I had a dream

I don't typically remember my dreams, so I've felt like sharing this one. I'm sharing it here because when I was thinking about the first part of the dream while awake, I just pictured it all taking place in Lusternia, though it wasn't explicitly that in the dream. The other reason is because Shuyin showed up in it briefly at one point near the end. I had to log in and make sure he hadn't switched to a mage and was dreamweaving on me, 'cus I don't know why else I'd be dreaming about him suddenly. D:

My dream began with this small child. There was something creepy about him, but I couldn't tell what. There was also something kind of sad, though. My perspective was always following him around, looking where he was, like I was staring over his shoulder, so I couldn't really get a good look at him. He was in the middle of the wilderness, in a bright forest that felt familiar and safe. The child was soon approached by three other children whom I can't really remember much about. There was really big and round one, and the middle sized one seemed to be the one leading them. Got the sense that all four of the children were somehow part of the same community.

They started to follow the creepy kid around, but they were just curious about him, and genuinely wanted to be friendly and help him. The creepy kid just wanted to be left alone though, and started running away from them. They just followed him around, chasing along all over the forest, until the kid tried to run out to this rocky area, around a large stony hill. The three others just made a comment about how they had done laps around there before, and kept following. It was at this point the the kid stopped to yell at them, and that I got actually have a real look at him and his face, and it turned out he was some kind of terrifying shadowy creature. He was covered in a smokey blackness, and the two feature I could actually make out were narrow eyes that were glowing bright red, and he had 4 or 5 of them, and that he had a very wide, upturned mouth, full of large, jagged teeth. So this kid starts ranting at them, that he is terrible and deserves punishment and misery, so they should just leave him alone. 

The monstery kid then tries to hide down in some caves that were in the hill, which were behind a locked trap door, but he had the key for some reason. He was in such a frantic rush though that he leaves the key in the door, and when he tries to go back and retrieve it, the other children are already climbing into the tunnel. He runs off into the tunnels, and I got to have a brief view of a like, stylized map of the tunnels, just enough to see that there was a maze of them with various things located down there. The kid ends up running into a dead end chamber, where he climbs up the wall and attempts to hide in a corner of the ceiling. 

At this point my alarm started going off, and I woke up briefly. I ended up going right back to sleep though, and the dream picked up with something entirely different. I'll write another post for that part in a bit.

When I was just thinking over this part later in the day, I just immediately saw it as taking place in Serenwilde, the creepy kid being an illithoid who was for some reason adopted into the commune when little, acquired Serenwilde's hatred against his kind, and gets a complex and starts hating himself and considering himself a monster. The other kids were novices who didn't actually know what an illithoid was yet, and were following him around when he runs up to the Razine and then down into the UV. A friend of mine were trying to tell me it was a dream about my self-esteem issues and anti-social behavior, but I like it as a sad Lusternia story better. :p

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Write a bardic!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited February 2014
    When I went back to sleep, the dream picked up again in a large chamber, that I just recall being rather ornate, and having lava flowing through it. There was a very large group of people gathered in it, and the leader of them was this one lady. Like the kid from before I was constantly following her around, seeing the dream from over her shoulder and only got a look at her from behind. She was really tall and slender, and just wearing a long white gown, and had long curly silvery hair. Her appearance kind of reminded me of Galadriel's from the LotR movies, and thinking it over more later, also got kind of a Daenerys vibe from her.

I think the room they were all gathered in was some kind of special forge, because of the lava, and because the lady was holding up this fancy spear, that I knew was magical and brand new. She starts leading everybody upwards out of the chamber though, along the way there magical barriers that are blocking them, but she just goes up and violently bodyslams her way through them, as well as smashing open these huge doors with her bare hands. The come out into a large empty room, that's like the antechamber to the place they're in, and she continues to the main gate while everybody else just kind of spreads out around the room. Once she is outside, it's apparent this place is some kind of fortress that is built into the side of a volcano, that is currently being besieged by a massive, evil dragon. And she just walks outside to go take the thing on alone. 

The dragon had the same kind of magical barrier around it that was blocking their path before, and she can smash through it just as easily, but that only really stuns the dragon briefly when she does so, to actually follow up and attack the dragon is what the magic spear was for, it's one of the few things powerful enough to actual harm the dragon. So the lady is standing just outside the main gate, having a back and forth with the dragon. It tries sending dragonflame at her, but she can protect herself from it, so the dragon's forced to try to charge her and claw and bite, but when it does so she basically just bitch slaps it down, shattering it's barrier and knocking it away, even though the thing utterly massive compared to her. However she has trouble following up with the spear and can't manage to land any serious blows before the dragon recovers and backs off again.

The dragon gets fed up after awhile, and starts roaring and shouting something about people in the south, and east, and this apparently started making all the people back inside the fortress start freaking out. She has to run back inside, and her and a few others that weren't affected, start trying to calm everybody down and dispelling whatever weird magic the dragon put over them. In the middle of this confusion, a guy in a horse and carriage rides up. I have no idea how he snuck past the dragon and neither does anybody else. The guy was some kind of annoying benefactor. A guy that the lady tried to keep happy, because he provided important support and it would be rude to turn him down, but he's always frustrating to deal with. She passes him off to some other members of her entourage and rushes back outside because the dragon is doing who KNOWS what.

When she went outside this time, she was followed out by none other than Shuyin, who was the only person in the entire dream to have a name. Apparently my subconscious still has him filed away under badass warrior, because he was filling the role of this lady's champion. It was also implied by the dream, that he was another thing capable of actually harming the dragon, just from being that skilled. Unfortunately he didn't also possess whatever ability let the lady so easily smash through the dragon's barrier, and resist being incinerate by fire, which is why she was opting to fight it herself. 

Upon seeing Shuyin, the dragon's reaction was to utter a very upset "Yooooouuuuuu." and shift focus onto him, because apparently it just hates him a lot for some reason. Though also because he'd be more flammable than the lady was being. The lady tells  him to go back inside, saying to stop distracting the dragon, because she needs it focus on her. So Shuyin promptly gets shoo'd away into the back before getting to do anything besides being an implied badass. The lady and the dragon go back to the fighting they were doing before, but after awhile more, a hit on the dragon causes the magic spear to break apart, apparently it wasn't very durable. She grabs up the pieces of it and rushes back inside with them. She still doesn't want to have Shuyin come out attack the dragon, not wanting to risk him getting burned alive, and starts consulting with others among her followers, trying to figure out how they could repair the spear. 

While they were discussing that, I woke up again, and realized I had overslept by an hour and was almost late for work, so it all ended there. 

Did not see much immediately obvious connection to Lusternia in this part of it, besides Shuyin inexplicably showing up in it. I can't even remember when the last time I interacted with him directly was, what are you doing in my dreams! Maybe my brain just needed some epic warrior to place in the role and he was the first one it pulled out. 

I kind of want to make up something directly connecting the events of the two parts of the dream. Like the creepy kid was dragon, and the three kids following him around were that lady, Shuyin, and the third one was killed by the dragon when little. Or perhaps since I was following the view of both that kid and the lady, and never got to see her face like it was most of the time with him, he actually grew up to be her. 

@Shaddus: I was thinking about doing that. I might give it a shot, yeah. :o