The Anchoring

VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
edited November 2013 in Event Scrolls
So, pretty much as soon as this happened, I had people ready to ask for logs. As is my tendency, I forgot to start logging at the time and had to recollect from my buffer. Clan chatter and numerous inquiries as to what was going on have been cut - this is the bare bones. If it doesn't seem like I'm doing much, it's because I still have issues with thinking up reactions and emotes on the fly, and usually wind up being lead instead of leading in most RP situations.

Enjoy!

<><><>

Rilain, the Inquisitor tells you, "Come, sister. The Design ripples."

*movement spam*

The Throne of the Architect.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Rilain, the Inquisitor stands here with a questioning look upon his features.
You see exits leading north, southeast, south, and southwest.

Energy crackling in his eyes, Rilain, the Inquisitor grips your shoulder, sending an
electric thrill down your spine.

You tilt your head and listen intently.

Rilain, the Inquisitor says, "I have seen a great vortex in the Design, pulling the lines
and angles into a new focal point."

You put your hands on your hips and go "Hmmm!"

You ask, "I'm not sure what that could mean. Is something new and imminent emerging?"

Rilain, the Inquisitor's eyes churn with burning lightning as a faint smirk tugs at his
lips.

In a knowing voice, Rilain, the Inquisitor says, "It is both old and emerging, growing in
power as the Design aligns around it."

You look thoughtful and say, "Ah, I see."

Rilain, the Inquisitor ponders the situation.

You ask, "Is there something to be done, then, or are we best to simply watch for it?"

Rilain, the Inquisitor traces a cold finger down the side of your face.

Making strange gestures with his fingers, Rilain, the Inquisitor says, "I have watched
the angles twist, the lines turn."

You nod solemnly.

The faint rumble of thunder penetrates the walls, low and rolling as it fades into
silence.

Rilain, the Inquisitor says, "Toward you, sister. They twist toward you."

You sway back and forth.

Rilain, the Inquisitor says, "The storm is coming."

A sudden thrumming fills the air as a vibrating Divine portal opens up directly before
you, wavering madly before settling in the air, strange colours and pathways flowing
beyond.

Rilain, the Inquisitor thrusts his fist skyward as sparks of electricity crackle within
his eyes.

You say, "Ah, I should go, then."

Thrusting your fist skyward, energy courses through your body as electricity crackles in
your eyes.

As you step into a vibrating Divine portal you are momentarily deafened by the thrumming
of the portal, distracting you from the fact that you have just stepped out into
nothingness, though this uneasy realisation has barely struck you before your legs are
compelled to take another step, and you emerge through an identical portal.

Atop a spire of infinite height.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Storm clouds roil far below, broken only by the apex of
lesser spires which puncture the clouds. Filling the air with a low-pitched thrum, a
vibrating Divine portal floats here. Zvoltz, the Architect crackles with confined energy,
His form flickering and fading along the edges. He wields the mighty hammer, Ays Onid in
His left hand. You see a single exit leading through a vibrating Divine portal.

You bow respectfully to Zvoltz.

You say, "Greetings, Lord Architect."

Solemnly, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "My Vivet."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Something must be done."

You ask, "What is the matter?"

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "The Design twists around you. It has become so severe that
even Rilain's limited sight is overwhelmed by the vision of it. He can see nothing else."

You shuffle your feet uneasily.

Zvoltz, the Architect's lips press together into a thin line as his body dissolves into
nebulous mists before reforming.

You ask, "What should I do, then?"

Arcs of coruscating energy undulate in ripples of icy white resplendency, coalescing into
Zvoltz, the Architect.

Zvoltz, the Architect asks, "Do you know the pattern of the Design?"

Zvoltz, the Architect jerks his hand in a sweeping motion as the sky around you becomes
blurry before forming into a complex network of lines and nodes of pulsating power.

Hesitantly, you say, "I feel like I should have a very definite answer for this, but... I
am unsure. I know the foundations as my guide. This is how it's always been."

