Vathael

Looks like Vathael is no longer around. I don't know details but from the looks of things he was very frustrated.

If you're old enough to remember Vathael in game post something about him. I had some fantastic times raiding with him.

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Vathael had a kid....
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    RIP, Vathael. You will be missed greatly.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited December 2013
    My thoughts are with his family and loved ones.  I didn't have much in the way of personal interactions with him, but I had seen him wandering the basin at various times.

Rest well Vathael, you will be missed by all of us :(
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • RIP, Vathael

I knew him a long time ago when he was a part of the d'Murani family and I was still active.  Great person, very thoughtful and kind, smart and dedicated.   Gone too soon, for sure.  I hope he's in a better place now.
  • RIP Vathael.

Very sorry to hear the news, fond memories of a lot of raids and fights together. Bonecrusher lessons when we were both in the ur'Guard were a particular highlight.

Veonira put it perfectly, he was a great guy and always willing to help a friend.
  • I've known OF Vathael for a long time. He was along those in my eyes the elite combatants of the game and honestly sacred me both IC and OOC when I was less experienced! However, back last December, maybe this past January after he'd been gone from the game for a while, I caught him logged in and went and chatted him up, largely being ignored until he noticed I was talking to him. Helped him get everything he needed and reaquanted with the game and come back for a short stint. Chatted and BSed with him in skype a bit too.

heart goes out to him and his loved ones.  He was good people and will be missed.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I wasn't around for most of his playing time, but he came back briefly as Ari said at the end of last year/start of this year and I got to play alongside him a little bit. Enjoyed what little experience of raiding with him that I had.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Churning currents of rippling colour coalesce in the sky above Avechna's Peak, resolving into the form of Morgfyre, the Legion.

The very heavens emit an alien pall of polychromatic colour as the multifarious voices of Morgfyre, the Legion thunder, "Our heart sinks this day, Basin of Life. Lusternia has lost one of her own."

Morgfyre gestures, and swirling tongues of violet flame burst from His fingers, coiling deep into Mount Avechna with a rumble that shakes the very earth beneath you.

The very heavens emit an alien pall of polychromatic colour as the multifarious voices of Morgfyre, the Legion thunder, "For those of you who would pay your respects to he known as Vathael, a memorial has been created within the Fulcrux upon Avechna's Peak."

The very heavens emit an alien pall of polychromatic colour as the multifarious voices of Morgfyre, the Legion thunder, "If you do not know the way, We shall grant you passage."

• Mysrai said:
    My (very unofficial, personal) thoughts are here. I'm very sorry to hear of his passing.
    I didn't really know Vathael other than hearing great things about him when I still played my Mag, but I still weeped like a baby at that quote because it is so very true. Thank you for sharing that.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • At one time a very good friend. He will be missed greatly.
  • A great guy with a great sense of humor to boot. Remember playing against him and playing with him at times. He will be sorely missed.

Will miss you, Vath. Take care.
  • Vath buddy...no...

Complete loss of words right now...

• Nothing I can say will even remotely add up to how I'm feeling. Too much to wrap my brain around.. My thoughts go out to his family.

Love you Vath, I hope you're in a better place. 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Some of my best best times playing Lusternia were with Vathael.

He had one of the best senses of humor, great to joke around with and tease back and forth. 

Very saddening, rest well. You and your family are in my prayers.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited December 2013
    I am n'Kylbar born and Magnagora raised. My father Revan keeps some interesting company. Although I have very little memory of the people I encountered in my pre-Nekotai life, Vath was a sure standout. 

I would bump into Vath on occasion. Although I can't recall a specific memory, he was only very-so-polite to me all of the time (especially considering that I was Glom and a non-com). 

I appreciate the respectful treatment to the Lusternian IC/RP side of this character. My thoughts go out to his friends and family- those who knew Vath in the real world... especially that precious little daughter of his. 
  • Unbelievable. You will be missed.

Rest in peace.
  • Vathael and I sacrificed a lot of people during Ascension 2013.

I  was looking forward for him to log on more so that I could get to know him better, since we had a few goes in the arena and he seemed like a really awesome Nihilist.

Hrpgmphmgphm.
  • It's when you read posts like this that you suddenly realise just how precious people are and how vulnerable we can be as human beings.

While I did not know you as well as many others here, it was common knowledge you were good stuff. My prayers are with you, my friend.
    I can remember reading logs of Fain ordering Vathael to kill Othero for disrespect, or the other amazing rp sessions the order has had, or the times Vathael would help me with things like triggers and whatnot just because he was always genuinely helpful and gave a damn. He liked to grief people, but he didn't want anyone to take it personally.

At one point, we even made tahtetso alts together and planned on being brothers :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Woah.  :(

Vathael was the dude who got me really, really into Lusternia when I first started playing.  He taught me how to PK properly.  I remember being so proud of myself for getting my first sac kill as a Nihilist way back in the day.  If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have actually started playing.
  • Hahaha yessss.

Vathael, bro, you are missed.

• Finally got this picture to upload. Those of you who knew Vathael well will appreciate the utter look of "wtf" on her face. Our daughter.image
  • I honestly can not express in words. Thank you Lyria for hunting me down and telling me. I remember many a day learning everything I know about Lusternia from Vathael and Thoros. You are missed.