MD/DC March Meet

Having popped into existence little more than a month ago and materializing somewhere south (yet simultaneously north) of the Capital Beltway, I think it only apropos that all shards in the area come forth to pay homage to Me in My blazing glory. There shall be feasting and merriment! And I shall show you why they call Me Yomoigu the Very Magnificent.

In plain talk, it's time for another player meet in the MD/DC area! To give people time to plan, we're looking at getting together during a weekend in the latter half of March, either the 21-22 or 28-29. These meets are always enjoyable, so post here if you're interested in attending!

Comments

• If it's not in DC, I might show up.
  • I vote for someplace more in Maryland, but accessible by the DC-ers. I'm good either of those weekends, too.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I may make an appearance just to find out who you are...
  • edited January 2014
    *lurk lurk lurkity* I would mayhaps be interested in attending. I work mainly out of Dupont circle, but so long as it's metro-able would be nice. @maellio should come too <.<

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • I can put a maybe to this.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I can go if it's not the 22nd, would put my preference on 28-29. Also going to throw in the vote for College Park.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I could possibly make an appearance, but would need to check the best/cheapest way down there. If only it were later in the year, as a few future checks have already been earmarked for certain ventures. Hopefully a proper date could be set as soon as possible, so I can ask for that day off.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Maaaaaaybe
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Interested, definitely! :)

If Zyphora is gonna be there, now I need to go.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I would go there in spirit at least.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Yesssss!

I'd prefer something more VA-side, but I'll go regardless!

One caveat: wherever we end up going, can we make sure it's vegan-friendly? o.o
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Parua said:
    Yesssss!

I'd prefer something more VA-side, but I'll go regardless!

One caveat: wherever we end up going, can we make sure it's vegan-friendly? o.o
    Here's a handy dandy list. It's at least come in handy for whenever I've had to host veg folk. I personally recommend Agora, but it is of course in Dupont. http://www.vegdc.com/

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • Well, I HAD been thinking Fogo de Chao, but I suppose that I can find place somewhat less meaty.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I would make meaty jokes, but that would be crude and disreputable. But really, Fogo is the best.
  • +1 for Fogo if people can afford it.
    Ugh, 3 hour travel time does not sound fun for me ::(. I may just go in spirit like Turnus.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I am in Northern Virginia/DC area and would love to go! I should be available either weekend.

• I'm in Eastern VA, but DC is only about 4 hours away. I would more than likely be able to attend if it was DC, would just have to see about dates and if I can get that weekend off. I should have enough monies saved up by then to be able to rent a room or something for the weekend.
  • Unless something big changes down the road, I'm going to set the date for the meet as Saturday, March 29th.  I'll post more details (including location and time) in the coming weeks.
    If I could get a ride from someone, I might be able to make it.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited January 2014
    Neos said:
    If I could get a ride from someone, I might be able to make it.
    what area you in? I'd be coming from the west side of PA
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

I'm in Philadelphia.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • will have to get a map I have never driven to DC before heh. (never been there before period!)

I went there on a school trip once in fourth grade, had a bad experience and nearly got kidnapped by the weather.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited January 2014
    Neos said:
    I went there on a school trip once in fourth grade, had a bad experience and nearly got kidnapped by the weather.
    looks like its way out of my way too :( from this map I could get on 70 and not be in PA very long at all. =\

I do want to go, but from checking prices, it'd cost me more than $100 to pay for just the train tickets getting to DC and getting back home, not counting cost for the transportation needed to actually get to the trains, then food and such that day, and unfortunately, I don't make that much money to be able to consider spending all that. If someone is available to give a ride, I can come, otherwise, no go.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited January 2014
    You could also try Washington deluxe busing if you can make it out of ny. Like 30-60 round trip, wifi included and plugs etc. http://www.washny.com/ I'm quite fond of it.

• There's also the Megabus from Philly's 30th Street Station to D.C.'s Union Station.
  • edited January 2014
    Lines for megabus are craaazy. But can be cheap yes. Also, in case you feel like shopping around http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/artsandliving/travel/busreview/