how do you say your characters name?

Comments

• Naime said:

The necro is strong in this one

Night without the T and then a big old Meh

Your name confuses me because Naimh is a gaelic name (pronounced Neev)
  • edited December 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Naime said:
    Hey! Listen! Hey! Careful!
    You know what I mean.
    >_> You'll probably have to spell it out to me

It's true, I really am you.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Naime said:
    Shaddus said:
    Naime said:
    Hey! Listen! Hey! Careful!
    You know what I mean.
    >_> You'll probably have to spell it out to me

Technically it's Navi and not Nami, but it works.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ril - luna. The "L" belongs to both of the first two syllables, but Rilluna looks ridiculous.

When people give me "Ri" (as in, "ree"), I do get it, but it usually takes me a moment for me to get it. I usually confuse that with Rika, or Rivius, or any other Ri name. For me, my character has always been more like "Rill" like a river. She's definitely flowed with me over the years.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Quick time oldguy go.

Syridean - suh-RI-dee-uhn (ri is like river.), though I'm fairly sure this one is actually a word that's pronounced closer to "shear-DEEN". His diminuative is Syri, "SEAR-ri".
    Aerotan - eh-row-TAN, diminutive is Aero, pronounced the same.
    Tyrni - TEAR-ni (tear to rhyme with fear, and like the salty eye-water, ni like the knights thereof.)
    Usa - OOHsa this one is only one syllable, kinda, in the same way seer or crier would be.
    My newest/youngest alt - wood-ENT-ewe-lye-k-tu-no
    Wyle - pronounce this like 'While' without an h, or like one's wits. Though I'm fairly certain she isn't exactly the brightest spark in Gaudiguch.
  • Well, uh. Peck-tus >.>

• Zan - word
  • Mar chell uh.
  • since my very own order head seems to have gotten it wrong (zap pending, @Steingrim), my name is four syllables: Yo-mo-ee-goo
    I've actually always said Yo-moy-goo, but alrighty.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I've...always said it yo-moy-goo too.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I like discovering I'm pronouncing names right, I usually don't! But I did have Yomoigu right at least.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Somehow I had Yomoigu right, but when someone told me they thought Daraius was four syllables, it baffled me.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • My lune

Since I was never supposed to be anything but a night child

• Khentimentiu - ken-Sh-meh-sh-uh
  • Steingrim.

Just like it is spelled,

the 's' is silent,

'tei' tay-ee (as per the proper Romanian),

gir is pronounced as g ee r where,

g is pronounced as
    g in goee is pronounced as
    ee in seer is pronounced as
    r in rat

m is pronounced as EH m where,

EH
    is pronounced as
    e in pet
    m
    is pronounced as
    m in me

Ave. True to Caesar.
  • Ave, long live the Legion.
  • Since the secret's out,

I toy between Mal-a-daa-ri and Mal-a-da-ari.

• I just pronounced it aw-sum-saw-suh
  • edited January 2015
    Maligorn said:
    Since the secret's out,

No, no, no. Ri has to be pronounced like 'we'! Silly!

Also, I didn't know.

Speaking of alts. Sent a tell to xxxxx ward who went though the entire collegium by level 7 and asked me to help with a few achievements. I sent them a tell after, something like, "You seem to have a plan in what you want to do. If you need something, a loan, borrow a whip, let me know." Got a playing dumb reply. I tend to try to ignore who's alt is who's, but at the same I don't like my own time wasted.
  • Maligorn said:
    Since the secret's out,

... Okay, I've got a feeling I'm like the only person who didn't see that coming, but it makes sense in hindsight.
    Your AltFu is weak, Sasshopper.
  • Shaddus said:
    Ave. True to Caesar.
    Hello, named after a quasi-famous Roman?
  • It's simple my name is Silly.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.