Real World Raves

Comments

• First morning coffee in the new place!
  • Spent a lovely weekend in a forest learning bushcraft. I now have a very sharp knife and know how to use it :D 
    Almost got spoiled though by having an eight hour journey on the way down because of a dual carriageway being half blocked and the M25 being shut. But I got there and it was excellent!
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Finally got my bike back today. Yaay no more walking to work
  • Our faulty internet connection is no more. We have gone from 0.5mb/s to 50 mb/s, which is pleasing :D
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Laysus said:
    Our faulty internet connection is no more. We have gone from 0.5mb/s to 50 mb/s, which is pleasing :D
    I went from 5 to 70. It's great!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The last couple of days, my internet's been at the 1 mb/s range. Turns out all I had to do was update the router firmware and switch broadcast channels. After a reset, boom, 10mb/s. Which sounds lame comparatively :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    The last couple of days, my internet's been at the 1 mb/s range. Turns out all I had to do was update the router firmware and switch broadcast channels. After a reset, boom, 10mb/s. Which sounds lame comparatively :( .
    At least it's sort of usable!
  • 10Mb/s would be fine :D we're just on 50 because it was that or 0.5, so... little choice really. 
    Kerith said:
    Everiine said:
    Quite usable! I just dream of having enough disposable income for speeds like 50 mb/s :D .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    Kerith said:
    Everiine said:
    Quite usable! I just dream of having enough disposable income for speeds like 50 mb/s :D .
    Where I live, you don't have choice. There's either a cable or DSL provider in your area, and that's it. Your speed is determined by where you live. My 60-70 Mb/s speed is the basic level cable here.

Sorry to derail!
    Holy cow...

Yeah, our two options are "the" cable company or "the" phone company. Neither of them are very good. I actually pay for 20 mb/s, but getting only 10 mb/s is considered "normal".

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2017
    After spending some 5 or so years with a 1mbps ADSL internet connection back home, it takes some getting used to having access to a 50mbps cable connection which downloads at a solid 4-5meg per second.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    After having a crap few months involving takes that require much alcohol, I got good news at work today. The head of local MetLife confirmed that I'm the next person queued to become a trainer. When a position opens they're signing me without holding interviews or putting out a listing, and with our current rate of growth they're hoping it'll be within the next month or two. 

They say my accent, personality, and level of expertise have me more qualified than the next three people put together.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2017
    So I was not a huge fan of Ready Player One. The premise and plot kept me on board from cover to cover, but the writing read like a guy jerking it to his 80's swag collection. The whole time I thought it'd make for an awesome movie since there'd be more showing and less telling. Enter the trailer:

It is as buck wild as I'd hoped. I fully expect it to be corny and over the top. But what really gets me pumped is that the composer took melodic cues from Pure Imagination, as sung by Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which is such a choice move. Doesn't hurt that it's followed up by Rush, so... sign me up.  :D

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I have internet again. No more burning through phone data! Woooo. \o/
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I signed a new position at my work today. Less mental BS, less stress, hopefully slightly less hours. Now all I have to do is convince someone to sign my old job, then I have to train them at it until they're competent, before I can start my new position.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I made a new avatar.
  • Drocilla said:
    I fought with a spider and won. A thumb-sized, fat, brown, oddly intelligent and perceptive monstrosity that it was, it was a battle that took 25 minutes and left my bedroom the site of some natural disaster. Everything is not where it used to be, I employed a torch, a lamp, a broomstick, a swatter, a shoe, and hairspray. I also strategically deployed white sheets of paper to combat its advantage of dark colouring on my black furniture. The final battle took place within my wardrobe, on top of my clothes. Had I lost that fight and lost sight of the enemy, I... I guess I would have had to burn the place down and start fresh elsewhere. 

But I won. 

(arachnophobia is not fun :( )
    This is just so many kinds of awesome. Totally with you on the arachnophobia. Had this kind of battle with the wolf spiders in Florida several years ago.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh, man. A friend of mine got her arachnophobia from a wolf spider infestation. Her mother had bought a piano from an antique store and they didn't realize it was infested with wolf spiders. She said she noped out the moment her mom smacked a giant wolf spider with a broom and, surprise, out came hundreds of tiny baby spiders crawling out from the corpse. That image terrifies me and I didn't even see it personally.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited August 2017
    Now I have a new forum to lurk! And consider contributing, but scarcely actually do.

Pretty stoked about it, actually. Now I can see what all the fuss is about these stars, and why people mourn them so much!

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • @Drocilla don't go to australiaor South American then[google huntsman and goliath spiders, or not].

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: