The Order War!

Well the second Order war in history went down earlier today, and I thought it went good and was really fun. Obviously the system is horribly outdated and could use a few tweaks but other than that I think it all went good!!

If I had to suggest a few changes it would be to add a syntax:

ORDERWAR STATUS

To basically show the points, because basically, we were blind the entire time as to how long it was going to take or how long it would have taken, and for all we know it could have lasted 24 hours.

Other than that it was fun, I got the killing blow that ended it and didn't even know it was over hahahahaha.

You point a bloody symbol of pain towards Neos, and a gout of black fire slams into his chest.
As the attack punches through Neos's phantom armour, a backlash of crackling phantasmal energy lashes out at you.
The Divine Order of Fain, of the Red Masque has triumphed in a war against the Divine Order of Valtreth, Majesty of the Dawn.
You have been granted a truefavour by Fain, of the Red Masque for the recent order war victory. It will last seven months.An invasion shrine of Fain shudders and collapses into dust.

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Mudlet was freezing up and lagging and m&m was paused because it was spamming stand.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Does anyone have a few logs of like one of the 10 unleash staves I did to them...
  • Awesome!!! Wish I could have been around to take part

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    It seems off to me that an order war would finish in 3 hours. Some war, it started and ended while I was still at work!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I thought these things lasted a lot longer. How much of a penalty are they when you lose? Why don't they happen more often?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    They don't happen often because both sides have to agree. So, there isn't any compelling reason to do so, unless you know you will win.
    18 v 9 was fun.
  • I think 3 hours is really fine heh.....it's really hard to find the fighters you need to stick around for 3 hours sometimes! People and real lives, y'know? Last Order War lasted 6 hours (Fain vrs Eventru) and I thought -that -was way too long. 3 hours is longer than a domoth too. Also it only lasted 3 hours because all the Legates Valtreth has contributed to the victory, plus all the order member kills that were happening (Kreon, Neos, Tridemon, Daebach?) contribute to the kills and those were my main priority next to melders.

The only way to contribute to victory is by killing realm denizens, the invasion shrine (main way), destroying enemy invasion shrines, and killing the order members of the order at war.

I only died once!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Neos said:
    I only died once!
    and lost it for your Order

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Neos said:
    I only died once!
    Fight was lost from the beginning.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Neos said:
    Synkarin said:
    Neos said:
    I only died once!
    Fight was lost from the beginning.
    Sure, with that attitude it was

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    As long as you believe it, you can be it (right away, regardless of other factors)!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Marcella said:
    Yeah, we were actually 'oh holy shit there's like 19 of them and 8 of us, what have you DONE thoros' 'OH GOD ELANORWEN WOKE UP

'THERE ARE THREE MELDERS WITH THEM AND WE HAVE ONE' 

'OMG ALARY WOKE UP'

it was a lot of hope/despair
    Eh, I only caught the tail end of it because I spent most of the time at work. Still snuck a kill and a death in, though. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • For a moment I thought this meant Fain was back and faced an existential crisis. Still, this is way cool, would really like it if the system could be tweaked so it would see more use because I think Order wars are a really great concept and more roleplay-oriented conflict would be grand. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Rialorm said:
    For a moment I thought this meant Fain was back and faced an existential crisis. Still, this is way cool, would really like it if the system could be tweaked so it would see more use because I think Order wars are a really great concept and more roleplay-oriented conflict would be grand. 
    The main problem is that it will always be a zergfest. I wouldn't mind an order war that would be just the two orders fighting as opposed to being yet another case of "Who can get more people to come gank"

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    There's little conflict in game that isn't affected by the strength of numbers and allies though.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

People who have a problem with fights beings influenced by numbers have a really peculiar (read: unrealistic) perspective on conflict.

I always read it as: "We didn't win, so change the rules until we do."

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited April 2014
    How is the winner determined? Is it point based?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It's been a really long time since I've done one, but yes. You summon special invasion shrines in the enemy Order's realm, and as it spawns order mobs, you gain points. You also gain points for killing members of the enemy's order during the war. You can't track the points though.
    I have to say, from the little bit I participated in, the numbers were pretty skewed favorably towards Celest.

Yeah, I was only there at the end, but I could have easily been like 'oh they have way more numbers, why should I bother' and instead I jumped in and helped. So you can be facetious about attitudes playing very little in success, but it's definitely important, and I think this Order war is an outright example of it. 

This may not make sense, but there's a difference between 'playing to win' and 'playing not to lose.' It's also why professional athletes and the like employ 'sports psychologists' to help them develop the right attitudes for when they are competing. No, attitude alone won't win it for you, but it paves the way to success. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Celest had superior numbers from the beginning, but as always their leadership is lacking and their target priority still leaves something to be desired. We actually were facing an issue ourselves and we remedied it in the next wave, and it worked great. If you can't use your brain in conflict, instead of SMAAAASH SMAAAAAASH you won't go far.  

Not to mention I think 90% of Celest's people have no idea where they are at any point in time. There was only four people moving around.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Also on a side note, considering before the war started Valtreth's realm had been completely cleared of Legates, so there were none available to point score off when the war started, whereas Fain's realm was full of maggots the north had a massive advantage in terms of early available points that they completely failed to capitalise on.

If it was "lost from the beginning" it was due to poor tactics and execution, because numbers were certainly not a southern advantage at the start, nor were they towards the end.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Perhaps at the very beginning there were more numbers on the Valtreth side, but when I logged on, the Fain side had decidedly more people and it was a long while before enough people logged on to outnumber.
    Enyalida said:
    Perhaps at the very beginning there were more numbers on the Valtreth side, but when I logged on, the Fain side had decidedly more people and it was a long while before enough people logged on to outnumber.

Meld is only 1 person, Enyalida. 
    Munsia said:
    Enyalida said:

Meld is only 1 person, Enyalida. 
    Not many people seem to know how to deal with it. Pretty sure I also get weird looks at times when I rush off to break enemy melds rather than sit around and fight in them. No idea why. That said, Valtreth's realm is so annoying for breaking with the entrance being the way it is.