Quietly, you say to Diniah, "I'm still considering doing it, dearest."

Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "I know dear one."

You say to Diniah, "And likely...it likely wouldn't go well for me."

Diniah gives a pained sigh.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "Likely not."
Diniah grabs protectively at you.

You frown and say, "And I still feel like I -have- to do it."

Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "I wish you would wait love."

You say to Diniah, "What...what will that get me? More doubts, and nagging at my head..."
You crease your brow in a frown.
You say, "A part of me...a part of me just wants to be over and done with it, so I can say I tried..."

Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud nods slightly.

Voice catching slightly, you say to Diniah, "And then...and then I can give up on -her-...on my friend ever being again."

Showing that she understands, Diniah nods her head slowly.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "If that is what you need dear one."
The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Diniah's lips.

You whisper to Diniah, "And maybe pretend that it's another...with the same name...and the same face..."
Softly, you say to Diniah, "And it wouldn't hurt so divines damned much anymore."

Diniah reaches out to tenderly cup your cheek in her hand.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "If that is your need dear one, then do so."

(Travel spam to outside of Viravain's Fulcrux)

You say to Diniah, "Perhaps...perhaps you shouldn't come. In case I anger Her."

Diniah shakes her head.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "I come with you where you go."

You say, "I don't think I could live with myself if She harms you."

Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "She should not harm me dear one. She is not that capricious."

(Entered Viravain's Fulcrux)

Tarkenton blinks, observing his surroundings for a moment before bowing jerkily to the shrine.

Eerie whispers echo around you from some unknown source, before fading into silence once more.
Diniah smiles softly.

Voice quiet, respectful, you say, "Lady Viravain, I...I'm no good at this sort of thing. I...the last time," he trails off, mouth dry. He looks at Diniah, then jerks his gaze back onto the shrine. "I've come to speak with you, Lady, about one I think is Yours. About fixing what I think that You have...err...broken."
Tarkenton's skin bulges slightly, the golden lines imprinted in his scars seeming to dance on his skin.
Unheeding of his skin, you say, "Zouviqil was full of life, kindness, caring...love even, Lady. She and I shared something wonderful, perhaps not at the end...but wonderful all the same. Don't mistake my words, I do not wish our bond to return...I just...she remembers nothing, Lady. And I think she is inferior for it. And that You were mistaken in whatever was wrought within her."

Diniah tells you, "Dear one, have care."

Words pouring form his mouth in a rush, you say, "Keep her memories of me from her, if You like. I don't care about me, but stripping her of all love, and compassion and caring is -not- right. Not for those that loved her, not for her...not for the love she held for the Wyrd or that I suspect she has for You."
Tarkenton itches absently at his arm, the movements under his skin still escaping him.
You whisper, "Don't...don't...don't let her be half of what she once was. She has others to mend her, and I'd rather she hate me than not care for them."
Tarkenton bows respectfully to the shrine, his skin settling.
You intone, "Be well, Lady Viravain, and I beg you, consider my words."

Diniah curtseys gracefully before the master shrine of Viravain.

Tarkenton bows jerkily to the master shrine of Viravain once more.

(Exit Viravain's Fulcrux)

Diniah tells you, "Dear one."
Diniah tells you, "A favour please."
Diniah smiles softly at you.

You tell Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud, "Don't hold any large metal rods for the next few months?"

Diniah tells you, "Can you take me to His fulcrux please? I would pray a moment."

(Flailing finding Nocht's Fulcrux and entering it)

Diniah humbly drops one knee to the ground before the master shrine of Nocht, genuflecting reverently in its presence.

Tarkenton bows jerkily to the master shrine of Nocht.

The image above churns violently as a hollow voice whispers, "Did you just come to stare, little 
ones?"

Diniah blinks.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "No Lord. Just..at a loss for words. I."
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud gulps nervous.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "I had intended to pray to You but...the words failed me."
Diniah shivers violently.
Diniah's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

You say, "I did not, Lord Nocht...but I believe that," he gestures at Diniah, "the Acolyte here wished to pray on my behalf, I think."

Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud nods slowly, eyes wide.

The blackthorn shudders, sending showers of white petals across the fulcrux as a soft voice whispers, "On your behalf? To what end?"
An unease washes over you as you feel the Silent Lord's attention shifted in your direction.

Tarkenton closes his eyes, shuddering as he weakly says, "Likely because I'm a very, very foolish bear, and am likely to be subject to the Lady of Thorn's tender mercies soon."

A wry smile spreads across Diniah's face.

Leaning in close to Tarkenton, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "And in what way have you been foolish?"

Softly, Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "He wishes to save his friend Lord."
In a sad voice, Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "And I think he wishes to save her from what the Lady has done to her of some reasons of Her own."

Averting his eyes from His form, you say to Nocht, "I have questioned Her wisdom in Her actions, Lord Nocht."

