Mysterious Doors Update

Comments

• Orti said:
    Llesvelt said:
    Orti said:
    Cyberpunk is evil. It's all about corporations and rich people being augmented and leaving bums with no money on the streets. The corporations wage war among one another and use those beneath them as pawns in the grand scheme of the Chess wars held by them.
    Unless it's Post-Cyberpunk.

Is it like Post-Punk?
    I have an excuse to link TV Tropes (how 2011)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PostCyberPunk
  • Llesvelt said:
    Orti said:
    Llesvelt said:
    Orti said:
    Cyberpunk is evil. It's all about corporations and rich people being augmented and leaving bums with no money on the streets. The corporations wage war among one another and use those beneath them as pawns in the grand scheme of the Chess wars held by them.

Is it like Post-Punk?

Well, that would make Hallifax Post-Cyberpunk right now.

Also, is there descriptions around of all the rooms and statues floaitng around? I seem to have overlooked them

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited December 2012
    Orti said:
    Llesvelt said:
    Orti said:
    Llesvelt said:
    Orti said:

Is it like Post-Punk?

Well, that would make Hallifax Post-Cyberpunk right now.

Also, is there descriptions around of all the rooms and statues floaitng around? I seem to have overlooked them
    Not logged in summary: the Aero statue is some weird dude. He's some manly-jawed half-breed hair trill ( @Eritheyl I'm tagging you because I know how much you love hair trill) with a ton of scars and a neck tattoo we can't read. Ok, it might just be an engraving on the statue, not a neck tattoo...either way his hair is in the way. And he has a disc of unknown purpose propped up against his leg (scars perhaps from multiple hoverboard accidents?? This warrants further investigation.)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hair trill?  :-&
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    Yes, the dreaded trill with hair. Normally it's a result of people not reading the part where trill don't have hair, but in this case he's deliberately intended to be a half-breed. (If he was bizarrely short then he'd also have the midget trill offense, where people skip over the part in HELP TRILL that says they are quite tall but very light and just assume their size means it's ok for a trill to be 5 feet tall. Noooooooo! MY PEDANTRY!)
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Magistrate Phoebus is slandering the city! Trust not her words. There is no such thing as a hair trill. Trill are ideal the way they are and would not deign to mess up their genetic perfection so, especially one so important as to be immortalized as a statue.

(@Daraius: Log in and we can show you the hair trill so you can throw up in person. :D)

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited December 2012
    Phoebus said:
    Daraius said:
    Yes, the dreaded trill with hair. Normally it's a result of people not reading the part where trill don't have hair, but in this case he's deliberately intended to be a half-breed. (If he was bizarrely short then he'd also have the midget trill offense, where people skip over the part in HELP TRILL that says they are quite tall but very light and just assume their size means it's ok for a trill to be 5 feet tall. Noooooooo! MY PEDANTRY!)
    That's almost as bad as those loboshigaru who thought that they were descended from actual wolves, and just ignored me when I tried to explain Loboshi.

EDIT: Oh, and you should get the gods to put in a line in HELP TRILL ala the dracnari and merian help files: Trills do not recognize half-breeds: either you are a trill or are not, denoted by the ability to grow feathers instead of hair.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I am wolf, arooooo!

^-- Sure sounds like a great basis for RP!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2012
    Just removed a very long and very angry hair trill rant, probably good for my troll point count. I'm not even registering this as a thing. In fact, I'm ignoring the bait completely and talking to @Qistrel instead! Hrmph!

I think that's a fabulous suggestion, and had a fantastic laugh as I remembered the Ask Estarra which explored the realms of trill nipples. We  need a thread with links to all of those, I think.

Back on-topic: I've been eagerly awaiting some progress, but logically I have to assume the stuff in the magic-fun-rooms won't be doing a thing until the Wheel is done with its awkward teenage instability. This makes me lore-happy, but wait-sad.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited December 2012
    Qistrel said:
    Phoebus said:
    Daraius said:
    That's almost as bad as those loboshigaru who thought that they were descended from actual wolves, and just ignored me when I tried to explain Loboshi.

EDIT: Oh, and you should get the gods to put in a line in HELP TRILL ala the dracnari and merian help files: Trills do not recognize half-breeds: either you are a trill or are not, denoted by the ability to grow feathers instead of hair.

----hurrrrrrdurrrr quotes----They aren't excluded because of it, though! It can just be a bit of a shock to see a trill with hair (and Phoebus thinks hair is super weird, no matter who it's on; trill with hair are doubleweird). At least that's how it's always played out when one pops up. Half-trill are fine, just sort of odd initially. It's when someone has hair and is like no way I'm trill all the way no humans here nope that it takes all of my strength not to start giving mandatory pedantic lectures. Honestly, it already says right there in the file, "no trill grows hair". People should just read a little closer. Usually if someone is new and they make a trill with hair I'll poke them OOCly and make sure they didn't just overlook that part, and a lot of the time they did just miss it and are glad to have it pointed out to them so they can fix it. That's fine! Then sometimes you get more along the lines of "I DO WHAT I WANT". That is not as fine. That makes me sad.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    ...and they're usually blue.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Haha, if it's any consolation, several admin had the same 'You know trill don't have hair...?' 'Yes, it's a half-breed.' reaction.

Someone up here is just trolling everyone. Hard.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Eventru said:
    Haha, if it's any consolation, several admin had the same 'You know trill don't have hair...?' 'Yes, it's a half-breed.' reaction.

You're not supposed to out yourself while sneak trolling. You're losing your touch.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Eventru trolls?

News to me.
  • Neos said:
    Eventru said:
    Haha, if it's any consolation, several admin had the same 'You know trill don't have hair...?' 'Yes, it's a half-breed.' reaction.

You're not supposed to out yourself while sneak trolling. You're losing your touch.
    It wasn't me.

(I had the same eye-twitch inducing reaction as Foe bus.)
  • Back on-topic: I've been eagerly awaiting some progress, but logically I have to assume the stuff in the magic-fun-rooms won't be doing a thing until the Wheel is done with its awkward teenage instability. This makes me lore-happy, but wait-sad.
    I kind of hope that's not the case.  The quest promos seem to be a monthly thing IRE implemented last year.  Two years ago there was a quest to just log in each day, and that didn't interfere with the whole Gnafia climax, but last year we had the Gifting tree, and that waited until the end of the month to have a purpose.  

If anything, I hope that the quest promos don't force the admin to delay launching other aspects of the plot.  I could see the Time Dames being defeated but the wheel being left over.  I'd rather not have the quests have too much undue influence over the plots.  I say this because I felt the Gnafia event climaxed at the perfect time, just before the Christmas break, when people are getting out of school and work but not yet enjoying family festivities--while last year's Icewynd was okay but because of delays it launched New Years Eve, a horrible time for the population to be active.  I'd hate to think we'd be forced to delay something cool because of a quest promotion.

(Of course, a lot of times this is out of the admin's complete control--in many cases, the end of the story arc also is accompanied by something new--two years ago it was the Aether Ring political system, last year is was the Icewynd continent itself--so some of this time is meant to delay and get last minute touches on these elements.)

That reminds me to write something in Xenthos' event thread with some more details when I get a chance...
    [BANNERCODE]
  • To note, IRE did not force the wheel to be the monthly quest. We decided that it would be the form said monthly quest took for the month.

I don't think anything is being delayed because of it.
  • edited December 2012
    Okay, I was just trying to make sure that these monthly mandates aren't interfering with the general plot.  You do a real good job of implementing things, but sometimes when something becomes regular it's hard not to get some cynicism attached to it.  

I hope a lot of interesting things happen this month.  :-)
    [BANNERCODE]
  • The other games seem to generally keep pulling out the same generic quests whenever these monthly happenings roll around. It's only Lusternia that gets cool about it and weaves the promotion into some ICly packaging. It's very enjoyable really.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Tully said:
    Okay, I was just trying to make sure that these monthly mandates aren't interfering with the general plot.  You do a real good job of implementing things, but sometimes when something becomes regular it's hard not to get some cynicism attached to it.  

I, for one, am excited for the end of the year event. I think there's a lot of something for most everyone, though maybe some people will feel they've got 'less' than others.

But hey, can't please everyone!

Frankly, I think even the ne'er-do-wells like @Celina (who always seems to have a complaint! Yes! You, @Celina!) will be happy, but I could be wrong.

And I'm quite sure we'll see a lot of questions resolved before the end of the month.

And that is all I will say!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Very excited! Our end of the year events are always top-notch and I think we're all longing to see all these plot points resolved.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I hope the mere fact that I'm agonizing over what to do indicates how much I'm enjoying it. :D

Eventru said:
    Neos said:
    Eventru said:

It wasn't me.

(I had the same eye-twitch inducing reaction as Foe bus.)
    Why are you calling me that. That is not how my name is pronounced. A-are you in league with the telemarketers??

(Crap, I got effectively trolled by Eventru.)
    He's had a lot of practice, don't feel bad!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Eventru said:
    Tully said:

I, for one, am excited for the end of the year event. I think there's a lot of something for most everyone, though maybe some people will feel they've got 'less' than others.

But hey, can't please everyone!

Frankly, I think even the ne'er-do-wells like @Celina (who always seems to have a complaint! Yes! You, @Celina!) will be happy, but I could be wrong.

And I'm quite sure we'll see a lot of questions resolved before the end of the month.

And that is all I will say!

I prefer to think of myself as the cold slap of reality in your positive land of rainbows and puppies.

I just keep it real, boo.

• Personally, I'd like to see progression. A long event can be good, but right now the rooms don't seem to be doing much. Lulls are fine, but I'm hoping that something more happens before christmas.
    Given past precedent, it will.
  • Be careful what you wish for...look at what's been happening in the other IRE games...and look at the shard visions...
    [BANNERCODE]
  • What has been happening in the other IRE games?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited December 2012
    Well, I only know what I see from IRE's Facebook Feed--I think they killed all the gods in Imperian and replaced them with cults, and several in Achaea, and they just destroyed Shallam in Achaea.

Not to say this is a some kind of meta-plot or marketing mandate or anything...

Then again, considering the visions, I wouldn't get too comfortable either...
    [BANNERCODE]