Individual "Well you'd find that in any org now. Acting as a part time culture minister isn't a bad thing."

You tell Individual "Perhaps arrange a dance off?"

You tell Individual "Or... I'd had the vague idea some time ago about a organization wide rap battle competition. To be frank I'm less successful with mad rhymes but surely there are some prodigies out there."

Individual tells you, "Gaudiguch does those on occasion, it baffles me."

You tell Individual "? any good?"

You tell Individual "Then my dear, you are REALLY white if they baffle you :/."

Individual tells you, "Aaaalso. You, me. Rap off. Bring it on."

You tell Individual, "I'm not that good at all. Thats why I never got anything off the ground. You have to present a decent challenge to spark something."

Individual tells you, "I can always remark about your mother. Will that work?"

Individual tells you, "That.. That's how most of them start, right?"

You tell Individual "Snaps are different that flowing."

You tell Individual "Jesus christ you are serious."

Individual tells you, "Come on!"

You tell Individual "Alright. I'll try. But give me a second.

An incomprehensible, alien set of thoughts unfolds alongside your own, distracting your own words and concepts with odd angles and perceptions. Slowly, the world begins to twist around you as the sense of another Presence inside of your skull becomes apparent to you.

== I didn't notice something was amiss, until... ==

A sharp, hissing laugh echoes from the black marble, repeating itself endlessly between skeins of violin music like
a particularly cunning serpent's hiss.

The gaslamps dim in response, sending bizarrely-shaped shadows dancing in the depths of the hallways of the
Chapterhouse.

You cast a suspicious eye about your surroundings.

Eyebrow imperiously raised, you say, "What."

(Voice) "What. What What. Whaaaaat..."

You tell Individual, "AS I was trying to write something with more rhymes than dimes...It appears I'm being invaded by ghosts or something."

Shuffling scrolls, you say, "Well since you are here, Echo...I'm looking for a good rhyme with 'Institute'"

Peering at another scrap, you say, "And ...icosahedral. Bother."

Individual tells you, "Your rhymes are just sick weak, son. P'shaw."

Individual tells you, "... or something."

You tell Individual "True that. ALso I need more -ly words."

(Voice)"Restitute."

You ponder the situation.

You say, "Not bad."

Individual tells you, "No but seriously, we need to have a rap-off and we need to do it in the Lord-and-Lady's Fulcrux."

Individual tells you, "Because I'm fairly certain such things would greatly amuse Them."

(Voice) "Restitute your Institute. Forget the forgotten. Be the begotten."

You tell Individual "Holy sh*t slow down. I'm really not good at this. I"m also getting schooled by a disembodied voice."

You cast a suspicious eye about your surroundings.

The bitterness in the lingering smell deepens, and the shadows themselves, the very hue of the lamps, become sounds, silken strands of light that warp against the polished marble.

Kaalak annoyedly mutters several rhymes.

==Tried to get out of this by helping a novice==

(Voice) "You are not terribly good at this, creature."

You say, "I'm not really."

(Voice) "Perhaps you should expand your perceptions, foolish being. They are too confined within what you would limit yourself unto. Find yourself destitute, seek a prostitute, abandon spires before your skill retires."

You say, "Restitute my Institute? Say my goodbys to fair skys? Inconceviable, Unbelieveble, and if you wait a second Unbeatable."

(Voice) "Invite your own rhyme, you're caught in time. Rhyme skies with flies, sing for the unsung, bring the unbrung. Find the top rung."

You say, "Tell me more as I slam you on the floor with the Erratic, Prismatic style of B. to the A. to the T. of the Ime, wicked rhyme of Temporal Sublime."

(Voice) "A cancer for the lancer, a cell for the cellist, a coin for the realist. No perception but inception and the perfect rhyme convention."

Indigo shapes dance from ebon marble as the gaslamps flare vehemently into miniature stars that echo in endless, shifting patterns over shining stone.

The chill in the air deepens to a painful extent;the smoke grows noxious and choking.

You say, "Whimper from the heavens with your weak mouse squeak, I'm bringing it from a 12th dimensionalist freak. All I hear is A B A, rhyme of perfection? I laugh cause you have no direction, no discretion, no discrete-tion, no form, I prefer the Beauty of my Lady and the break of the Morn."

== It should be '11th dimentionalist freak'. I had forgotten the number of dimensions in String Theory in my haste ==

You tell Individual, "God I need practice."

