why is the Aetherplex peaced?

I can understand newbie areas like newton being peaced so the young don't slay each other, but why the plex? In my opinion that should be a very dangerous place, not somewhere that enemies can safely harass one another.
so yeah if I'm unresponsive in game drop me a message here.... chances are I'm browsing

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Never really cared to ask myself. Being that it is a place where you walk around with lots of gold on you, I'd say it makes sense for it to be peaced. It is a major shopping hub, too. Don't see what needs to be so dangerous about it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Because a long time ago, we had an event where you could trade corpses of certain creatures for dingbats. A very greedy group of people decided to assault people for their corpses and keep them for themselves. The corpses were able to be traded in inside the portal in the aetherplex.

It also keeps us from killing the mudsexers and random annoying people who stand there.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

If I recall correctly....

It was peaced for a specific event with the gnomes and some portal at the plex to get into their ships. People were ganking eachother while trying to turn in the quest items. Then it was never changed back. Tada, peaced plex.

• Shaddus said:

It also keeps us from killing the mudsexers and random annoying people who stand there.

very true, still i think idle people should be fair game
    so yeah if I'm unresponsive in game drop me a message here.... chances are I'm browsing
  • If it were not peaced, it'd still be covered by Avenger, right? So I think it would be fair to unpeace it and see if shenanigans ensure. 

Also, you know you have played too much open pk games when your first thought is "What is this person planning that they want it unpeaced?". :P
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    +1 to the unpeace the plex coalition.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Rialorm said:
    If it were not peaced, it'd still be covered by Avenger, right? So I think it would be fair to unpeace it and see if shenanigans ensure. 

Also, you know you have played too much open pk games when your first thought is "What is this person planning that they want it unpeaced?". :P

my army of newbies are going to take it as our own...
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I remember when I could behead mouthy aetherplex lurkers. :(
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I too support unpeacing the plex.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Also can we unpeace Avechna's room? I promise to not try bashing him to see if he's soloable >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Am I the only one that derives a sense of security by the aetherplex being peaced

• It is nice to sit and browse the shop listings in peace, but there are annoyances that exist there simply because the room is peaced.

Avenger would still protect it if it was unpeaced. You would be highly unlikely to get randomly jumped there, just like any other non-enemy territory on Prime.
  • Celina said:
    The only people who benefit from a peaced aetherplex are people who have done something questionable that has lead to them being perpetual gank victims in the first place. It's basically turned into the safety zone for people who aren't allowed at any of the nexii.

exactly! down with the peace!
  • because the divines know I need a safe place to escape from the 3,000 @shaddus alts when I tick them off
  • because the divines know I need a safe place to escape from the 3,000 @shaddus alts when I tick them off
  • It was peaced for the opposite reason, however. The people getting ganked were victims through no actions of their own. Only after it was peaced did it really become the haven for the cowards and outcasts.

Iasmos said:

It was peaced for the opposite reason, however. The people getting ganked were victims through no actions of their own. Only after it was peaced did it really become the haven for the cowards and outcasts.

That is because it was made extraordinarily lucrative to do so. There is no such reward or incentive now (which is a good thing).

Honestly, the best solution at the time would have been to not let the things fall out of your hands on death. Peacing the aetherplex prevented having a single killroom to grief, but did not stop jumping others to steal their efforts anywhere else in the game except that one room.
  • Being a griefer is its own reward.

Which is why we see hundreds of Prime deathsights every day to these griefers.

As one of the more infamous griefers, and frequent member of the Griefer Top 10, my suspect list topped out at 2. 95% of the time, it sat at zero.

MOST of my people, the poor and defamed griefers, don't really want a huge suspect list. Makes keeping karma blessings up a real biyotch. (Unless you're a champion)

• From the perspective of a trader, I kinda like the aetherplex being peaced. It means I have a safe place to meet with people; I never have to wonder if there's an ulterior motive (not that I think there ever would be), I never have to be worried about outsiders jumping us to steal herbs, I never have to worry about waiting there for them, etc. Does it attract some less-than-pleasant people? Yes, and I'd love to see a solution to that. But not in the form of an unpeaced aetherplex.

When the plex wasn't peaced, people managed to trade without getting ganked. I don't see how peacing the plex changed anything.

There are also other peaced rooms to trade at if you want the security. They are less centralized, sure, but they do exist. You would just have to say "meet at the Portal" instead of "meet at the Plex".

To me, the problem is more that the room is so centralized to everything. Nearly everyone passes through it, and leaving it peaced tends to just be an additional attractor to those who are a bit sketchy for one reason or another. I just do not see why it needs to remain so when it will still be protected by Avenger.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    It would be nice if people didn't leave trash at the Plex, too.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    My suspect list capped out at 4, and that was killing defenders in a prime raid.

Ultimately if you're afraid of being griefed..

A: Don't go afk unless you're sure where you are is absolutely safe.

B: If you think you're going to get targeted because you're pissing people off by being an ass, try not being an ass that pisses people off.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I legit remember battles for the aetherplex. Whole cities would duke it out in the fulcrux room and people woulda go insta in and out of shops or they'd die
  • Makodi said:
    because the divines know I need a safe place to escape from the 3,000 @shaddus alts when I tick them off

kill it unpeace unpeace unpeace