A New High Chief and a Ridiculous Oath

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
@Bryvon asked @Turnus to perform a ceremony installing him as the High Chief:

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "Will everybody put away their weapons?"

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei ignores the crowd as he moves towards the crystal pillar, bending he sets down a large bowl filled with bramble and leaves, which he uses to build a small campfire. Picking the bowl up in both hands he rises to his feet, nodding in satisfaction at the fire and steps to one side of it as he turns to address the crowd.

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei glares down at the fire as it flickers out with a grunt.

Turnus takes some wood and lights it with his tinderbox, causing it to erupt into a soothing fire.

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "Greets Tribe and honored guests. We are gathered here to witness a solemn occasion. By vote of his tribesmen, Bryvon has been elected to lead the inner-workings of the Serenguard as our next High Chief. If you haven't already please lower your weapons as a show of respect to the Great Spirits."

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei motions Bryvon to step up to him, opposite the campfire.

Bryvon Moonvine closes in to the fire in a few strides. Gazing at Turnus intently.

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "Normally, we would be doing this where the veil to the spirit plane is thinner, so that we can more easily become attuned with them. I thought it fitting instead that we do it here. Where our duties are so apparent."

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei gestures to the crystal pillar solemnly before continuing.

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "We are the Serenguard. Our duty is to protect the Serenwilde from all threats. Every tribesman makes a blooth oath to defend against them both external and within. For many of us, we think of Glomdoring. Perhaps the older among us will think of Grutina. Others it might be the taint. Something we can kill."

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei reaches a hand into the bowl and throws a pile of leaves onto the fire, which flares up quickly and then dies down, heavy layers of smoke billowing out from it to encircle both him and Bryvon.

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "The most difficult of our enemies are the ones we cannot simply slay. We upkeep the Magnolia locks, but still with every passing moment with they crumble away, and so we must rebuild them. This is our hardest of tasks. The enemy one that slowly eats you from the inside. The weevils gnawing at the trunk. Apathy. The loss of motivation. The war against just giving in. This is one we all know. We all lose friends to it. We all suffer from it. It infects you, the rot grows, and then it is too late."

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei picks out a few weevils from the bowl and tosses them into the fire, remaining silent for a moment as they sizzle and pop in the fire, the heavy smoke billowing from it begins to creep upon the crystalline figure.

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "But it is not all lost. With fresh leaders comes renewal. With a new High Chief, we have somebody ready to lead the charge against this old foe. Fresh blood without any rot ready to become an example. Shake out the rot and let new growth sprout out. As the great spirits and the warrior spirits guide him, so will he guide us."

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei speaks in a solemn voice as he declares to Bryvon, "May Mother Moon light your path." Tossing a handful of bramble into the fire with another blessing, "May Brother Hart show you how to walk it." Another flash of fire and the smoke fills the room, making you feel a little light headed.

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "Serenguard! Assemble!"

Warchief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Winter Courtier marches to the bowl and
retrieves a piece of bramble. He chants over it and thrusts it into the fire. Withdrawing the lit bramble, he points it at the clouds of smoke and yells, "The Three Warriors are summoned!" Three ethereal forms--a jaguar, an eagle, and a wolverine--rush from the clouds towards Bryvon. "May Brother Jaguar grant you the skill to teach your kin; may Brother Eagle grant you the understanding and wisdom to inspire them; and may Sister Wolverine grant you the focus to lead them!" The three Great Spirits rush through Bryvon, leaving glowing marks behind as they fade back into the clouds.

Serenguard Isluna Nabrial walking up to the bowl, takes a piece of bramble, and holds it a moment with a soft smile. Walking to the campfire she says to Bryvon, "May Mother Moon, light your path, at let nothing hide in the shadows before Her." Nodding her head slightly, she drops the piece in the
fire.

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei nods in satisfaction, as the thick smoke wraps comfortably around the room in a heavy blanket, at once both dulling the senses and causing the impression of flickering phantasmal shapes to dance along the walls and the edge of vision - perhaps the spirits
themselves gracing with their presence.

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "Bryvon repeat the oaths of your office after me."

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "I, YourName, stand before you as High Chief of the Serenguard Lodge, having been elected by the fair, democratic vote of the Tribe."

(Bryvon repeats)

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "I swear to stand with the heads of the Chieftain's Circle, handling the internal workings of the Tribe, conferring with the Great Chieftain to appoint wise and responsible Chiefs, and to work beside the Great Chieftain and the elected Chiefs for the good of the Serenguard."

