Log Vault: Lord Ariel and Lady Naralis

This is the tale of Lord Ariel and Lady Naralis, minus all the spam of life in Lusternia. It is dated February 7, 2011 and is from the Festival of Lights costume contest and is from the perspective of Aeral.

(Celest): You say, "All those who have a costume to present, please meet in the park gazebo."

Sir Inagin La'Saet, Dagger of Dawn says, "Greetings, Lord Ariel, Lady Naralis."

Inagin inclines his head politely to those around him.

A pulsing white glow forms in the air, and Terentia emerges from within it.

Naralis shifts his eyes suspiciously from side to side.

Naralis bows respectfully to Terentia.

You say to Naralis, "Your title need reflect it."

With a careful eye, Terentia balances a palette of paints in one hand and props a canvas on Her knee. After pondering your profile, She attacks the canvas with furious brush strokes and soon has created a painting of Aeral.

You kneel before Terentia, swearing your allegiance to Her.

Terentia is enveloped by a pulsing white light and when it fades, She is gone.

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

You say, "OH DEAR GODDESS."

Sir Inagin La'Saet, Dagger of Dawn says, "Greetings Lo... err Lady Terentia."

Kelly gives the world a smart salute.

Inagin drops one knee to the ground, genuflecting in sheer reverence.

Inagin snaps his fingers.

Sir Inagin La'Saet, Dagger of Dawn frowns and says, "Disappeared."

With a careful eye, Kelly balances a palette of paints in one hand and props a canvas on her knee. After pondering Naralis's profile, she attacks the canvas with furious brush strokes and soon has created a painting of Naralis.

Dynami laughs out loud.

Lady Naralis Dekoven, Grand Inquisitor says, "There. Happy?"

Lady Kelly La'Saet, Marshal of the Dove says, "Quite."

You say, "I'm not really..."

You ponder the situation.

You say, "My makeup does not reflect being a man."

Lady Naralis Dekoven, Grand Inquisitor says, "No makeup for me. I put my foot down on that one."

You brandish a purple tincture menacingly.

(Celest): You say, "We shall now proceed with the judging. Should there be any others participating, please let me know at this time."

(Celest): You say, "And a note to all you handsome and beautiful competitors, please let me know who is participating."

Inagin begins to wield the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000 in his right hand.

You tell Lady Kelly La'Saet, Marshal of the Dove, "Do a painting of me?"

With a careful eye, Kelly balances a palette of paints in one hand and props a canvas on her knee. After pondering your profile, she attacks the canvas with furious brush strokes and soon has created a painting of Aeral.

Kelly gives a painting of Aeral to you.

Kelly tells you, "Happy to oblige."

She is a regal aslaran titan and holds herself proudly with a sort of mischievious air about her. Her entire body vibrates slightly, as if controlling the urge to bounce up and down. Her thick, mid-length midnight fur is tinted with flecks of gray-blue around her ears, face, tail and soft
underbelly, a sharp contrast to violet eyes streaked with icy blue that dart around warily. Straight black, mane-like hair streaks down to the tops of her shoulders, giving her more of a human appearance despite the fur, and her canine-like snout slopes to a distinctly feminine feline nose, displaying her heritage of loboshigaru, but also the dominant aslaran blood in her. A long, inky tail stretches out with a little puff of fluffy fur at the end of it. Whiskers tinted blue show her close relation to water despite her race, on either side of a mouth that reveals white daggers. Her pointed ears are large but feminine, though made more for the ability to hear than for a pleasurable appearance. She is tall for her race and gender, towering at approximately 6'8", and leans toward the chubby side, but is overall well toned. Full breasts indicate her having grown into adulthood. Various tiny scars decorate her body in the form of paler fur, along with three dominant marks across her neck which are obvious by the lines of missing fur, clean and smooth from the bite of a blade, showing her vulnerability during combat. The symbol of Lady Terentia is borne proudly on her right shoulder, branded into her skin and fur for life. She stands tall as a strong yet modest individual. She is wearing a pair of black dress socks, Prayer Beads of Terentia, a mirrored vambrace, a pair of handsome men's trousers, a fine shirt of deep red, and a gold trimmed pirate captain's hat. She walks with the truefavour of Terentia.
It has 253 months of usefulness left.
It weighs about 37 pounds.
It bears the distinctive mark of Lady Kelly La'Saet, Marshal of the Dove.

Kelly tells you, "Free of charge for such a handsome Lord."

You roll your eyes towards Kelly and smack your forehead with your palm.

Sir Inagin La'Saet, Dagger of Dawn says, "Any second place prizes for this?"

You shake your head.

Inagin ponders Naralis thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

You say, "First in the male category, and first in female."

Lord Sipelus Inalai says to Naralis, "Which are you competing for, sir?"

Lady Naralis Dekoven, Grand Inquisitor says, "Both."

Dynami chuckles long and heartily.

You say, "Naralis, what have you to show us?"

Inagin plants the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000 on the ground, feverishly pushing the buttons
along its side in a clicking melody. As the sparkatron flashes, rumbles and whirls in response,
coloured sparks begin to fly out of the contraption. Aiming a well-placed kick at a flashing red
button, Inagin covers his ears as a bright ball of flaming sparks shoots up into the air.
                          +=======+
               * * * * * *| BOOM! |* * * * * *
                          +=======+
You are too close to the fireworks and are caught in the blazing explosion!
Your flesh is charred, and you receive first degree burns.

