Pacts

This isn't anything major, I just thought others might be interested in seeing what it looks like when you pact with a DL.

Luciphage:
You prostrate yourself before Luciphage, and profess your commitment to
dominate and rule others in his name, begging the Supreme Master to form a
pact with you. A globe of darkness rises up around you, and you try to plug your
ears as the souls of the damned screech and shriek in agony.

Supreme Master Luciphage says, "Yes, Lillie, I think we can work together. I
think we can defeat the Light and have all of creation on its knees before us."

Supreme Master Luciphage places a thumb on your forehead and your very soul
feels as though it is being pulled and twisted. You stagger backwards, utterly
defiled by the touch.

The demonic hordes shriek the name of Lillie, as Luciphage forms a pact with
her to dominate all they survey.

Baalphegar:
You prostrate yourself before Baalphegar, and profess your commitment to dark plots and lies, begging the Prince of the Dark Fates to form a pact with you. You shudder violently as the whispering of a thousand voices threatens madness.

The Voice of Baalphegar tells you, "Yessss, Lillie! With my guidance, you shall spin such webs and plots that the world shall dance to our manipulations!"

Thousands of crawling, chitinous legs slither over your skin, prodding and pricking, injecting you with cold venom. Unable to bear it longer, you try to claw them off you, but there is nothing there except for silky strands of web.

The demonic hordes whisper the name of Lillie, as Baalphegar forms a pact with her to weave the dark fates of others.

More to come as I pact with more! I'd be really interested to see what it's like for Supernals, as well as what the other cosmic guilds go through.
The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
"THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Unfortunately I lost my logs of the pacts with the supernals a LONG time ago, I haven't had to renew Kagatos bonds in quite some time since the Supernals and Demon Lords are extremely difficult to take down without a very large group.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Well, if you know of any novices or midbies who are about ready, get their logs!
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Kagato said:
    Unfortunately I lost my logs of the pacts with the supernals a LONG time ago, I haven't had to renew Kagatos bonds in quite some time since the Supernals and Demon Lords are extremely difficult to take down without a very large group.
    Challenge accepted

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You don't have to repact when the Demon Lords fall, just as an fyi. You can't use the pact powers but once they are raised you're good to go. I know, it's happened twice in fairly recent history for me. I'm all for testing to see if that's also true of the Supernals.

• Deep Pact with Luciphage:

You prostrate yourself before Supreme Master Luciphage, and declare your dark
    and patient domination of the insignificant souls around you. A scouring
    whirlwind of shrieking souls lifts you off the ground, invasively entering you
    through each orifice.

Supreme Master Luciphage exclaims, "Hmm, I might find some use for your
    service, Lillie. You shall be my personal pawn upon the great chessboard of
    creation, waiting until the perfect moment to capture my enemies and dominate
    all that you survey. Together, we shall rule all of creation!"

Supreme Master Luciphage places a thumb on your forehead and your very soul
    feels as though it is being pulled and twisted. You stagger backwards, utterly
    defiled by the touch.

The demonic hordes shriek the name of Lillie, as Luciphage bonds with his soul
    to patiently dominate all who pass before their gaze, and rule over all of
    creation.

symbol call
    You raise a fist into the air and shout out to Supreme Master Luciphage.
    Billowing black smoke rises up around you and solidifies into a damning symbol
    of domination within your clenched fist.

• Ashtorath:

You prostrate yourself before Ashtorath, and profess your commitment to hatred and rage, begging the Duke of Inescapable Damnation to form a pact with you. You are slammed to the ground by one of his huge, horned hands.

Ashtorath the Raging exclaims, "You better serve me well, Lillie! I will tolerate nothing else! Rage against the Light! Hate all life and let your fury rule your being. Together, our rage shall flatten all opposition!"

• Gorgulu:

You prostrate yourself before Gorgulu, and profess your commitment to disease and plagues, begging the Devourer of Souls to form a pact with you. A noxious gas rises up around you, coating your skin with a vile slime.

A gibbering voice swells in your head, filling your mind with incomprehensible images and shapes.

A clawed arm stretches out from Gorgulu the Devourer of Souls and slashes you across the chest with green talons. The wounds immediately begin to fester.

The demonic hordes hiss the name of Lillie, as Gorgulu forms a pact of abomination with him.

• edited May 2014
    Deep Pact with Baalphegar:

You prostrate yourself before the Voice of Baalphegar, and declare that all others dance upon your deceitful web, and yours are the lies that topple thrones. You shiver and your ears begin to bleed as a thousand sinister whispers speak to you, each more vile and wicked that the last.

The Voice of Baalphegar tells you, "I ssssense the lies that take root deep within your mind, Khefar! We ssshal make a bond and I ssshal teach you the most horrible and black ssssecretss, dark enough to blot out the sstarssss from the night ssssky! My webssss ssshall ssstretch acrosssss all of creation!"

Thousands of crawling, chitinous legs slither over your skin, prodding and pricking, injecting you with cold venom. Unable to bear it longer, you try to claw them off you, but there is nothing there except for silky strands of web.

The demonic hordes whisper the name of Khefar, as Baalphegar bonds with his soul to ensnare and torment their prey upon the Web of Despair.

You raise a fist into the air and shout out to the Voice of Baalphegar. Billowing black smoke rises up around you and solidifies into a chilling symbol of despair within your clenched fist.