Substitute teachers and honorary guild members?

Substitute teachers and honorary guild members?

Given classflexing, why not give Guild Administrators the ability to appoint, from other guilds, honorary guild members to help with the slack of low population and off-peak?

Comments

• So... the ability to basically be in two guilds at once? (You'd need to hear and speak on the novice channel, see what novices are around, have access to the usual mentor abilities like guild skills and guild score, as well as the ability to advance collegium/novicehood and guildfavour. Oh, and to read the ghelpfiles that concern advancing...)

Look at how covenants turned out. They're unlikely to implement anything of that sort. Covenants aren't even doing much to resolve the issue that they were implemented to resolve anyway - the admin have no time nor any interest in expanding on the covenant mechanic - I think it's best to just let the dead horse lie. If you're in a dead guild, you have no choice but to hang on and wait for an upswing. Nothing else is going to be implemented to lighten that.

• Lerad said:
    So... the ability to basically be in two guilds at once? (You'd need to hear and speak on the novice channel, see what novices are around, have access to the usual mentor abilities like guild skills and guild score, as well as the ability to advance collegium/novicehood and guildfavour. Oh, and to read the ghelpfiles that concern advancing...)

Look at how covenants turned out. They're unlikely to implement anything of that sort. Covenants aren't even doing much to resolve the issue that they were implemented to resolve anyway - the admin have no time nor any interest in expanding on the covenant mechanic - I think it's best to just let the dead horse lie. If you're in a dead guild, you have no choice but to hang on and wait for an upswing. Nothing else is going to be implemented to lighten that.
    I think you've brought up the short-comings pretty fairly. I would agree that being in a covenant doesn't seem to give you the tools you need to address the problem. I would add, that as a GA wouldn't your rather hand pick the outsiders you want to help, rather than hoping that people picked for their ability to help their own guildmates were able to help your novices?