Real World Raves

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I am just going to rave that this exists. (@Breandryn I still love you for this, btw)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Vivet said:
    I had a number of crocuses shoot up before I got five inches of snow. The snow just finished melting today. Not only are all the crocuses still alive, but -more- shot out of the ground even when covered.

These flowers really and truly do not give a damn about the weather.

I too have some defiant crocuses. Every year, I'm like, "you're way too early!" and then they get iced over or buried under a mountain of snow, and just shrug it off.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Just saw Beauty and the Beast, the 2017 one. Really good!
  • short hair feels great!
  • All the work me and the other girl did on the group poster paid off and we got our feedback today! They can't give an exact grade til exams are done, but she said we're in the high B / low A range. So so so relieved and happy considering the poopy experience we had. 
  • I am hoooooooooome. 
    I didn't have breakfast, so dinner was a 98% lean hamburger with extra sharp cheddar, worcestershire sauce, and a fried egg on toasted bread. Only thing that would have made it better was some onion and lettuce. Yum yum.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors and Virtue's Last Reward release today on Steam as Zero Escape: The Nonary Games! If you like visual novels with crazy stories, I can't recommend them enough. Virtue's Last Reward is one of my all-time favorite games. They're VNs with escape room puzzle sections, and this PC release of 999 fixes my major issue with its original format by adding the flowchart that lets you jump to sections of the game, so you don't have to play every puzzle every time you restart to clear story locks and work towards the true ending.

Even though I own them, I'm still buying it on Steam. And playing them again! The soundtrack is amazing, the story is amazing, everything is just great. I'm excited.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Virtue's Last Reward. <3 This series is just awesome. 100% co-sign everything above.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Played D&D with my niece (later my dad who replaced her when she got too tired and went to sleep) and my nephew. It was a lot of fun and absolutely hilarious. I wasn't expecting my nephew to roll so many 20s on absolute goofiness. Made for so many laughs.

Also my nephew complimented me a lot about the map and said he could imagine everything happening as I was describing it.
  • Lavinya said:
    I saw the Book of mormon last night. absolutely amazing, I laughed so much. 
    I've been wanting to catch this show, my friend raves about it all the time.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Saw Hidden Figures for the first time last night. I'm aware of the historical / white-savior inaccuracies. But man, what a powerful story. And still so relevant today.

"Despite what you may think, I have nothing against y'all."
    "I know. I know you probably believe that."

Mic drop.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Saw Hidden Figures for the first time last night. I'm aware of the historical / white-savior inaccuracies. But man, what a powerful story. And still so relevant today.

Mic drop.
    It's on my to-watch-list as well (along with Beauty and the Beast).....once I have a life again.
    Thyelleia said:
    Everiine said:

Mic drop.
    It's on my to-watch-list as well (along with Beauty and the Beast).....once I have a life again.
    Just saw that one last night :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    Thyelleia said:
    Everiine said:

Mic drop.
    Just saw that one last night :) .
    Hidden Figures was a pretty great empowering movie. I let my daughter go when we had it the theater, she wants to get it on DVD.

Beauty and the Beast, we have to wait a few more weeks before we get it. But I remember when I took my son to see it on stage when he was a preschooler, he fell asleep. I was mortified. Stockholm syndrome alive and well. But the movie is supposed to get around that somehow. I'm nervous.
    I don't know if it so much gets around it as softens it. You have a better feeling of their relationship developing (at least, I think so). But it is the same story, so take that as you will.

I prefer to focus on the fact that the movie tackles toxic masculinity and shows it for the evil that it is.