DC Cherry Blossom Festival

KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
In the spirit of continued friendship, anyone want to go to the DC Cherry Blossom Festival/Japanese Street Festival on April 12? I've gone in the past and it's been really great, so thought it might be fun to meet up with Lusternians there. @Acrune is going!

http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/2013/12/11/sakura-matsuri-japanese-street-festival/

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I would if I could, but I can't. :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Tentative yes leaning towards full yes. :)

• edited April 2014
    can't was a lot of fun going up there but that drive about kill me coming back the same day.. about 11pm I started seeing things O_o
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Checking bus ticket prices that date tells me that it'd cost me even more money than last Saturday. Unfortunately, I won't really have that kind of money to spend, so pretend I'm there in spirit, being super awkward, but having fun on the inside.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Tentative yes.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • I'll see if my boss will kill me if I ask for another weekend day off this month, but its unlikely D:
    /cry
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • I really would love to go but I'm not sure if we can make that weekend. I'll get back to you.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    My wife and I were already planning on going to the festival that day, so we'll be down there, with my daughter in tow.

I'd be interested in meeting up, we don't know anyone in this area yet and while we live a bit farther away, it'd probably be good to hang out with some folks.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I was planning in dragging my boyfriend to it. Assuming I'm not still drunk from the Miley concert on the 10th.
  • Kelly said:
    In the spirit of continued friendship, anyone want to go to the DC Cherry Blossom Festival/Japanese Street Festival on April 12? I've gone in the past and it's been really great, so thought it might be fun to meet up with Lusternians there. @Acrune is going!

http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/2013/12/11/sakura-matsuri-japanese-street-festival/
    Glad to see meeting me had such a positive effect. My favourite cherry blossoms are the 'shidarezakura' which I'm hoping to see some in full bloom next week (... it might be too late).

You'll have to let me know if there are some in DC. If you have an opportunity, make sure you try some sakura mochi. It's an interesting wagashi... leaving behind the bitterness of winter for the sweetness of spring.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Yeah, I'm going to go nuts and eat all the great food, that's happening.
  • So I couldn't get the entire day off, but I get off work at 3. 

Question becomes: is this just for the street festival, or do we wanna do dinner and a bar afterwards (again) ?
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    I should be out and about with the boyfran in tow. I would like to grief meet some of you since I missed the meet.
  • @kelly @zouviqil @acrune @orventa @sior @synkarin @celina

So... do we want to do something concrete and meet during the festival and stuff, and/or dinner and a bar afterwards?

I mean, I'm gonna be in DC for the last few hours of the festival anyway, even if only to get my festival tshirt.
    So Acrune, Zyphora and I are planning on arriving at around 10:30. If anyone wants to join us, we'll meet up outside of the Smithsonian metro station (corner of Independence Ave SW and 12th St SW). We're probably going to head over to the Tidal Basin area to see the cherry blossoms, and then move onward to the parade and the street festival.

I guess let me know if we're expecting to meet up with you at 10:30, otherwise can PM me for my number and we'll try to get together at some point in the day! @Parua, I think we're up for dinner if we last that long.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I can't come. Still. :( Have a nice time though!
    I will nail down a time today hopefully.
  • I teach in the morning, but I'd be happy to meet up with you all in the early afternoon.
  • I'm still unsure. I'll know by Friday, maybe.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    My wife wants to see the parade, so we'll be down early at like 8 to grab a seat, mostly because she's crazy and wants a good seat and you know happy wife/happy life. 

So we can meet up later, we'll probably be leaving sometime late afternoon, early evening because 6 month old.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Leave it at home. Or sell it.
  • @kelly I'll plan on meeting up with you and @zyphora at 10:30, @llirrirov may or may not be also in attendance.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • Kelly said:
    So Acrune, Zyphora and I are planning on arriving at around 10:30. If anyone wants to join us, we'll meet up outside of the Smithsonian metro station
    Orventa said:
    kelly I'll plan on meeting up with you and zyphora at 10:30
    Are you uninviting me @Orventa?  =((
  • no XD, I'll meet you, @zyphora, @kelly and other lusternians at 10:30

@Celina‌ @Synkarin‌ where you at!!
    I am currently waiting for the boyfriend to get off work so we can go. 
  • edited April 2014
    Had fun, as usual! As soon as I figure out how to post the group pic, it'll be here...