Free - Influencing and Bashing System

Comments

• What I thought too, but what I have noticed is I swing then once I have that right arm balance I can swing again, 1 hit, that's it. I took on a moose and a salamander cause that's what kind of day I was having. I am more then happy to log it, and if I am wrong I am wrong. But I am only see the 1 hit, and the right arm balance before I can swing again. And this is manual, it that's why it is doing it.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Using the bash alias only does one attack. If you hit bash twice, you'd swing twice surely?

Other than that, add your targets to the get_target list and use the AT on function.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Does manual bashing even work with the auto targetter? I am quite sure you need to use the mobile target. And yes, hit bash for every attach you want to do.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    No it doesn't, to my knowledge, but what I meant was just add them to the auto targetter and AT/Bash on and it'll use both arms for swinging.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2014
    I find this to be awesome. And really user friendly.

I tried out the auto, and it's still just depending on the one arm. Hits with the right, waits for balance then swings again only with the right.

Sorry if it sounds like I am complaining. I'm just good at breaking these sort of things.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
    Yeah, speaking with chade, it's not supported for DW the way its predecessor was. It's something he's aware of, if he chooses to implement or not is his decision.

• @Isluna

I've done a temporary fix for you as I'll have to modify the installer and do some other tweaks to put dual wield warriors in properly.

Delete everything in the kbashingattack script and copy/paste this over the top: http://pastebin.com/CUmEF0NY

Let me know if it works.
  • @Chade

It works perfectly.. Both manual bashing and auto. Thank you. You didn't have to. I do apreciate it though.

• @Isluna - you're welcome :D
  • edited April 2014
    In the group bashing linking triggers
    if groupbashlinking and #mob_number = (mobnumber or 4) then
    should be
    if groupbashlinking and #mob_number <= (mobnumber or 4) then
    if you want it to be less than x number of mobs in the room. That way it will also work for only linking with zero mobs in the room, handy when not demi-awesome yet :D Also, your mobnumber default seems to be set at 4 which conflicts with the alias (astrallinking on) that says two or less mobs in the room.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Very new to the game and to scripting in Lua in general, so figured I'd start learning here. Trying to edit the code so that it will run without m&m system, and I've run into a few snags. Not sure if you'd be willing to answer but maybe someone will.

Firstly, could someone tell me what these scripts do? Not sure whether it would be undermining if you sent me the code for the entire script, so if the creator of the m&m doesn't feel comfortable with that, a rough description of what its supposed to be doing would be helpful:

//The issue is that there is multiple references to the same status, so I am unsure what they are supposed to be returning
    mm.valid.proper_prone()
    mm.valid.simpleunknowncrippledleg()
    mm.valid.proper_blind()
    mm.valid.simpleparalysis()
    mm.valid.simplestupidity()
    mm.valid.proper_deaf()
    mm.valid.simpleunknowncrippledarm()
    mm.valid.proper_chill()
    mm.valid.proper_tangle()

//The fact that there is a separate subset for .affl and .valid makes me think I may have bitten off more than I can chew, heh
    mm.affl.paralysis
    mm.affl.prone
    mm.affl.tangle
    mm.affl.roped
    mm.affl.vines
    mm.affl.crippledleftarm
    mm.affl.crippledrightarm
    mm.affl.crippledleftleg
    mm.affl.crippledrightleg
    mm.affl.aeon

//The one and only time of the use of .defc
    mm.defc.trueblind

//And a bunch of random functions I'm sure will end up being the bulk of the work
    mm.dofreefirst()               -E.g.  mm.dofreefirst("link node")
    mm.prompttrigger()          -E.g.  mm.prompttrigger("Astral Unlink", function () astral.unlink(false) end )
    mm.adddefinition()           -E.g.  mm.adddefinition("@fullprone", "fullprone()")
    mm.me.wielded[]             -E.g.  mm.me.wielded[_G[dtype.."whipnumber"]]

Sorry for the inconvenience, but without owning m&m, I have no idea what these functions are supposed to do. A fair few other calls to mm. I just replaced with gmcp calls, which seem to work. However I feel as though the rest will not be so easily fixed
  • Vadi's documentation of m&m is open viewing. The answers to your questions are all there, but I'm not sure if this addon is usable without m&m.

http://doc.mm.vadisystems.com/

• m&m is closed-source so nobody of us knows what is going on inside. Well not unless you crack it open and have a look, which certainly is possible. However I doubt Vadi will take kindly to people doing that and sharing the code.

Speculation: I think valid is related to illusion checking? It seems likely though since they are functions, with the affl ones seem to be booleans. Trueblind on its own is weird, it's a sort of special def, but I'd have expected truedeaf in the same namespace then too. As for the functions, look at the documentation that Lerad linked. 
  • You could modify the system to work without m&m but it's a fair amount of work. Basially you'd need to make your own affliction tracking system, queue system and wield/unwield tracker then replace all of the m&m specific stuff I've used. Probably not the easiest place to start learning coding if I'm honest.
  • I'm short cutting a lot of it by tampering a bit with the Medic! system. Overall it actually doesn't seem too bad, but my inexperience with how the client hands over affliction information is slowing me down (such as crippled vs broken). However you only check for a small handful of afflictions so its so far manageable. As for the wielding and unwielding, I doubt I'll be able to do anything with that and may just shut off that entire side of it, since I have no idea how any of that works (again new to the game).

The m&m stuff isn't that bad either, -so far-. I have experience with coding, just never with Lua. If I get anywhere with this I'll let you know
  • edited June 2014
    Ahh, if you've got previous coding experience outside of LUA you'll be fine. There's loads of bits to the basher you can shut down if you need to. Basically I just check for things that might stop me attacking, blind, paralysed, broken limbs etc. For the afflictions just consider stuff like mm.affl.aeon or mm.affl.tangled to be true/false checks and the functions with affliction names are basically just ways of setting this variables to true or false. If Medic has variables for the individual afflictions just substitute out the m&m variables for the medic ones.

