TarxUI

TarkentonTarkenton Traitor BearMember Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
edited December 2015 in Mechanic's Corner
Edit: Updated to TarxUI2.  Download has been updated as well.  See the last page for details.
Instructions

1) Create a new profile. Go to settings, turn on GMCP.
2b) To install m-mf, pick your class, download the file, open your profile in Mudlet, click Package Manager, click Install, install the downloaded file.  It'll run through, do its stuff.  Once it says it's done and starts spamming, qq and close Mudlet.  Reopen your profile.  Run mminstall and follow the instructions.
4) At this point, I'd recommend quitting Mudlet.  Open and login again, and everything should be working fine.
image
Post edited by Tarkenton on
Tagged:
«1345

Comments

  • DysDys Member Posts: 515 Expert
    I like that, it's clean and has all the important stuff in places where your eyes can easily flick to it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice Member Posts: 2,622 Transcendent
    An earwort tracker for a target would be awesome. ._.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

    #bringShikariback 


  • RiedRied Member Posts: 90 Master
    This looks really useful. Too bad my screen isn't wide enough for it. :(
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    @Ried maybe, maybe not. With one or two exceptions, the whole thing is percentage of screen based. What resolution do you run your screen at?
    image
  • RiedRied Member Posts: 90 Master
    Tarkenton said:
    @Ried maybe, maybe not. With one or two exceptions, the whole thing is percentage of screen based. What resolution do you run your screen at?
    1366 x 768. It can barely hold the game, the map, and the chat like the way you have it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    Hmm... I'm going to experiment with my laptop and see if I can make it work at that resolution somehow. @Siam‌, can you elaborate on earwort tracker? I know it gives true hearing which stops bard attacks, but I don't know the fine details.
    image
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice Member Posts: 2,622 Transcendent
    Oh, I just want to take note when the target eats earwort. Ideally, if I blanknote someone, it would turn the targets name yellow on one of the windows. If the target eats earwort, it would turn red.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

    #bringShikariback 


  • RialormRialorm Member Posts: 1,055 Transcendent
    Will new updates of the tracker be released separately or as part of the whole? I currently use your tracker and would be interested in the room thingie as well, but I have my own UI where I'd integrate it. 
    image
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • DiniahDiniah Member Posts: 81 Capable
    Oh. Oh it looks wonderful :) I cannot wait to play with it. :D
    image

    Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    edited March 2014
    Holy crap, that's two people that I've confirmed use my tracker.  I plan to keep it separate and updated, and just port the changes into the TarxUI package.  So for anyone that uses the tracker and doesn't want/doesn't need a UI, they're more than welcome to keep utilizing it.

    ...this means I need to document my code better, heh.

    Edit: Is there anything that I could add to the tracker that would make life easier for a Nekotai?
    image
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Three Lakes, WIMember Posts: 2,824 Transcendent
    I would totally buy this. It includes some of the things I miss since I moved to Linux and Mudlet full time.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

    Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

    Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    Well, you're in luck @Everiine, when I release it it's going to be free.  I won't say no to any donations thrown my way, but I don't intend to profit off of the work of others.
    image
  • RialormRialorm Member Posts: 1,055 Transcendent
    Well the crunches are obsolete for me, so maybe have class detection on that? Also, perhaps make toggling it on or off persistent through logout. That's what I have noted down right now to change to it.
    image
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    Guild detection is on my todo list, since I agree and hate having crunches displayed when I'm a SD. Originally, I wrote this for a Shofangi player, and when I released it I'd intended to update it to be universal, then I stopped playing for a good chunk of time and forgot about the project. I'll look into persistent settings tracking, seems like there's already a ton written about it so shouldn't be too hard. I'll make another call out here for anyone who has the information about their kill methods that are trackable by you to either post here or message me the information. I know researchers and illuminati have their special things, but I'd love to make this universal for the classes I have zero experience with.
    image
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.Member Posts: 7,751 Transcendent
    I'd buy/try this out, especially seeing as it doesn't require M&M.
    Bob Junior says, "I had a party hook onnce. Lost it iNsiDee of soMe buxsm dracnari maiden, I thiik."
  • BelibiBelibi Member Posts: 216 Master
    Tarkenton said:
    Guild detection is on my todo list, since I agree and hate having crunches displayed when I'm a SD. Originally, I wrote this for a Shofangi player, and when I released it I'd intended to update it to be universal, then I stopped playing for a good chunk of time and forgot about the project. I'll look into persistent settings tracking, seems like there's already a ton written about it so shouldn't be too hard. I'll make another call out here for anyone who has the information about their kill methods that are trackable by you to either post here or message me the information. I know researchers and illuminati have their special things, but I'd love to make this universal for the classes I have zero experience with.
    Two things you might be interested in.

    Firstly, gmcp.Char.Status.guild has your current guild (at the moment the value of mine is the string "Blacktalon (a Black Feather)"). Have your code vary it's behavior based on that and the user doesn't need to mess with any settings.

    Secondly, you can track every skill the person has access to using gmcp.Char.Skills. That requires a bit more support code (you'll need to use the list of skillsets to send a request for each list of skills and store those somewhere) but if you wanna vary different elements based on skill level it's well worth it.

    There are advantages to settings too since it lets users customize things for themselves rather than just being good for what YOU think they'd want. Just thought I'd point em out.
    image
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    Belibi said:
    Tarkenton said:
    Guild detection is on my todo list, since I agree and hate having crunches displayed when I'm a SD. Originally, I wrote this for a Shofangi player, and when I released it I'd intended to update it to be universal, then I stopped playing for a good chunk of time and forgot about the project. I'll look into persistent settings tracking, seems like there's already a ton written about it so shouldn't be too hard. I'll make another call out here for anyone who has the information about their kill methods that are trackable by you to either post here or message me the information. I know researchers and illuminati have their special things, but I'd love to make this universal for the classes I have zero experience with.
    Two things you might be interested in.

