Ascension 2014 Rules

Comments

• Disable crits for Death. Change the affliction lines for Life. <.<

Okay, it'll never happen, but I'm allowed to dream.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    They've changed the life lines before

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Estarra, I'd like to ask the audience...
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2014
    Seconded on changing the affliction lines for life, it means people actually have to work for the life challenge rather than writing up triggers that will automatically pick out the herb/salve/potion needed for them.

Come to think of it, I'd like to see maybe see the lines for the hamsters changed too, I know there is definitely people out there that have triggers set up to automatically detect hamsters in a room and pick them up reflexively as they walk through.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Come to think of it, I'd like to see maybe see the lines for the hamsters changed too, I know there is definitely people out there that have triggers set up to automatically detect hamsters in a room and pick them up reflexively as they walk through.
    Not sure how big of a change that would actually make. Even if they did change things at the last moment you could (provided you don't mind seeing the spam) just substring trigger 'hamster' and have it do send("get hamster")

Same effect just less polished.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kagato said:

Seconded on changing the affliction lines for life, it means people actually have to work for the life challenge rather than writing up triggers that will automatically pick out the herb/salve/potion needed for them.

I have an alias named "makeltrig". Type that in, copy / paste the line the denizen says, and then finally put in the cure as the last word.

My system now has the trigger line in and set up, ready to go (with a variable for the mob being saved there too, just in case it is not a furrikin someday).

Anyone who wants to be competitive in Life could (and probably will) have something along these lines, which means that they will end up with a larger advantage over people without lines.

You can do it, but it is a waste of time that will not do what you want it to. :/

The challenge would need to be changed much more significantly to prevent it from being dominated by triggers (which probably would be a good thing).
  • Kelly said:
    Neos sounded sarcastic, but the lag really kills the fun and participation out of some of these events. Is there any way that the volume of mobs during the Chaos and Final Ascension events be toned down?

For Chaos, I really don't think that anyone cares about running around catching hamsters, but if there is an outcry from the noncoms, then alternatively decrease the quantity of hamsters per drop and increase the frequency of drops (so there are hopefully less hamster objects per given time).

For Final Ascension, increase the stats (level/damage/aff speed) of the current Kethuru mobs, and decrease the number of mobs per drop.

Or, if this would even help, make the mobs immobilized when no player is in the local area?
    I couldn't agree with this more. There needs to be a change in -something- because the lag is atrocious and makes these fun events totally unbearable.
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I had xenthos's triggers when I won life.
  • Can we clarify which seals are open pk.  Obviously Chaos and Death are; are Life, Knowledge and harmony open pk?

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Leolamins said:
    Can we clarify which seals are open pk.  Obviously Chaos and Death are; are Life, Knowledge and harmony open pk?
    Knowledge would never be open PK being that it is a Quiz held by a Divine and everyone is in the Divine's presence. Don't see why Life would be either, being that it's... Life.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Life and Harmony aren't, neither is nature. To my knowledge the only open PK is Death/Chaos and Final Ascension.

And there's obviously PK in War.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Pk knowledge would be fun

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Pk knowledge would be fun
    Get 5 researchers together and.... balestone, balestone, balestone, balestone

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    If Knowledge quizzes ran like trivia questions in Board Game Online, I think Knowledge Seal would scare me away.

Life and harmony aren't open PK, but that doens't stop people from openly pking during them.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Beauty is Open Pk. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It would also be interesting to get more info on the final ascension, mostly about which constructs and skills will be deactivated etc.
    IIRC all items, powers and effects that reduce the state of insanity are disabled, not sure anything else is affected, then you've got the new rule from last year about Avechna peacing not being in effect.

Taking bets on this year's contentious ruling btw.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• There's also stuff that doesn't affect the staffholder and things like that.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2014
    Waiting for one of the scavenger hunt locations to be in Lirangsha.
  • Aww, I thought that sounded like a good idea. Would at least let me join in the fun.
    Ieptix said:
    This year I think we're just going to disable all combat-related commands except kick and punch.

(This is a joke. Do not take seriously.)
    Do it, DO IT.

No really that'd be brilliant.

Morkarion said:
    Ieptix said:
    This year I think we're just going to disable all combat-related commands except kick and punch.

(This is a joke. Do not take seriously.)
    Do it, DO IT.

No really that'd be brilliant.

Only because you, and a small subset of the playerbase, would never die no matter how many people were punching you.
  • Enyalida said:
    Waiting for one of the scavenger hunt locations to be in Lirangsha.
    Don't forget the gutter and the groundhog shrine. Nature seems to be more and more about areas that are easy to identify and even easier to prevent others from gaining access to.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • You should obviously also disable curing and health regen. It'd be funny to see a gigantic mob of people all crowd around someone and literally beat them to death.
    Marcella said:
    You should obviously also disable curing and health regen. It'd be funny to see a gigantic mob of people all crowd around someone and literally beat them to death.
    Past five people attacking the same person, there's an increasing chance that you will hit one of the melee rather than the intended target.

• Is that really a mechanic attached to kick/punch, or are you just saying that?
    Marcella said:
    Is that really a mechanic attached to kick/punch, or are you just saying that?
    If it's not, it should be. There's just no reasonable way you'll have 20 people punching a single person and always hitting the intended target... unless it's a tae'dae being swarmed by 20 faeling.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kick and punch can miss, though. It would not always be hitting.