Real World Raves

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Rancoura said:
    Sylandra said:
    I had to google what a Switch was. I'm so behind. :(

[/still playing a PS3]
    Nothing wrong with that, PS3 has some great titles. :)
    And they're so much cheaper used! :D
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:

[/still playing a PS3]
    Don't worry.
    [/still playing a PS2]
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm thrilled Falco Lombardi made it into Breath of the Wild.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Thyelleia said:
    Sylandra said:

[/still playing a PS3]
    Don't worry.
    [/still playing a PS2]
    I still break out the N64 to scratch my Zelda itch, and my wife periodically pulls out the SNES for hers.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Thyelleia said:
    Sylandra said:

[/still playing a PS3]
    Don't worry.
    [/still playing a PS2]
    I still break out the N64 to scratch my Zelda itch, and my wife periodically pulls out the SNES for hers.
    I happily got ALttP on my WiiU, so I can scratch my biggest Zelda itch. My favourite one. <3

I am so excited for tomorrow though, this is the first time I have ever pre-ordered a system. I just want to play BotW so badly.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• It's all mine,  it did an update, and now I'm going to start it up and play. :D

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Dylara said:
    It's all mine,  it did an update, and now I'm going to start it up and play. :D
    Do the joycons make that beautiful click sound from the commercials?
  • edited March 2017
    There is a satisfying click when you slide them into place, I can't recall the commercial one though so I'll have to look it up.

Edit: Oh the sound when you attach them to the tablet portion when it's on? I haven't done that yet.

Dylara said:
    There is a satisfying click when you slide them into place, I can't recall the commercial one though so I'll have to look it up.

Edit: Oh the sound when you attach them to the tablet portion when it's on? I haven't done that yet.
    All satisfying clicks are good clicks. To be honest if anyone ever managed to brick one and throw it out, I'd probably grab it just to hear those clicks. I am a simple person.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    They do make the click noise yes.

Also don't put the mini joycons in the wrong way round, I had to stab at mine with a knife to rip it off :( 

Zelda is utterly addictive and so very beautiful, easily the best launch title of all time (Sorry SM64 )

Also @Sylandra I hope you googled Nintendo Switch, entering "what is a switch?" could lead to some very interesting answers.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I am enjoying this game so so very much. I am definitely with Karlach, in that it is addictive and beautiful. I know it gets a lot of comparisons to Skyrim, but honestly I could never get hooked into Skyrim. This I have.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Non BotW post because I am the poor, double rave: 

I have canvas for my next artisanal now.

I am officially a Subject Matter Expert, the months being the third shortest time anyone's achieved this, in my department. Next month they're adding another department to my coverage pool, which is one of the last steps before becoming a trainer.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2017
    It's a low magic fantasy with arcanetech weaponry of a past age sandbox. The comparisons to Skyrim end there.

The survival aspect of it and the scale of some of the encounters is amazing. I've pretty much ignored the main quest to go shrine and tower hunting, and die, a lot.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2018
    -
  • I received a resolution for my case and compensation for my accident, it is such a huge relief to be finished dealing with it finally. It wasn't a huge amount of  money, but it is definitely helps and is more than I had been told to expect. I can now safely return to my treatments and finish up my healing process without worrying if something big happens again.

And Zelda is awesome.

• Had an amazing weekend with @Mephasor
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • I cracked basic cooking. :D made cheese fried rice out of leftover rice + pantry staples.

VICTORY!

(i used to muck up rice. where i live that is like burning water.)

I found out I have some Huguenot ancestors. Neat!
  • Had a good, but quiet birthday at home after work (woos,  50-90km wind gusts were unpleasant to work in though). Zelda is always something I play on my birthday, and Breath of the Wild is just such a treasure to enjoy for me. I am being "kidnapped" by my friends tonight, to celebrate and I don't know what we're doing but I am super appreciative that my friends have planned something, and I did not have to. It's a first and I am touched by it, and the card I received from everyone in the office.

• I got a doctor's appointment quite fast and now I have enough Naratriptan to hopefully last through the rest of my thesis.

Also, after almost one year of living at my current place, I finally used the bathtub. Usually, I just shower because it's faster and I am always busy but...oh, how wrong I was. This tub is larger than the one we have at home and I can finally stretch out my legs. I really should have discovered that sooner since I am only staying here for three more weeks...

#TallPeopleProblems
    Tis the season...

... for sodabread and corned beef and cabbage. Yesss.