Things We Need More Of

These are just things I decided I wanted more of, after thinking long and hard about it.

To start us off:

1. Divine making Public Posts

Whether it is an introduction after returning to the Void, an argument with another Divine, or just a general airing of grievances, I feel like we've lost something when Divine have moved to all shouting and no posting. Shouting is certainly more dramatic, to be sure, but there is something inexplicably more formal about news posts. The other difference is, the news posts stay forever. If you miss the shouting, then you really need to hope that someone else logged it, and will think to share it with you at some point. A news post gives people a chance to glimpse at what a Divine who is now totally inactive may have been like (or in some cases, Divine who don't even exist anymore) without having to be in their order (which, similarly, may be impossible to reach/get into).

2. More stuff in the outer planes

We've expanded the Prime Plane. A lot. In fact, when I log-in there are many times that I rarely ever leave prime, and when I do, it is usually to use some hub to get to another part of the prime plane. The outer planes feel small and trivial, and there's not really a lot to do in any of them unless you want to get power (via essence or nodes) or raid. I feel like the emphasis on planar travel as a whole has fallen by the wayside (and while this is partly due to the massive number of instant transport devices, having little to do out there doesn't help much).

How about some new, neutral cosmic plane that is difficult to get to, but offers a lot of bashing opportunities? Something that is risky to visit, where Avechna will never protect you, but offers good incentive to go to? Let's take more of the high level bashing off of prime again!

Or, heck, even just expanding the current cosmic planes in some way. Taking Nil as an example, there's not much to do there except: defend against raiders, buy nightmares, empower demons. I guess you can count converting essence too, but that's not especially meaningful. I'm talking about stuff like the quests we see in god-realms - something to keep you there and give more purpose to the supposed affinity you share with the entities on these planes.

Let's have more reason for people to be in places other than prime or manses!

Comments

• Also, bigger elemental planes. Or some other way to get Merbloom/Earwort :(
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I would love to have quests to do on Nil/Earth. I guess there is stealing Fae too, but more would be nice.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The nihilists guild has two shiny new quests on Nil which are an awesome addition. Yes please to more things like this!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I would like isolated off prime bashing areas. Bubbles used to be isolated but now they are just public domain with those damn bubblixes.

We need more combat. Not just the giant cluster *bad word* over generic conflicts. I want battle grounds that are more dangerous than the arena.

• More commodity quests for fruit, vegetables, grain and metal.
  • MoiMoi
    edited November 2012
    Also, beastmaster pets. I want to see the cosmic beasts for Continuum/Vortex and the return of camels, wakabi and dashro!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Iytha said:
    Also, beastmaster bets. I want to see the cosmic beasts for Continuum/Vortex and the return of camels, wakabi and dashro!
    Please, no beastmaster betting.  I do not want to lose Ilistala. :(
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

Voicing my support for more divine news writings. I would love to log in and read something interesting and engaging for a change, not just the event posts I've already read on the website, revolt/flare results or another nobody winning an election.

More beasts, yes. YES.

(as long as they're better than rhinos)

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Yes please to the expansion of not-prime.