Nocht, the Silent dissolves into wisps of shadows which spiral around the blackthorn tree before reforming once more, looking down from above.
Tilting His head, His face impassive, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Do elaborate..."

You murmur, "Where to begin..."

Quietly, Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "Long ago Lord..Tarkenton and the Priestess Zouviqil entered into a bond blessed by Mother Moon and Mother Night. Recently, that bond was broken. Tarkenton paid the price of that breaking with massive pain and scarring. The Priestess paid.. in a way .. with the loss of all memory of this bond. It is believed that the Lady had a hand in that."
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "However, she has."
Diniah creases her brow in a frown.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "She has changed entirely from what she once was."

Acolyte Tarkenton d'Illici, Shroud of Midnight opens his mouth to speak, and stops as Diniah explains on his behalf.

You very sadly say, "More than just with loss of memory...-she- isn't herself...she claims to have never loved and...and even though I hate her, my heart breaks for her."
His face unchanging, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Why?"

Staring at the floor, you say to Nocht, "Because without love, Lord Nocht, why exist? I've read Clangorum's work...I've studied history, and I think that You would understand that, wouldn't You?"

With a sad frown, Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "She does not even love the Wyrd anymore Lord."

You shake your head at Diniah.
You say to Diniah, "That's...not accurate, I don't think. She thinks that she -is- the Wyrd, personified as much as it is possible."

Nocht, the Silent alights on the ground once more, drifting forwards and leaning down until His own face is right before yours.
Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Do you think I have no reason to exist, My little one?"

Acolyte Tarkenton d'Illici, Shroud of Midnight's visibly steels himself, and looks steadily into Nocht's face. "I think you care deeply for our Mother, Lord Nocht. And that is reason enough," he replies, voice steady.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Diniah's lips.

Voice still managing to be steady, you say, "It may not be romantic love, eros as it were. But from my little knowledge, I think that it may be like the love that a Father has for a Daughter."

Almost to Himself, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "How disappointing that it takes you each so long to learn these lessons..."

Glancing down, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "My kind do not feel in a way you would comprehend, dear little one. Such is the limit of your perception."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "But I know your kind is stubborn on this topic until the lesson is learned the difficult way... So what is it you'd have Me do?"

Smiling wanly, you say to Nocht, "I have resigned myself to my fate, whatever it may be, Lord Nocht. I brought Diniah here, so that she might pray. That question is hers to answer, I think."

Softly, Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "Lord, I honestly know not what I intended to ask of You. Only that .."
Diniah chews on her lip, deep in thought.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "Maybe that You would give us the strength we both need to face this matter. It is one that is petty to You, with the major concerns You must face each day, I know. But it is of great importance to us in our own foolish way."

Nocht raises an eyebrow questioningly.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "Silly, I know Lord. But it is the thought that struck me when we left Her fulcrux."
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "To come here."
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "This is where I felt would calm me..maybe help me find the words to help him."
Diniah smiles softly.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "I never intended, nor expected, to distract You from what You were doing."

You nod your head at Diniah, showing your acceptance.

With a soft smile, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "F'ai Glomdoring."
Nocht, the Silent whispers, "I doubt any comfort is to be had if dear Viravain seeks him out."

A wry smile spreads across Diniah's face.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "True Lord. And we both knew that would be a likely result of his actions."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "I find you both interesting, however. I am curious to see how you fare through your tribulations. I am certain they will be horrific..."
With a small nod, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Walk in the shadows, little ones."
The surrounding shadows wane, falling back in despondent melancholy as the form of Nocht, the Silent dissolves into wisps of shadow.
Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "Thank You Lord."
You say, "And may they cloak your every design, Lord Nocht."

Diniah curtseys gracefully.

Tarkenton bows jerkily.

(Exit Nocht's Fulcrux)

Diniah shivers violently.
Weakly, Acolyte Diniah, Midnight Shroud says, "Oh."

Tarkenton lets out a deep breath and begins shaking all over, skin bulging grotesquely for a few seconds until it settles.

Comments

• Oh so much thank you for this. I have never been so very freaked out since I started playing. He was wonderful to jump in and interact with us like that. Even if the silly faeling nearly tripped over her own tongue when He spoke.

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    This was fun to read.

Going to be pretty fun to see what happens from it, all things considered!
  • Awesome. This fills me with a morbid curiosity for what awful things Vira might do. Do post whatever happens next. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    This is the best part:

Nocht, the Silent alights on the ground once more, drifting forwards and leaning down until His own face is right before yours.
    Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Do you think I have no reason to exist, My little one?"
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Nocht creeps me out. I like it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Not gonna lie, I was holding in a fan girl squee most of the time this was going on.

That means that I must admit to yelping loud enough to wake half of my house when He spoke. I was quite enjoying hiding that.

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll