TarxUI

Comments

• Am I the only one who doesn't have the chat box working?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm lazy and haven't posted my new version of things that fixes the things because I'm fighting with fixing resizing when the window resizes. Believe in the triggers, in the chart folder, there's one that is turned off. Turn on, should work.

Will post version 2 tonight, fixed resize issues or no.
    edited November 2015
    So here's TarxUI2 Alpha version

What's changed?
    • m&m pretty much required, works fine with m&mf
    • Completely redone layout, in an effort to give more screen real estate to the actual game itself
    • GMCP chat should work right out of the box (thanks to Syrennia for helping me get that up and going)
    • TarxTraxxer displays at the bottom left, in two columns, which will be refined in the coming weeks (if people have things they'd like to see added to this, just let me know and potentially gimme lines)
    • Map is still fully interactable, yay
    • XP bar will morph between XP and essence (note to self: write/rewrite setessence alias to allow user to set an essence goal, and save between sessions)
    • Bottom right blank space is used for on screen timers utilizing demonnic's animated timer bars.  Will include a few samples in a later release
    As always, I heartily recommend trying this out on a new profile first, because I'm paranoid about breaking stuff.  Not responsible if you use this with your main profile, and stuff breaks.  Bugs, feature requests, general words of affirmation can all be posted here.
  • Besides all the seemingly blank space this works great!

Oh, right, documentation. Hit the map button to make map go. Type trax on to fill in the bottom left. Right side is for timers, I haven't included any yet since I just wanted to get this out finally. Will update in a week or so with some things changed around.
  • So am I missing something on the left side?

Odd. Settings, main window, set the left border/margin to 0
  • I have to say I love TarxUI, and I might dl this new one just to play around with it, but I liked the last one so much I hate to leave it. Plus I've made a huge number of modifications, and I'd hate to have to do that again. Still, I'm glad you're doing this, @Tarkenton. It's made coming back and sticking around so much more pleasant (It'd make you cry, the ugly thing I had a few years ago).

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
    I do still have the previous one, there were just so many serious issues from when I first started writing it/things I wanted to redo that I decided to start with a fresh base.

I'm curious about the modifications though :)
  • Got the UI2, neither the tabbed chat or the whohere box is working for me, I'll try to post a screenshot a little later.
    Make sure gmcp is turned on in your profile settings.
  • Hey there, thanks for the GUI! I love the arrangement. Still, the tabbed chat and the people in the room list is not working for me as well even though I have GMCP on as well as trax on. I managed to work around the problem by adding triggers for the channels I wanted along with the append script. The gauges are working great though and I'm loving the XP one, thanks! I also tried with Mudlet version 2.1 as well as 3.0 delta, if it's any help. Anyway, assistance would be appreciated!
    edited December 2015
    Okay, so, I made a fresh profile to try this out with, and see how it worked right out of the box.  I ought to append this to the first post/make a new thread some time/have a "wiki" hosted somewhere, but lazy.  Here's what I did that resulted in working perfect.

1) Create a new profile. Go to settings, turn on GMCP. Close mudlet.
    2b) To install m-mf, pick your class, download the file, open your profile in Mudlet, click Package Manager, click Install, install the downloaded file.  It'll run through, do its stuff.  Once it says it's done and starts spamming, qq and close Mudlet.  Reopen your profile.  Run mminstall and follow the instructions.
    4) At this point, I'd recommend quitting Mudlet.  Open and login again, and everything should be working fine.
  • Great, it's working now! For some reason I managed to break my default Lusternia profile so badly the scripts wouldn't be able to use the event handlers. I can't even begin to wonder how did this happen but thanks, making a new profile fixed it! Being a newbie to mudlet is tough, took me a while to find out what making a new profile meant but I'm kinda slow I guess haha! 
  • edited January 2016
    Love the layout, first of all, very nice and shiny.  Just a few quick questions - I seem to be having an issue with the "People in the room" box, and the chat capture sometimes likes to capture the room description as well.  How can I fix this?

Also, is it possible to either shrink the stat bars, or turn them sideways somehow on my own?  I need a teeny bit more screen space with the game display.

EDIT: and/or is it possible to move the map to where the chat box is?  Just a personal preference. If it isn't, then I can work with it, I'm just curious if I can make modifications on my own without borking the shiny thing.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
    edited January 2016
    I'm running off of very little sleep after a very long, stressful day, so if I sound at all snippy or terse, I apologize in advance.

What problem/issue are you having, exactly? The fact that you're having an issue does nothing to identify said issue for me.

The chat capture sometimes nabbing the room desc is an issue I've run into as well, and haven't managed to chase it down yet.  I've noticed it typically happens when guards say something when you walk into the room.  I'll post an update once I've managed to chase it down.  Fixed code/whatever along with an updated package.

It's absolutely possible to shrink/rotate the stat bars. Rotating is more involved, so try shrinking first.

Shrinking would be accomplished by going to Scripts -> TarxUI -> User Interface -> Create Containers.  The following lines control the height of the whole bottom.
    <div><p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px;"><br></p><p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px;">TarxUI.Bottom = Geyser.Container:new({</p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px;"> name = "UI.Bottom",</p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px;"> x = 0, y = "80%",</p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px;"> width = "75%",</p> <p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-weight: bold;"> height = "20%",</span></p> <p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px;">})</p><p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px;"><br></p><p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px;">Change the height percentage to something else, it'll shrink the box, thus shrinking the bars. Play with the numbers, though you may need to close and re-open mudlet to see the changes take effect.</p><p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px;"><br></p><p style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px;">To change the map/chats, swap the y values of TarxUI.Mapbox and TarxUI.ChatBox in&nbsp;<span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 13.3333px;">Scripts -> TarxUI -> User Interface -> Create Boxes</span></p></div>
  • Oh, I'm sorry.  I was a bit out of it myself when I posted that.  To clarify - the People in the room box, it just isn't working for me period.  It'll sometimes have one person listed in the box, and then they'll randomly disappear, or no one will be listed at all.  Am I supposed to have an additional script package downloaded in order for it to work where it displays all of the people in the room?
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
    edited January 2016
    That should work fine. I'll assume you have m&m installed. And further assume that you have colors set for peoples of various orgs using mmconfig politics. If that's the case, the colors have to be the ones in Mudlet that don't have spaces or underscores in them.

http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/File:ShowColors.png is a pic of the full list.
  • Yay, I fixed the shiny thing!  At least, most of it, I haven't gotten around to the People box yet.  Thanks @Tarkenton !

--------
    --------
    Let me know if there's something in the Errors box or something.  'Cause it works flawlessly on my end.
  • Out of curiousity, are you supposed to always have to config the tarx on when you log in, or is it supposed to stay on automatically?
    --------
    --------
    I don't believe I saved the on state. *adds it to his list of things to fix*
  • edited January 2016
    Tarkenton said:
    That should work fine. I'll assume you have m&m installed. And further assume that you have colors set for peoples of various orgs using mmconfig politics. If that's the case, the colors have to be the ones in Mudlet that don't have spaces or underscores in them.

http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/File:ShowColors.png is a pic of the full list.
    @Tarkenton I actually don't have colors configured.  I'm using m&mf, and I double checked MMCONFIG POLITICS to make sure.  Everything is just neutral (no specific colors).  I'm attempting to see how to check the errors box now to see if that's something.

EDIT: I clicked on the errors box and this is what popped up.  Also, I'm sorry about the spacing in the code being borked up, I can't figure out the spoiler button to save my life.

[spoiler][ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<addpeople>
    <[string "function addpeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value
    [ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<removepeople><[string "function removepeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<removepeople><[string "function removepeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<addpeople><[string "function addpeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<addpeople><[string "function addpeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<removepeople><[string "function removepeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<removepeople><[string "function removepeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<addpeople><[string "function addpeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<addpeople><[string "function addpeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<addpeople><[string "function addpeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<addpeople<[string "function addpeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<removepeople><[string "function removepeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<addpeople><[string "function addpeople()..."]:3: attempt to concatenate a nil value>[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<removepeople>[/spoiler]
    --------
    --------
    Ahhh, okay, that's making some sense. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on tonight.
  • I've restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled--everything I know to do and I still can't get my chatbox to work.

Gauges and everything else work, I imagine?
  • edited January 2016
    Well, I installed other stuff in an effort to maybe find an alternative, but I kept lamenting the loss of the xp gauge. So now I reinstalled it and not only does the chat buffer still not work, everything has been thrown out of proportion as well :(

I'm not sure what your times or comfort level with it is, but I can try taking a look with team viewer at some point to see what's going on with you, since I haven't had a problem with the chat in a while.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That looks amazing Stratas!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.