Music Listened to whilst In Game

MaligornMaligorn Windborne
edited January 2014 in Common Grounds
So, I'm not sure if this is in the right category here, but as an avid music nut I wanted to throw out this thread, where you might post what you listen to while you quest/hunt/murder infidels/other! I'm curious as to everyone else's taste in song.

I can pretty much set that on repeat and be good to go, but I pay particular love to disc 2, tracks 7, 14, and 18.

To get a smooth, yet robust feel while in the throes of combat. Text moving at the speed of light can be a bit stressful.

EDIT: For that first video, open it in a new tab and find the playlist in the description so I don't seem like a lunatic. :P

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/625/music-to-murder-things-by

It'd slipped down the threads a while. As for my own, today's been a mix of Star Wars, the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack and currently 3 hours into the Skyrim soundtrack.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• shut up my music is awesome
  • I don't know why since so much of it is really not Lusternia-eque, but I love listening to Björk especially when I'm tottering around doing spectres and the like
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I'm a mood listener so it really depends on my mood. 

I have Rebellion Mood 

Bored Mood

Feeling Awesome Mood

Annnd silly moods

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

• Nothing beats Caramelldansen

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2014
    Oh man, I love humming the baseline, this one is good too.
  • Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Procrastinating from writing a report on 2000 XRF results, so.... things I've been listening to recently.

Air - Moon Safari

The xx - xx

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

The Shins - Oh Inverted World

• I've been listening to a lot of Cowboy Bebop OST lately. So funky, so jazzy, and all in the context of an anime. Amazing stuff.

And of course, this ridiculous classic.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You missed the best crunchiest one. :>

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Specifically for @Daraius

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2014

This. I've been looping this video for days now, unabashedly.

Still get awkwardly emotional towards the end, but nothing beats the end of this performance. I fully recommend the full thing to anyone with ten minutes to kill!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited February 2014
    I'm saving this one for when Ascension finally starts.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "The Challenge of Life has ended!"
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Aerys stands as the Champion of Life!"
  • Evil Beauty by Black Mill
  • edited February 2014
    While hunting astral:

• Perfect for tunnel bashes or just as background noise.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.

One of several video game soundtracks that kills an hour or two of mindnumbing bashing.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Discovered this by accident but it's an hour long so that's good. The footage used doesn't hurt either. Inspiring. And wth full songlist and images used.

In the same vein.

Retired.
  • edited February 2014

This one of the ones that gets my blood going for fun things, especially when they turn not so fun. :)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    This will be playing on all future aetherhunts.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • For my first ascension, this shall be blasting at full volume.

E.P.I.C
    Retired.
  • I listen to too many things to link...mostly? A wide mix of music dependent on what station I set my stuff too. Progressive rock and metal tend to be common.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    A lot of DragonForce, Journey, Johnathan Coulton, BOC, Megadeth, Coheed, Trace Atkins, Jonny Cash... And my montage sound track that has the best montage music of the 80s. Really, if it isn't hip hop or rap, I likely listen to it.

• I've been listening to this one a lot lately while playing.
  • With justice just kicking off, I'm rocking out a bit >.>

Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Eh...am I the only one that listens to loud, raucous music? LOL

Actually, I listen to almost anything, it depends on the mood. Most of the time it's randomized...can go from Marilyn Manson to Garth Brooks and all spots in between. :)

Favourites -

If I'm pissed at something, the sounds of Die M'Fr Die by Dope, definite win
    If I'm hunting, especially when it's a Feyranti family hunt, I'm good for One for the Money, Escape the Fate
    If I'm feelin a lil low, I'll have things like By The Way, Theory of a Deadman
    If I'm feelin silly, I will pull out Carmeldansen. However..I do much prefer the high-speed version *laugh*