    Firstly, gmcp.Char.Status.guild has your current guild (at the moment the value of mine is the string "Blacktalon (a Black Feather)"). Have your code vary it's behavior based on that and the user doesn't need to mess with any settings.

    Secondly, you can track every skill the person has access to using gmcp.Char.Skills. That requires a bit more support code (you'll need to use the list of skillsets to send a request for each list of skills and store those somewhere) but if you wanna vary different elements based on skill level it's well worth it.

    There are advantages to settings too since it lets users customize things for themselves rather than just being good for what YOU think they'd want. Just thought I'd point em out.
    Thanks for the tips on gmcp.  I'd figured out the first, just been lazy and hadn't gotten around to doing it yet.  As for the second, my assumption is that if you're going for a kill method (mana drain to toad, wounds to do your finisher, etc) more than likely you HAVE to be trans to pull off the kill in the first place.  So it isn't something that I've been interested in doing.

    As for the settings point, it's a good point.  Something I've considered, but I'd been dragging my feet on learning how to keep settings persistent between sessions.  But having just looked at the manual, it doesn't look like it'll be all that hard to do.  So, more than likely I'll go that route and let people just pick and choose what they want to have set...hmm...ideas...:)
    image
  • BelibiBelibi Member Posts: 216 Master
    If it interests you, MKO's free public system recently introduced persistent settings. You could download that and dissect it if you're too lazy to write your own code.
    image
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer Member Posts: 1,538 Transcendent
    edited March 2014
    Knowing what skills a person through their guild is unreliable with class/skill-flexing. The best option is to run through the skills gmcp and check for certain skillsets being present. It's how I setup my attack alias so that I didn't have to manually go in and chance the command between chalice/staff everytime I decided to switch between Aquamancy and Aquachem. Persistent settings/variables can be done two ways, either with the remember, saveVars, and loadVars, or through putting all the variables in a table and saving the table using table.load/table.save.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

     Signature!


    Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    edited March 2014
    Edit: Derped something up.
    image
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    Double post, apologies, wanted to make sure this gets displayed as new for folks.  Up in the top post, there's an attachment to download and try out TarxUI 1.0.
    image
  • DiniahDiniah Member Posts: 81 Capable
    Tarkenton said:
    Double post, apologies, wanted to make sure this gets displayed as new for folks.  Up in the top post, there's an attachment to download and try out TarxUI 1.0.
    And it works wonderfully. I am playing with it as we speak. :D
    image

    Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.Member Posts: 7,751 Transcendent
    edited March 2014
    It looks amazing, but how do you resize the middle window? Otherwise, it cuts off the right side of the room.

    It also seems to be putting the entirety of the room's description into my chat box.
    Bob Junior says, "I had a party hook onnce. Lost it iNsiDee of soMe buxsm dracnari maiden, I thiik."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    edited March 2014
    If I had to guess, your room color is set to the same as the says color in the yatco triggers.  Change one or the other accordingly, and that should fix that.  As for the middle window, click settings, go to main window, and adjust the left and right border widths.  You can also try adjusting the word wrapping to avoid cutoff.
    image
  • AlaryAlary Member Posts: 450 Expert
    Question. Could the timer stuff work with meld timers. Like firewalls/walls and effects and reality and stuff like that? Because hnnnng, not having to check demesne every 2 minutes D:
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    image
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    Absolutely.  Here's how you'd add it.

    Create a trigger matching the line of when your meld thingie goes up.
    In the script box, put: 

    demonnic.anitimer:new("Meld Effect Name", {x = 20, y = 25*auranum, height = 20, width = GUI.Box8:get_width()-40, color = "whatevercoloryouwantittobe"}, howlongtheeffectlastsfor, GUI.Box8, true)
    auranum = auranum + 1

    The auranum bit is important, since if you don't have that, it'll just stack the gauges on top of each other.  If you want to just send me the lines for your various effects going up, as well as how long they last for, and what lines (if any) exist if they're stopped early, I'd be happy to add them in myself and update the package file.
    image
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice Member Posts: 2,622 Transcendent
    edited March 2014
    @Tarkenton, I currently have a tabbed chat that may be interfering with it. I'll try to get back to you on this.

    edit:

    Yeah. The tabbed chat didn't port over to the new GUI box so I uninstalled it. Relaunched mudlet and it looks beautiful.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

    #bringShikariback 


  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Three Lakes, WIMember Posts: 2,824 Transcendent
    edited March 2014
    Loaded it up, restarted Mudlet, and everything seems to work! Had to adjust my window margins, but I'm really liking it so far. Great work!

    EDIT: Oh, I did figure something out regarding the chat window capturing the entire location--Lusternia's default is for SAYS and PLAYERS to be the same color, that light cyan. If you look in a room and there are players, the tabbed chat sees the color and captures the entire line, description and all. I changed the color of PLAYERS, and it solved the problem.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

    Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

    Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice Member Posts: 2,622 Transcendent
    edited March 2014
    Is it possible to pause the gauge midway?

    Using this:

    demonnic.anitimer:stop("Song")

    auranum = auranum - 1


    makes the gauge disappear, see.

    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

    #bringShikariback 


  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear Member Posts: 2,555 Transcendent
    I'll look into it Siam.  Not my code originally, but I have an idea or two on how to dissect it and try adding that.  Likely won't get any further work done until the weekend though.
    image
«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.