You have emoted: Vivet turns her head upwards to observe the forming networks, straining
to see what lies within them.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I cannot show you, lest it destroy part of you as it has
done to Rilain. In its most simple representation, the Design is lines of connections
linking nodes of power. Some nodes have few lines, some have many. The size of a node
determines its power to affect the Design even as the Design affects it."

Zvoltz, the Architect's eyes narrow has he looks down at you.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You are pulling in too many lines, My Vivet. Your actions
send trembles through the Design. I fear that without an anchor, the power will overwhelm
and ultimately destroy you."

The lines hanging in the sky above you shift, pulling inward toward a pulsing vortex of
power until it implodes upon itself, leaving a ragged hole in the schematic.

Zvoltz, the Architect waves His hand in a negligent manner as the vision fades from the
sky.

Frowning, you ask, "Hmm. What is best to do in this situation? Might I try to draw others
in to help stabilise it?"

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "It is a burden you must bear alone, though I will lend My
power to you if you are certain your commitment to Me is absolute."

Cocking His head to the side, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "If your devotion is
incomplete, My anchoring will destroy you."

Bowing her head, you say, "I understand."

As the Architect raises His right hand, lightning burns down out of the sky in screaming
bolts that arc about His form.

Zvoltz, the Architect pulls the jagged energies down into a fulminating sphere that
cracks and sparks with barely contained power.

Releasing the sphere, it slowly floats forward before flowing seamlessly into your chest.

Pain wracks your body as electricity shoots through your nerves and muscles, causing you
to seize and shake.

As the pain and power threatens to overwhelm you, your consciousness begins to slip away
as blackness pools at the edges of your vision.

The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to
bask in his shining golden rays.

Zvoltz has imbued you with great powers, use them wisely.

A lattice of lightning crackles across the sky, twisting into the visage of the Vernal
Ascendant Vivet before fading into a violet afterimage.

A single teardrop forces its way to the corner of your eye.

The power recedes from you, pooling in your chest as it calms and swirls in a harmonious
beat with your heart.

His voice cool, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You have survived."

Bowing low, you say, "Yes. Thank you, Lord Zvoltz."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I believe that problem is solved then. You have become a
stabilising force within My Design, with My power to anchor you in place."

Rilain, the Inquisitor tells you, "Congratulations, sister."

Zvoltz, the Architect initiates you into the mysteries of The Lawgivers of the Divine
Order of Zvoltz, the Architect.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I must tend to the stray strands you have pulled loose that
have not realigned."

With a majestic wave of His arm, Zvoltz opens up a rift in the aetherways, fluctuating
oddly before it settles down into a vibrating Divine portal.

Trembling slightly, you ask, "Yes, very well. Might there be something I am best
directing myself towards as well?"

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Tend to Hallifax. It requires your guidance."

You say, "Of course."

Energy crackling in His eyes, Zvoltz grips your shoulder, sending an electric thrill down
your spine.

You bow respectfully to Zvoltz.

As you step into a vibrating Divine portal you are momentarily deafened by the thrumming
of the portal, distracting you from the fact that you have just stepped out into
nothingness, though this uneasy realisation has barely struck you before your legs are
compelled to take another step, and you emerge through an identical portal.

Before the Matrix.
Banks of clouds roil about here. There are 2 storm-coloured greyhounds here. A statue of
an empyreal white falcon stands here, memorializing her noble spirit. Radiating with an
incandescent brilliance, the Matrix floats within the circular walkway, slowly turning
and revealing flowering geometric patterns. Wind whipping through his wings, Fraesic
Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix is here, face upturned to the chill breeze. There are 10
Sentinel Deputy Commissars here. There are 10 Guardians of the Dodecahedron here. A
majestic onyx obelisk rises from the centre of a polished ring of silver, bolts of icy
white energy arcing between the two. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies
here. Filling the air with a low-pitched thrum, a vibrating Divine portal floats here.
You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest, and through a vibrating
Divine portal.

Tears fill your eyes and begin to slowly run down your face.