how do you say your characters name?

Comments

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Ta-sit-uh.

The 'a' is short.
  • PAH-roo-ah

Emphasis on the first syllable
    When I say it, the second syllable is very short, and the r is soft, almost an l sound.

Very definitely not pah-ROO-ah
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I alternate between Mal-ih-gorn and Mal-ih-jorn depending on how I feel.

• edited March 2014
    I started by pronouncing it sa-LIss (all short vowels, emphasis on i), but over the years it has evolved into sA:liss (long a, short i, emphasis on a).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2014
    I imagined it sounded like solace.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    In Tree us

Reg nah so

Shaa dus

Lou well
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Air-ith-ale. Essentially just sounding it out.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Anita.. A-knee-ta? 

Just call me Ani :D
  • Dys said:
    Dys.
    like "Ohhh! Dis!" or like "dese nuts!"?
  • Like dyspepsic or dysentery or justice.
  • edited March 2014
    [spoiler] image[/spoiler]
  • Mar-chell-uh.
  • Tacita said:
    Ta-sit-uh.

The 'a' is short.
    All this time I have been pronouncing the C as a K. *facepalm*

For me: Ria-lorm. Easy :D
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    sigh-yam
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Woo IPA! Ried's would be /ɾid/ then, or, if you're funny, "read" as in "readlog" or "read letter."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Ried said:
    Woo IPA! Ried's would be /ɾid/ then, or, if you're funny, "read" as in "readlog" or "read letter."
    I always thought your name was pronounced halfway between Rid and Read. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Kar-lack

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Ried said:
    Woo IPA! Ried's would be /ɾid/ then, or, if you're funny, "read" as in "readlog" or "read letter."
    Wouldn't that be ri:d?
  • Ssaliss said:
    Ried said:
    Probably. It's been 5 years since I used IPA, so I don't entirely remember the difference between /ɾid/ and /ɾi:d/.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Shoo inn or shoe win
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ried said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Ried said:
    Probably. It's been 5 years since I used IPA, so I don't entirely remember the difference between /ɾid/ and /ɾi:d/.
    /i/ does the work on its own. Unless the duration of the vowel sound is actually lengthened, you don't need the triangular colon symbol. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Shuyin said:
    Shoo inn or shoe win
    Other than rice, Shuyin makes me think of the Schuykill and I end up pronouncing it incorrectly in my head (a lot of out of towners call it the shoo-ee-kill (instead of sku-kill) so he becomes shoo-ee-win. Stewie-win? Something). 
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Contrary to popular belief......Muhn - See - Uh
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Munsia said:
    Contrary to popular belief......Moo - See - Moo
    Fixed it for you.

• Iytha is surprisingly difficult! It's iet-ha rather than iye-tha. The T and the H aren't part of the same syllable.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I always pronounced it Ith-e-uh. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Even though it can't be pronounced that way, sooo do I.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    I always pronounced it Ith-e-uh. 
    Ee-tha

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Since all my characters are dormant it's moot, but my alt Tsianina should be pronounced "tsha-nee-na" with the accent on the first syllable, and that first "t" downplayed (if you're not paying attention you'd hear "sha-nee-na"). The name is actually a Cherokee word meaning "wildflower". (Not particularly apt for her, or for her mother to have given to her, but I do love the name.)
  • Parua said:
    PAH-roo-ah Emphasis on the first syllable When I say it, the second syllable is very short, and the r is soft, almost an l sound. Very definitely not pah-ROO-ah

for a long time I called you paw-rue >_>
    so yeah if I'm unresponsive in game drop me a message here.... chances are I'm browsing