Individual tells you, "Snicker."

(Voice) "A whore, a bore, a brain caught in closing doors. Think me weak? I am Freak of Freaks, star of stars. Bar no bar, and wanderer far."

=Time passes=

(Voice) "Failure, faller, tainted traitor, failed invader. Faithless, fallen, lost and burnless."

You say, "Brain caught in closing doors? Are you paying no attention, you need an intervention some logical definition to your weak ass formless blowing like smoke, excuse me Lady as I take my toke."

You have emoted: Kaalak lights up a fatty.

Air grows less and less breathable in the chamber as the temperature drops even further.

Kaalak blows a smoke ring.

(Voice 2) A firm, yet amused feminine voice laces through the chamber, "May I inquire, good sir, as to what you are lighting? Or do you doubt My ire is potentially frightening?"

(Voice) "Smoke or broke? She'll find you, your Lady, she'll find you shady."

The gaslamps flare once more, and stars dance in their depths - in the depths of flames now gone black as the Void itself.

You say, "Intangible, untouchable you plead for the past, you better speed your rhymes as I speak too fast, whiplash to your neck or tentacle or whatever, appendage that your conjured in the nether, my Lady fills my soul with the spark of Inspiration as you are looking over your pawns screaming in desperation a Bishop, a Cardinal, upgraded to a Rook, you are falling flat and checkmated in my book."

You say, "Bring it."

You say, "My Lady, it twas a metaphor, for an intruder slamming Her brain in my door, inefficient, ineffective though the comparison of A to B might be, know that I only have devotion and respect for thee."

(Voice) "Your pawns lack manners, Aesthete."

(Voice 2) "I never took etiquette to be an interest of yours."

You say, "Twas this a rap battle comparison of rhyme or was it I who invited YOU to a pleasant Tea time?"

(Voice)"We are interested in many things, Aesthete. We have never limited ourselves as the Artists have done: artistry is in many things That Are and many things That Are Not."

(Voice 2) "Find other subjects to entertain you. My Order is not a thing to be dissected by your dispassionate eyes."

Slowly, the stars in the black-hearted flames atop the gaslamps begin to flicker out, even as the fires begin to restrain themselves once more to their clockwork-traced embrasures.

(Voice)"Ah, but he reached out to My Own, Aesthete, and he burns things I think are not approved within your Order."

Your shroud dissipates and you return to the realm of perception.

You say, "Also with this rhythm and flow you assume I know as much as you know; unknown, unexpected, direction multiplexing you mayhave just found a conversation arrested and myself perplex'ed as to the number of the audience that I am entertaining."

(Voice)"Perhaps he is not as Yours as You would think."

(Voice 2) "How kind of you to take an interest in My internal affairs."

(Voice) "My Thousand eyes behold a crack deep within his Will exploited by others."

You say, "Best to be exploted by myself then."

(Voice 2)"I know well enough My Brother shall not care for You. Perhaps a greater interest of Ours is needed."

You say, "The worst pawn is the one who follows his own orders of course."

(Voice) "You test both Our patiences, mortal."

You tell Individual "I need a mic to drop."

You say, "A pleasure to be entertaining."

You say, "Drop an invitation next time."

With a roar of scarlet fire, a tall, unmortal form rises from a reflection of the lamps in the marble, Her eyes churning with stars over a Void-black emptiness.

Mysrai's eyes gleam, stars shifting swiftly within the Void-black orbs.

You bow respectfully to Mysrai.

Mysrai, the Scarlet Goddess intones, "We need no invitation."

(Voice 2)"Surely, with all Your ever so varied interests, it must be a burden to take on My meager concerns as they are."

Mysrai smiles softly.

Mysrai, the Scarlet Goddess intones, "We are endlessly giving, Aesthete. Endlessly."

The air around the Goddess flexes slightly, Her gown stirring in some unfelt wind that chills your skin.

You say, "Well, I will say that exercise was useful for practice."

You say, "And I've never done that before."

(Voice 2) "You have been the imposing figure You wished to be, Mysrai. Speak what You will and let him be."

You say, "And I have more than two chairs so whom else is observing, feel free."

Mysrai stretches languidly.

(Voice 2) "These petty arguments with mortals do not become Gods."

Mysrai, the Scarlet Goddess intones, "Perhaps I sensed Will outside what one would expect of My Brother's City, Aesthete. But I shall pay My court another time."

