Overhaul wiki.

edited December 2013 in Combat Overhaul
I've got a wiki up on my server for the overhaul. I just added a random table to it for now. I'm putting the overhaul stuff on the backburner until my system is done, so if anybody wants access to use it, just let me know.

It's up at saracen.pharanyx.com - You will need to register, but it's all secure and you can use openid if you wish.

EDIT: Registrations are disabled and world read access is enabled.

Comments

• Bumping this owing to a lack of feedback. If anybody wants to have a play around adding stuff, you need just let me know.
  • Frankly, the whole "have to register" bit is what's making me not visit.
  • Well, there is the option to login via OpenID which I added for this specific reason.

Regardless, if you have any concerns and do actually wish to help, please feel free to request a 'fake' account.
  • Actually, might I request why there is a concern in this regard, so that I may address it, please? That'd be awesome.

Thanks for the feedback and interest!
  • Personally, I just dislike registering to A) something that I'm not sure I'm going to keep using, B) something that I only want to read, not alter, and C) something that generally does not require registration at all. Yours pretty much fits all three of those...
  • And frankly, if it's free to register and you can create fake accounts, then why require people to register anyway? It won't really stop people from defiling the wiki, if that's what you're worried about...
  • Yeah, I can appreciate those concerns but I have to be honest, the main reason I enabled registration was for no other reason than to stop spam and trolls. I simply don't have the time to monitor each and every edit.
  • I'll see about setting up read only access for non-registered users later.

Thanks again.
  • Ssaliss said:
    And frankly, if it's free to register and you can create fake accounts, then why require people to register anyway? It won't really stop people from defiling the wiki, if that's what you're worried about...
    The 'fake' account I referred to would have been me manually setting up an account with a temp password.
  • Ok, I have disabled registrations for now, but I'll be keeping a close eye on things.

Either way, there's not much to see right now, anyway, hence this post :)
  • As an FYI, the link above still shoves me to a login page.
  • Ahh, yes. Apologies. This is where you need to be.

Thanks a lot.
  • I agree with Ssasliss in regards to feeling discouraged on creating (yet again) another user account for a short-term website. Thank you for uplifting that requirement. 

I did visit your wiki, but didn't see much of anything. What kinds of information are you planning to place up on the website? I would love to see logs of spars... not to mention some documentation or screen shots on armor.