(Bryvon repeats)

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "I swear to avail the Chieftain's circle of my intentions in all matters pertaining to the Tribe, and to seek the approval of my peers in pursuing the goals and intended changes I bring with me to this office, with clarity
and openness of purpose."

(Bryvon repeats)

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "I swear to work ceaselessly with the Chiefs of the Serenguard in maintaining the ritual traditions of the Tribe, in keeping updated our archived materials and adding to them when necessary, in equipping our warriors with all they need for combat, and most importantly, in the guidance of our Braves and Unblooded in becoming full blooded warriors in their own right."

(Bryvon repeats)

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "I swear to devote myself to the administration of our funds, recognizing that I possess the highest authority to draw upon these reserves and am duty bound to use them only for the betterment of the Tribe."

(Bryvon repeats)

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "In all my actions and decisions, I will honour the Oath of the Serenguard. Even as I swear this new Oath to the Guard, I do swear again upon that first blood Oath that I stand among you still as a warrior of the Serenguard, your brother/sister in arms upon this spiritual path."

(Bryvon repeats)

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "Under the guiding light of Mother Moon, and the ever watchful gaze of Brother Hart, I do swear to uphold these guiding principles of my Office."

(Bryvon)

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei leans down to the still smoldering fire, a light haze of smoke still lingering in the air - though somehow it seems not as thick as it once was,. He pulls out a heavy log from the bottom in one hand quickly patting the flames out with his other hand. Using a finger scrapes some of the ash off from the log and draws a long mark across Bryvon's forehead.

Speaking in a low growl, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "And I hold here the Logs of the Seren - which bind the High Chief to his job. And now they pass to Bryvon."

Turnus gives the Logs of the Seren to Bryvon Moonvine.

Turnus kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal rage as he raises his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Isluna kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, her eyes ablaze with tribal rage as she raises her weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Bryvon kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal rage as he raises his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

You kneel humbly before Bryvon, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, your eyes ablaze with tribal rage as you raise your weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Stepping back from the fire, Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei says, "Thank you all for coming."

Bryvon Moonvine exclaims, "I thank you, too. Great honour you have brought upon me this day, but also a great burden. My deepest gratitude for your trust in me. I shall not disappoint you!"
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Comments

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Best part was this afterwards:

Everiine tells you, "I may have to invoke my role as the Chief of the Ritual to ensure that Oath is never used again..."

You tell Warchief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Winter Courtier, "Please do."

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I don't see anything wrong with this at all. Logs are awesome.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's only the actual Oath part that I thought, "This is like a laundry list someone threw together". It seemed like it tried to pinpoint exactly, to the last detail, what the duties of the High Chief were. I can't even remember who wrote the Oaths, but they have never been used before, probably with good reason.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It wouldn't be out of place for a Hallifaxian oath to make special note of the allocation of funds.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    It did feel like a Hallifaxian oath, didn't it!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I personally loved this, and I think serenwilde would do better with more rituals and ceremonies.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Absolutely! Just not with that particular 7-part oath in it :D .

• That oath definitely did not have a very, uh, tribey feel. The last two parts were good, but the first five were very bureaucratic and stuffy.

But I liked the ceremony in general! Yay rituals.
  • edited February 2014

The ritual at the beginning gave me shivers and definitely gave me some inspiration for my character as she grows. Definitely Native American-esque, which is something I've quickly learned to sort of inspire my RP in Serenguard/Serenwilde. :)

But yeah, the, uh, oath part needs a bit of reworking. It was such an odd shift in the logs. Nothing a little TLC can't fix, though!

Awesome log! Loved it!

• edited February 2014
    Finally! More Seren ritualism! Especially the Serenguard!

Aside from the oath (let's not belabor the point), it was delightful. Especially the part with "The Three Warriors are summoned!" Aw yiss.

One thing I'm curious about, though - the location was mentioned but we don't know what it is. So where did all this go down?
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    SECRETSSSS
    In a place.

• The oath that all Serenguard take is much easier and better, in my opinion. This one was a bit off for the guild.
  • Phooey. Y'all're no fun.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

We are fun! I want to do these kinds of ceremonies more often. Just without the verbatim oath in the middle :P .

• Everiine said:
    We are fun! I want to do these kinds of ceremonies more often. Just without the verbatim oath in the middle :P .
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Well next time I catch Everiine we'll have something going on!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I feel bad that I never finished that rite in which the Serenguard was to receive Moon's blessing. :(

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT LILLIE.

• IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT MOONDANCERS.
  • edited February 2014
    Let's not forum RP shall we?

This was a cool thing to read, I hope Bryvon does an awesome job with GA
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."