The wield/unwield stuff in the functions should be fairly simple to fix too.

Oh, do make sure you disable all the custom prompt stuff - since that definitely won't work - you can pretty much just delete anything that says mm.adddefinition since that's used to add custom tags to custom prompts.

The one thing that may need some explaining is this: mm.me.wielded[_G[dtype.."whipnumber"]] which was basically a fairly hacky way for me to get it to check what type of whip was wielded - so basically this checks the global name for the dtype variable (fire, divinus, excorable - whatever whip type you're currently using based off the damage type) and turns it into the proper variable i.e. divinuswhipnumber, firewhipnumber etc.

if you do manage to get it working with the medic system please consider releasing it on this thread, I'd be happy to provide the hosting. Would love to see this available for more systems.
  • edited June 2014
    Ok so I got it working.. mostly.

Due to limitations of not having m&m, I have cut out all beast skills, all uses of whips, the use of keeping up defenses (which in this case was only grip), all custom labels for prompts are gone, and a few other odds and ends I can't recall. However as a bare bones system it works.. sort of.

Known Bugs:
    When you cure a broken bone, you apply mending again.
    Sometimes the autobasher just stops working entirely. Manual bashing and auto looting still function. Can't figure out entirely why but I have a feeling it has something to do with trying to attack when balance is off. Or it might not have anything to do with that.

Things I haven't tested:
    Influencing. Don't know how it works or how to do it besides my one collegium quest, so I've left it be.
    Custom prompt. I may yet test this to see how it goes, or I may not.

I'll find a way of getting the file onto the forums once I get permission from @Tulemrah to post the edited version of his Medic! system (you'd need the version I supply as it has had some modifications added to it. Nothing too major though).

edit: Also doesn't include any defences to illusions. No idea how they work or what they look like, so... yeah
  • edited June 2014
    Cause I'm stupid and forgot how to edit posts.

Autobasher works fine, I'm just an idiot. It will not continue to bash with auto target activated to reduce spam. It will keep swinging if there's a valid target, else you will need to disable it and use the manual system.

The system still tries to mend after bones have been fixed, dont know why.

All custom prompts do not work, so just say no for them when installing. At some point I will get around to deleting them (assuming @Chade doesn't beat me to the punch).

He has my current draft, and once I get the permissions I'm sure he will provide it here on the forums.

Edit: oops, there is a bug. The autobasher does sometimes stop working. I think it has something to do with clearing some priority list when you drink a potion or dont drink a potion or something. Haven't figured it out yet
  • Thanks @Zael, haven't had a chance to go through it yet but I'll give it a look over and once you get the go ahead from Tulemrah I'll release it. Appreciate the work you've put into it.
  • edited June 2014
    Oh as a side note, I've updated my basher/influencer. 

Changelog:

The new version includes the urBash linking script for running urBashes. Notes on this, it requires the person linking to muster and run the squad, it'll automatically attempt to add anyone to the squad who sends you a tell saying Squad me. Unlinks from the node when a certain threshold is reached. You can set the link levels with ASTRAL LINKING 1 2 or 3. 1 being the slowest, 3 being the fastest. Turn the linking script on with ASTRAL LINKING ON and off with ASTRAL LINKING OFF. Credit for the urBash stuff should go to @Uruk, the vast majority of the code is his I just tweaked it a bit to work with the bashing system.

This version also has a minor update to the influencer which should fix the problem of it trying to influence two creatures at once in certain locations.

Final note, I got bored of taking all the tables out before posting the system so it now comes pre-populated with all of my bashing and influencing targets. Remember to edit out anything in the tables you don't want, also remember to change your village influencing attacks if you update the basher.

• Oops, if you've downloaded the basher in the past five minutes redownload it. Forgot to include some triggers.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    You're a gem, Chade.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• So, I'm on my own trying to test this. I have it set to re-link when there's 2 mobs in the room and to let the link pulse once... but it just never unlinks. I was thinking this might have something to do with the fact that the script for the "link pulse" trigger is kinda empty.

What am I doing wrong?
  • edited June 2014
    @Belibi, assuming you're using the ASTRAL MOBNUMBER and ASTRAL LINKNUMBER aliases? Those are actually obsolete and grandfathered in from an older astral linking system - I'll remove them at some point. 

To make the new astral linking system work all you need to do is SQUAD MUSTER. In a squad size of 1 the script is designed like this: at level 1 it will unlink if 2 or more astral mobs are in the room, at level 2 if 3 or more are in the room and at level 3 if 4 or more are in the room. Once the squad size starts to increase it gradually tones down how many creatures are in the room.
  • i wanted to look at this for ~inspiration~ but it appears the link is dead :(
  • @Reyl / anyone else.

Will host it on my website for the foreseeable future for anyone looking to nab it.
    ClickyClick
  • Since @Chade has retired... I'll attempt to assist people as I can.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • I took over development from Chade. I am planning to have an updated version ready this week, which will have fixes for the gripping changes + some influence stuff. I also have a bug list I am working through. If you think you've found a bug, report it to me and be as descriptive as possible. Logs appreciated.
  • Thanks @Rialorm, I was doing it for @Chade's rep...
    Miss that Dude!
    Is also the Shintar.
  • I do too. Met him at the London meet this year, stellar guy. We spoke about code like proper geeks do. Was considering helping him with it before he poofed so that is why I said I'd like to take over his work, which he agreed to. It's all in all a really good thing to have and it seems to help so many people, so it is also a way for me to give back to the community. I will probably start a new thread come the first update I release, will also then put up the todo list and changelog for the script so double reports can be avoided.