He is a shaggy igasho demigod and He is a shaggy igasho demigod and nearly thirteen feet in height. A thick coat of radiant white fur covers him almost entirely, reaching its longest at his head, forearms and shins. His muscles strain against the skin beneath his fur, leaving the rest of his body visibly chiseled by years of rigorous training. A set of inquisitive blue eyes peer forth from his features beneath a heavily scarred brow, while slender lips and a hairless white nose add a touch of softness to an otherwise fierce visage. A michevious air surrounds him as he surveys his surroundings in silence. He has long black hair that flows from the top of his head. The bangs have been meticulously trimmed, coming to a halt right above his eyebrows. He is wearing a gold and ivory watch bearing an amphora, a silver backpack, a white silk blouse, an angled, short black skirt, a pair of elegant white satin shoes, an exquisite sheer white veil, and a pair of delicate gold satin gloves.

You say, "Ack."

Inagin twiddles his thumbs.

Lady Naralis Dekoven, Grand Inquisitor says, "Examine me."

You ponder Naralis thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

Sir Inagin La'Saet, Dagger of Dawn says, "Ewwwwww."

You say, "A veil and heels..."

Your eyes bug out as you boggle in amazement.

You say, "Skirt...?!"

Dynami chuckles long and heartily.

You say, "Short, no less."

Aqua Transfer Arix Carthan says, "Remember Arin's tree costume?"

Kelly places both hands over her eyes, blocking the world from sight.

You nod your head at Arix.

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Naralis gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.

You look around furtively, bring your hand to your mouth and release a small 'teehee'.

Sir Inagin La'Saet, Dagger of Dawn says, "And whatever I have on now."

You say, "Arix, your costume?"

Aqua Transfer Arix Carthan says, "I'm dressed as a seizure."

Your eyes widen slightly and the corner of your right eye starts to tic uncontrollably.

You say, "Anyone else?"

You blink.

You ponder Arix thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

You ponder Naralis thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

You ponder Inagin thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

(Celest): You say, "No one else is participating in the costume contest?"

The rustling of leaves and the murmur of wind through branches precedes the entry of Hoaracle, the Forest Dreamer.

Your surroundings grow still and quiet as a palpable tension fills the air, heralding the emergence of Shikari, the Predator from the ether.

At the park gazebo.
This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. A jade dragon turtle with white wings
rests here, an air of majesty on her features. Kelly is here, both hands covering her eyes. She
wields a gleaming ivory-handled rapier in each hand. Aqua Transfer Arix Carthan is here. He wields a
massive astral shield in his left hand and a coral staff in his right. Hoaracle, the Forest Dreamer
spreads His roots across the ground here. He wields a gnarled wooden chromapen in His left hand.
Lord Sipelus Inalai radiates an aura of severity and calm as he lingers here. He wields a screaming
demon battlehammer in each hand. Sir Inagin La'Saet, Dagger of Dawn lingers here, bursts of
multicoloured light randomly exploding in and out of existence. He wields a rapier of the Holy Flame
in his left hand and the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000 in his right. Lady Naralis Dekoven, Grand
Inquisitor looms here, projecting an aura of command. Shikari, the Predator lurks here, a tense,
primal aura emanating from His form.
You see exits leading west and northwest.

Inagin blinks.

Inagin blinks.

You peer at Shikari unscrupulously.

Sir Inagin La'Saet, Dagger of Dawn says, "I'm scared."

Hoaracle, the Forest Dreamer says, "Hoom hoom hoom."

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

Kelly blinks.

Shikari narrows His eyes at Hoaracle in an unnerving manner.

"Heh heh heh" you chuckle.

Naralis bows respectfully to Hoaracle.

You say, "Please don't fight."

Lady Kelly La'Saet, Marshal of the Dove says, "Hail."

You bow respectfully to Hoaracle.

Naralis bows respectfully to Shikari.

You bow respectfully to Shikari.

With a flourish of his arm, Sipelus bows deeply.

Shikari, the Predator glares at the mortals surrounding Him, a deep snarl in His throat.

You nod your head emphatically.

A flash of white light erupts around Shikari, revealing the Even Bladed.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince tosses a few branches aside.

Naralis bows respectfully to Terentia.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "Hoom hoom."

Terentia, the Even Bladed says to Lyreth, "I think My costume was quite scary."

Naralis bows respectfully to Lyreth.

You say, "May I announce that Lady Naralis is the winner of the costume contest, for the female division."

You snicker softly to yourself.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says to Terentia, "Perhaps, but Mine was more convincing."

You say, "And to Arix, for the male division."

Terentia gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.

Inagin says, "Pssshhhh..."

You ponder Terentia thoughtfully, looking Her up and down.

You say, "Would you like a tiara, my Lady?"

Terentia, the Even Bladed says, "It took Me hours to pretend to be brooding and glaring."

Terentia, the Even Bladed says, "..A tiara?"

You hide a grin behind your hand.

Terentia gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.

Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince says, "Odd. It only took Me five minutes to pretend to be vapid and disinterested."

Terentia, the Even Bladed says to Lyreth, "Hmph. Shards."

Terentia is enveloped by a pulsing white light and when it fades, She is gone.

You give a starlight tiara to Lady Naralis Dekoven, Grand Inquisitor.

Lyreth throws His hands up and sighs with exasperation, "Women!"

Motes of incandescent light whirl about Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince before dispersing, leaving naught but a faint melody hanging in the air.

You give a crown of the sea to Aqua Transfer Arix Carthan.

You look around furtively, bring your hand to your mouth and release a small 'teehee'.