Mysrai smiles softly.

Mysrai, the Scarlet Goddess intones, "Remember well how swiftly He dropped the Blossom of Serenity when convenience struck."

The Goddess fades away into a shadow, then a dream, then nothing at all.

Kaalak looks perplexed.

You say, "Well thank You Lady Isune. For Your time and attention. And if You are still around, what is te Blossom of Serenity?"

(Lady Isune's Voice) "She is a fool to think Me so weak as to rely on Him so. I know better than to find My worth in His spires alone."

Kaalak takes a broom from a corner and starts sweeping.

Kaalak looks more confused but scribbles down a note, while holding the broom in the crook of his arm.

(Lady Isune's Voice)"You know of the Bloom of Serenity, Kaalak. You have lived long enough in the Basin of Life for Her existence not to have escaped you."

You ponder the situation.

You say, "My Lady, I appreciate your Faith in my abilities."

You shuffle your feet uneasily.

==Some frantic typing later==

You say, "Er Maylea? Lady Maylea?"

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity (Elder Goddess).

A haze of iridescent colours fills your mind as a kind

curiosity passes through you, the Goddess studying you

intensely as you attempt to study Her.

You say, "AH!"

You say, "Yeah I should have known that."

Light flickers across the walls with the faintest traces of amusement.

You say, "Lady, permission to speak frankly."

(Lady Isune's Voice) "You may. As long as you do not offer an abhorrent rhyme."

You cough softly.

You say, "Yessum. I'll...work on those. To be frank I'm a little dazed as to the implication of ever thing that was going on here. I WAS trying to rhyme... which evidently takes a great portion of my brain. However I do appreciate Your aegis and Your attention."

(Lady Isune's Voice) "I told you once, Kaalak of Mine, that I care not which friends you keep. There are those, however, who believe it to be a flaw in you, a crack in your devotion to Me."

You chuckle long and heartily.

(Lady Isune's Voice)  "And there are Gods who long to exploit such weakness. The Scarlet Goddess is not above such foolishness."

You say, "How do I put this. The bigger the group, the more deterministic the prediction of their behavior may be. Very very large groups follow certain patterns. On the other side of the scale, individuals are almost impossible to predict with generalized equations because of things like nature, nurture, environment, genetics, randomness and so on. I do remember Your...specific allowances to my behavior and I appreciate that."

You say, "And I appreciate you have full knowledge of my past and STILL permitted me entrance to Your order. That I have not forgotten."

Musing, you say, "Perhaps I should take a course in brevity."

== Ok. Why I went on a Hari Seldon Psycho-Historian bender I'm not entirely sure but my point remains that previous behavior does not predict future behavior. This applies to humans as well as the stockmarket  ==

(Lady Isune's Voice) "I have no desire to predict mortal behaviours. In the end, they remain the actions of mortals. What they do unto Me results in either reward or punishment, and neither of these actions affects Me so much as them. I gamble, but I am not the one at risk."

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "That is a very amusing inversion of Pascal's wager."

Pleasant laughter chimes throughout the area, sparkling with crystalline light.

(Lady Isune's Voice) "It is enough that you amuse Me."

With a flourish of your arm, you bow deeply.

You say, "I hope that I do. I hope I amuse SOMEONE at least."

(Lady Isune's Voice) "You have suffered the company of Gods long enough, Kaalak of Mine. I ought to relinquish you from the tension that must provoke."

Abundant sunlight floods the chamber with its glassy rays, then vanishes, leaving the room somehow emptier than before.

You say, "Always a pleasure."

Kaalak goes back to sweeping, taking care to remove the annoying dust from high places.

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok, that was a whole lot of awesome.

• This was very enjoyable. I'm impressed by everyone's spontaneous rhyming.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I may note Jesus Christ doesn't exist in Lusternia, other than that however I'm exceptionally impressed at the ability to wax lyrical among all three of you.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Morkarion said:
    I may note Jesus Christ doesn't exist in Lusternia, other than that however I'm exceptionally impressed at the ability to wax lyrical among all three of you.
    Hajamin died for your sins, sir.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Shaddus said:
    Morkarion said:
    Hajamin died for your sins, sir.

:(
  • Actually, I'm pretty sure Hajamin died because Morgfyre was hungry. But, you know, either or.