New vermin curio sets

So, they recently installed a new set of curios for vermin-hunting, which I thought would be nifty neat-o so I skipped Kit merily along to go bash some pigeons and what-not. Lo-and-behold, said curios piece fell out of the pigeons boobs, and as Kit went to pick it up, it got kicked over the edge of the city into the deep, dark abyss of whatever that's under it. While I could blame massive hooves and clumsy brutish hands on the fumble- I doubt Lusternia hates me -that- much, so I did a little investigation and I found out Kit is not the only one having problems with this. Obviously they're supposed to fall like that, because our beautiful scripters took the time to put it in pretty colours to make sure you notice you just dropped the curios over the edge of the crystals, or whatever you kick them over in other cities/communes.

My questions are:

Is there a heaping pile of curios somewhere that someone is going to stumble upon and never have to bash again?
Do we (at some point) get these curios back?
Is this just a filler to make people think there are new curios, when there really aren't?
Is this just a filler until you figure out what the curios are going to do/look like, and then they'll magically re-appear in inventory?
Why are you toying with my emotions?

BEWARE THE KIT-E-KOI OFFSPRING

Comments

• ... I HATE APRIL FOOL'S DAY

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    DATE.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
  • Yea. I figured that out after I posted the question. I don't really celebrate April Fool's Day... It just pisses me off more than makes me laugh. It's like getting pinched.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    This was actually one of the better gags. The year they announced "We're coming both cities into one and both forests into one!" was blatantly obvious.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • they should have went with, "We're rolling monks into knights. Henceforth, knights can choose either monk skills or knight skills."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Especially if the 'special skill' you get for the set is some utility (non-travel, non-escape) ability that is comparable for each org.
  • If folks didn't want to believe it was true, they wouldn't have been inclined to believe it. And the joke wouldn't have worked.
    edited April 2014
    Well, I don't think anyone particularly wanted to believe more curios being released.
  • I think it made it harder for me to understand the joke because April Fool's Day in LUSTERNIA time, is about 5 hours before April Fool's Day in my time...

• Honestly, I'd love to see this actually happen. Especially if it's only weevil farming (as long as the curios stay "fluffy", i.e. something that's nice to look at but completely worthless in combat or bashing or anything).
    And not even the level of 'not useful' that are stoles/masks, which still serve a pretty solid combat use. More like the toy curios, those were great, and by far the most interesting/fun of all the curio sets.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Why isn't there a wrap size on signatures.....
  • Munsia said:
    Why isn't there a wrap size on signatures.....
    Because it was a lot smaller before I put it in my signature >.>

• There are three different signature sizes, and people feel compelled to pick the absolute biggest one
  • You're late, @Arix. Very late.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Arix said:
    There are three different signature sizes, and people feel compelled to pick the absolute biggest one
    Only the big one displays all the stats, is why. 
  • yeah, that bothers me. Why couldn't they have one like that that is smaller horizontally but larger vertically, or make the font a bit smaller, or both?

• Arix said:
    yeah, that bothers me. Why couldn't they have one like that that is smaller horizontally but larger vertically, or make the font a bit smaller, or both?

Best suggest that here. I agree though. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • While I love this idea, I think it can be improved slightly.

Right now, we all get cheese. Which, at least to me, feels really weird... I mean, why would pigeons and weevils be drawn to cheese? Instead, how about making one curio per org? For instance, Glom would get a gnarled piece of bark, Seren would get the branch of a sapling, Celest would get hol(e)y cheese, Mag would get a piece of moldy cheese, Halli would get... birdseeds, I guess, and Gaudi would get... uh... a pigeon? I have no clue what those lizards eat.

You can then change the drops to either occur based on your own affiliation (and keeping cheese for orgless), or you could change it to drop based on territory (and at the same time, add weevils/rats to neutral forests/urban, etc and have those drop cheese).

This would both A) differentiate them, having more for us to collect, and B) encourage trading (or sneaking in and killing vermin). The curios themselves are hardly powerful enough to be a worry, so there'd be no reason to collect them all (aside from simply collecting them all). Heck, could even make a set power that does something fun (like summoning vermin or something).
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I feel like the more pieces you get, the less chance of actually getting a curio piece.

I'm now running over 200 lizards without a single piece, and all I need now is the Rind

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yeah, that'd have to change if my suggestion is implemented. At least if you want to keep it sane...
  • Not sure it increases with the amount of pieces you have... or I'm just unlucky. I've got 148 weevils now, and no piece at all :(
  • Ssaliss said:
    Right now, we all get cheese. Which, at least to me, feels really weird... I mean, why would pigeons and weevils be drawn to cheese?
    WHY WOULD ANYTHING NOT WANT CHEESE
  • Pigeons eat anything! I've seen them eat chicken which kind of freaks me out.

BTW, the drop rate for the vermin curio is currently about a 1% chance.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Estarra said:
    Pigeons eat anything! I've seen them eat chicken which kind of freaks me out.

Pelicans are freakier.

• I hate you for showing me that....
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Hallifax just found a new mascot...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Zouviqil said:
    Estarra said:
    Pigeons eat anything! I've seen them eat chicken which kind of freaks me out.

Pelicans are freakier.

My Pitt Bull did something similar with a poodle today.. My neighbor's daughter was mortified. I at least managed to get the poodle out, but... I probably should have waited for the kid to leave. It was a mess. It looked like that puppy from American Dad that Stan tried to save....