how do you say your characters name?

Comments

• I pronounce Daraius as Dahr-ee-us. Synkarin is Sin-car-in.

...My characters;

Aeral is pretty simple. Air-ul (think al more like rhyming with cull)

Zayden is also, it just rhymes with Jayden. 

And Claor is pronounced as Claire.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Tajalli said:
    Shuyin said:
    Shoo inn or shoe win
    Other than rice, Shuyin makes me think of the Schuykill and I end up pronouncing it incorrectly in my head (a lot of out of towners call it the shoo-ee-kill (instead of sku-kill) so he becomes shoo-ee-win. Stewie-win? Something). 
    Schuylkill, NEVER FORGET THE OTHER L.

(also oh god, someone who knows what the Skook is).
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Et (like eh) a (uh) coi (coin without the n)
  • Air-eeh
  • edited April 2014
    Because I'm Australian, and I love my long vowels, I pronounce it: svô(ɹ)ˈ

Or for those who can't read that... (like me): svaw-EYE, maybe like 'four-EYE', saying 'four' really quickly and lingering on 'eye'.

But everyone else seems to say it with more emphasis on the first syllable? I guess that's where 'Svo' comes from.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Svorai said:
    Because I'm Australian, and I love my long vowels, I pronounce it: svô(ɹ)ˈ

Or for those who can't read that... (like me): svaw-EYE, maybe like 'four-EYE', saying 'four' really quickly and lingering on 'eye'.

But everyone else seems to say it with more emphasis on the first syllable? I guess that's where 'Svo' comes from.
    I pronounced it right! Woo! 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I always pronounced it EYE-zoon, personally! Fascinating. I hadn't thought of using a short 'I' sound.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Isune said:
    I always say Isune as saying Is-soon, really fast! Some people have said E-zune or Ee-soo-nay to me, though.
    BUT I PRONOUNCE IT AS A VIRAVAIN.

<3
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Bobert. It's not that hard.

BEWARE THE KIT-E-KOI OFFSPRING
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot

Isune
    said:
    I always say Isune as saying Is-soon, really fast! 

I can understand "ee-soo-nay" as an option for someone familiar with, say, Japanese. But "eye-zoon" only makes sense if you're an Apple product. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • eye-soo-nay
  • I've been pronounce it as Eye-soon, honestly. Though I do like the short Is-soon.
  • I always said Eeee-soon, with a long e, ha
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Isune said:
    I always say Isune as saying Is-soon, really fast! Some people have said E-zune or Ee-soo-nay to me, though.
    Me too! The three syllable twist is very popular, I've noticed.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited April 2014
    I pronounce mine with an Sh sound rather than a Ch, so pretty much identical to shade (i.e. a lack of sunlight :p)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited April 2014
    Ah, so you prefer the chaps pronunciation, as oppose to the chaps pronunciation.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2014
    Kaa  - gaa - to

'Ka' is pronounced as if you were trying to say the name of Kaa the snake in Jungle Book, or Khan without the 'n' sound at the end
    'Ga' is prounounced vaguely like 'gar' as in 'Agar'
    'To' is pronounced like the first syllable in Tornado.
    (To hear how it is pronounced, go here: http://translate.google.com/#ja/en/かがと  and click the speaker icon in the left hand box)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited April 2014
    Haze-on or Hay-Z-on. Lots of trill names have 'ae' in them according to the name generator. Also they love 'ool' noises. I think I saw one name which was ooloolna.
    Retired.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited April 2014
    Heh. Namegen is fun. I remember Phoebus found an Oxcock as a lucidian male option...

If she hasn't already, I bet @Zouviqil could run an analysis on the syllable database each racial namegen draws from, tell us what real-world languages they resemble most, and then extrapolate what the names can tell us about the races themselves. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Daraius said:
    Heh. Namegen is fun. I remember Phoebus found an Oxcock as a lucidian male option...

If she hasn't already, I bet @Zouviqil could run an analysis on the syllable database each racial namegen draws from, tell us what real-world languages they resemble most, and then extrapolate what the names can tell us about the races themselves. 
    :: Quietly stuffs away in game books filled with notes on the game languages. ::
  • omg let's clarify this! my name is not Mac oh dee stop calling me Mak >_> it is Muh Co Dee
  • edited April 2014
    Makodi said:
    omg let's clarify this! my name is not Mac oh dee stop calling me Mak >_> it is Muh Co Dee
    So we should call you Muk?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I've always actually pronounced it Mah Co Die
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

I've always actually pronounced it Mah Co Die

With emphasis on die?
    so yeah if I'm unresponsive in game drop me a message here.... chances are I'm browsing
    Technically, but not intentionally :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    A few more of my alts:

Day-vose

Ny-deck-ion

foreign

Care-vaus

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Shaddus is obviously pronounced Shah-deuce.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Tarkenton said:
    Shaddus is obviously pronounced Shah-deuce.
    I thought "Shaddus" was pronounced /ɒltkɪŋ/...