Ascension 2014 Rules

As a reminder, the rules for Ascension can be viewed in HELP ASCENSION RULES. If you have any questions or concerns, please post in this thread ahead of time so we can discuss and clarify. Here's to a smooth Ascension. Good luck!

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Life and Death need a caveat that while technically Prime, Climanti Past doesn't count.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Also when will actual event times be posted, so people not on PST can start converting and making plans for whatever ungodly hour events will be?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Honestly I'd be happy to do away with the non chaos hamsters entirely, IIRC the FFA PK events are xp free deaths, so if you die you lost nothing, you might as well take the chance to get involved in combat.

Sure this means if you get a repeat of last year there's no deciding factor for 2nd/3rd etc for credits, they just don't get handed out.

• It's a bit too common for a single person to hold it for the duration, so it'd mean that often there are no other prices than the seal given out. Even if more than one person holds it, it's pretty uncommon for five different people to hold it. So unfortunately, I doubt the non-chaos hamsters are going anywhere.
  • Having the non chaos hamsters around is a good opportunity for a few different people to win some credits whilst most of the tough fighters are occupied with the seal battle.
  • Ahem. Speaking of non-chaos hamsters... Does anyone happen to have a list of hamster short descs I could take a peek at?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ssaliss said:
    It's a bit too common for a single person to hold it for the duration, so it'd mean that often there are no other prices than the seal given out. Even if more than one person holds it, it's pretty uncommon for five different people to hold it. So unfortunately, I doubt the non-chaos hamsters are going anywhere.

With the nerf to war shrines, it won't be as easy to lock down territories, no gravity, distort, invasion mobs to help you keep it locked down.

I think we'll see a bit more switching about this year because of that fact alone.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I do not expect much change actually, I can already see most of what is likely to occur. 

Some examples of what I mean:
    - Gravity is a personal power for avatars in a room, no?
    - Most major fights historically have few or no invasion mobs helping anyway.
    - Distort has alternatives, and can be freely stopped in other ways.
  • IIRC Gravity is a mixed power: it's only active within the shrine's area, and only around people who activate it. The first is the important thing here.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Gravity will not be a factor.

The only distort alternative will be bonds now, which has its own drawbacks and doesn't work for all magical transports.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It's supposed to work for all magical transport....
  • Ssaliss said:
    It's a bit too common for a single person to hold it for the duration, so it'd mean that often there are no other prices than the seal given out. Even if more than one person holds it, it's pretty uncommon for five different people to hold it. So unfortunately, I doubt the non-chaos hamsters are going anywhere.
    Idea: Hold the hamsterhunt directly after the seal is awarded, with the sealbearer not being allowed to compete. Credits for 2nd through 5th place go to the 1st through 4th place winners of the hamsterhunt.
    edited January 2014
    Shuyin said:
    Gravity will not be a factor.

The only distort alternative will be bonds now, which has its own drawbacks and doesn't work for all magical transports.

Which does it fail to prevent?

edited January 2014
    Ascension times and dates in GMT, please convert from here to your own local timezone.

Chaos: January 25 @ 7:00 p.m.
    Nature: January 27 @ 1:00 a.m.
    Knowledge: February 2 @ 2:00 a.m.
    Harmony: February 2 @ 9:00 p.m.
    War: February 8 & 9 @ 7:00 p.m.
    Life: February 15 @ 4:00 p.m.
    Death: February 16 @ 9:00 p.m. 
    Justice: February 22 @ 4:00 p.m. 
    Beauty Deadline: February 16 
    Beauty Announcement: February 24 @ 2:00 a.m.
    Final Trial: March 1 @ 9:00 p.m.

• Morkarion said:
    Ascension times and dates in GMT, please convert from here to your own local timezone.

Chaos: January 25 @ 5:00 p.m.
    War: February 8 & 9 @ 5:00 p.m.
    gonna miss chaos after all :( RL comes first though.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited January 2014
    Morkarion said:

These numbers appear off. PST is GMT-8, not GMT-6

EDIT: Chaos and War anyway

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

These numbers appear off. PST is GMT-8, not GMT-6

EDIT: Chaos and War anyway
    This is why for non-Americans, using PST is confusing and has no relevance.

What is PST in relation to GMT? Officially? And is it daylight savings time? Or will it be? (Can you see why this is confusing???? GMT never changes!)

Fixed the Chaos/War times, I started putting the right time in then derped, and PST is currently -8 GMT. We are not currently in summertime so we are on GMT not +1 ahead (or -7 behind)

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2014
    Times in New Zealand Standard Time (GMT+11 at the moment)

Chaos: January 26 @ 8:00 a.m. NZST
    Nature: January 27 @ 2:00 p.m. NZST
    Knowledge: February 2 @ 3:00 p.m. NZST
    Harmony: February 3 @ 10:00 a.m. NZST
    War: February 9 & 10 @ 8:00 a.m. NZST
    Life: February 16 @ 5:00 a.m. NZST
    Death: February 17 @ 10:00 a.m. NZST 
    Justice: February 23 @ 5:00 a.m. NZST
    Beauty Deadline: February 16 NZST
    Beauty Announcement: February 24 @ 3:00 p.m. NZST
    Final Trial: March 2 @ 10:00 a.m. NZST

Bleh, the two events I was hoping to attend (Chaos and Life), I won't be able to attend because I will be at a market selling stuff and making money >_>

EDIT: Fixed some of the times since I shifted them the wrong direction

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited January 2014
    Lavinya said:
    Stuff
    This is why for non-Americans, using PST is confusing and has no relevance.

What is PST in relation to GMT? Officially? And is it daylight savings time? Or will it be? (Can you see why this is confusing???? GMT never changes!)

In the past, GMT has confused some of the admin who were doing things and they got times wrong when trying to convert to GMT. So that is why they started posting everything in PST instead of GMT

PST is not daylight savings time (that is normally denoted as PDT - Pacific Daylight Time) Daylight savings time is in April.
    edited January 2014
    Svorai said:
    -snip-

Shows what you know - they actually have internet down at Scott Base in Antartica =p Now if only they knew about Lusternia... >_>  /deliberatelysilly

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I just made this, the hours may be off. It's a google document of the times.
    Any chance you can make the document editable so people can add other  timezones?  I noticed you have not included the NZ times I put in my earlier post in your sheet.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Kagato said:
    Any chance you can make the document editable so people can add other  timezones?  I noticed you have not included the NZ times I put in my earlier post in your sheet.
    I just added NZST and NZDT!
  • Huge sad face :( I can make it to very few of these. See you for Chaos, Life and final ascension

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Welp, I won't get to see any of this, unless they fall on days I'm not working. Evening shifts and all that. D:
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Bah, I'll miss chaos for sure :(
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."