Issues between RL and IC. Help me out, guys!

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
edited April 2014 in The Real World
It seems my IRL wife has decided to try Lusternia. She's insanely jealous, and wants to sit next to me when we play so we can be together. Obviously, this is going to put a damper on all my Lusternian activities. I'm going have to instate some rules for you guys so I don't get in trouble.

1: From now on, no snuggling/licking/groping/leghumping/glomping/whatever to my characters. Even if you don't know it's my character, because you likely won't.

2: All of my Lusternian characters are now officially celibate. Sorry, ladies.

3: I'd appreciate it if you don't kill my characters in fights. I've told my wife that I'm one of the best pkers in the game, and if she sees me get killed, I'm going to get flak for it.

4: If you see one of my characters snuggling or being affectionate with another person and you're married to me ICly, don't take it personally. It's probably my wife. 

5: If anyone asks you about a character of mine, I'm an amazing and fun-loving person who helps everyone out and never causes trouble. I also never flirt with people and I'm generous to everyone.

Thanks, guys.
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Obv a troll, but I never liked your wife anyway...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Don't you cause trouble for me, Munsia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • That is a bit discomforting to think about.

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:
    Shaddus said:
    Don't you cause trouble for me, Munsia.
    So this means there is to be no more glomping or PKing of anyone, ever, right?  Since you are everyone and all.

Are you sure that you want your wife to get a glimpse of this multiple personality disorder?
    She's already emailed Estarra for my character list, and she's rolling a character to marry every un-married character I have.
    ... that is a lot of characters.

Did you perchance warn her of the multiplaying rule?  That might be one way to get out of this, if Lusternia suddenly sprouts a few thousand new shrubberies.
  • Why do I think this thread is more to do with the day of the year than anything else?
    What?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    What if I hit on your wife? ;)

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Hiriako said:
    Why do I think this thread is more to do with the day of the year than anything else?
    Of course not.  You should help a poor distressed guy out.  It is the polite thing to do.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ieptix said:
    I am Shaddus's wife. Hitting on me is not allowed.
    Don't knock it until I try it!

(Then please be gentle in your mockery)

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I have reason to suspect that the overmind of all Shaddus alts is Shaddus's pretty baby.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited April 2014
    Oh dear, what about @Niina
    is dead like the dodo
    You're about five days late and a dollar short for my April Fools joke.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oh you were joking?! INCOMING SNUGGLES.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Bring it on, DingoDaddy ;)
  • I couldn't tell if this was serious or not. :|
  • For me, the first two were "Uh, okay... nice thought". The third one made me look at the posted date :D
  • I've been in this boat.  My beautiful wife likes most of the graphical Mud's, and has managed to chain herself to me and insist we just keep cranking quests for hours and hours and hours (waaaaaaaay past bed time).  My advice? Let her try Lusternia.  Mine did.  She rolled a Glomdoring Wiccan and couldn't get past the Yon Mighty Wall of Text.  Dead stop.  Kaput.  Now I get to do whatever the hell I want.  My advice? Let her try it.
    </RANT>