how do you say your characters name?

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Since I guess folks were having trouble with mine, it's

LU-suh

I am told it is a word that means "light"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Name's fine, but I can't tell what the hell kind of animal he's supposed to look like.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    He doesn't know, but it's a hybrid of a couple other things. Primarily fox, with some Dragon-a-la-Falcor mixed in. I'm fully prepared for the eventuality that I might have to change that if the gods don't like that idea.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Luce said:
    He doesn't know, but it's a hybrid of a couple other things. Primarily fox, with some Dragon-a-la-Falcor mixed in. I'm fully prepared for the eventuality that I might have to change that if the gods don't like that idea.
    Ask someone really old in your home about golden dragon milk. If they finish the story without vomiting or falling down laughing, then you'll understand why your description is just fine.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Shaddus said:
    Luce said:
    Ask someone really old in your home about golden dragon milk. If they finish the story without vomiting or falling down laughing, then you'll understand why your description is just fine.
    Everyone remembers the golden dragon milk. *shudder*
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    It is a classic which needs to be shared with the next generation. But I'm not going to sully this thread by posting it. You should totally google it, though. It's in a thread somewhere on one of the IRE fora.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I heard about that gem before I came to lusternia, it's an IRE classic.
    The playa you love to hate
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    He is a bouncing furrikin and has a coat of pale fur slightly tinted with a jade coloring. His snout is thin, with a black nose and a few pieces of fluffier fur on the bottom of his jaw, eventually leading to a small mane of white fur. He has a light frame, which seems to always be in a state of excitement, like a coiled spring. At the end of each finger lies a dull black claw. His long and strong tail has a groove of fur that runs along the top of it, ending in a puff of fur at the end, which resides low to the ground.

For the curious.
  • Okay. I'll risk the Zap.

I pronounce it, Dar VELL an, why because of this. I am certain our friendly deity will make an appearance in the next Guardians of the Galaxy.

• The first syllable is a long i, Si mimi. That's a fricative alveolar S, followed by a close front i, followed by labiodental nasal mi and mi again.

Simple! IPA: [siɱiɱi] (I think, my IPA is a bit rusty.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Ran-COOR-rah

rather than ran-CORE-ah.

In my head, anyway.

Off with all you India Pale Ales. You're too hoppy.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yes! I've been pronouncing it correctly in my head since the beginning :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    I thought yours was eh-vur-EEN =/

Before an earthly flight

• Seh-kooh-AYE-ee, duh.
    Skye said:

Seh-kooh-AYE-ee, duh.

Good to know I've been pronouncing it correctly this entire time. 

Before an earthly flight

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    nīt.

Most people mispronounce it. It's a long "i." 
  • Omg Maligorn I'm hurting now
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Sal -
    (As in Sal-ad)

Ome

(As in Ohm)
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Bawb.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ma-K-La
  • Leaning towards Kthâ-zot since I blatantly copied both Cthulhu and Azoth for names. Whoops?
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • Names need to be all greek letters. Easiest that way.
  • It's been coming on two years since I played, but as an addiction, Lusternia is nearly impossible to break. Still, it's been long enough that hopefully no one remembers me anyways, and I can have the cathartic release of alt reveal without the embarrassment of having to talk about why Eritheyl was nearly my father-in-law on two completely different characters in opposed orgs.

Sadly, none of my characters had that difficult of names, I don't think. Nevertheless.

Stratas - STRAT-ass (as in "stratosphere")
    Saleo - SAY-lee-oh (plenty of people called him Sal with a short a, though) (His wife, Nynia, was actually pronounced NIHN-ee-uh)
    Tomir - TOE-meer

Stratas and Tomir are characters from a fantasy novel I wrote (sadly unpublished, or I'm sure it would be the Next Big Thing >_>), Saleo was made up from whole cloth at the request of Nynia's player.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Stratas said:
    Still, it's been long enough that hopefully no one remembers me anyways....
    Saleo
    Busted!
  • Stratas said:
    It's been coming on two years since I played, but as an addiction, Lusternia is nearly impossible to break. Still, it's been long enough that hopefully no one remembers me anyways, and I can have the cathartic release of alt reveal without the embarrassment of having to talk about why Eritheyl was nearly my father-in-law on two completely different characters in opposed orgs.

Sadly, none of my characters had that difficult of names, I don't think. Nevertheless.

Saleo - SAY-lee-oh (plenty of people called him Sal with a short a, though) (His wife, Nynia, was actually pronounced NIHN-ee-uh)
    Tomir - TOE-meer

Stratas and Tomir are characters from a fantasy novel I wrote (sadly unpublished, or I'm sure it would be the Next Big Thing >_>), Saleo was made up from whole cloth at the request of Nynia's player.
    =( Syridean remembers Tomir.
  • [bey-kuh n]
  • Stratas said:
    It's been coming on two years since I played, but as an addiction, Lusternia is nearly impossible to break. Still, it's been long enough that hopefully no one remembers me anyways, and I can have the cathartic release of alt reveal without the embarrassment of having to talk about why Eritheyl was nearly my father-in-law on two completely different characters in opposed orgs.

Tomir - TOE-meer

Pffft. Of course you're remembered. ^_^