Houston, we have a problem

NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
So, last night, or rather, early this morning, I went to bed with my comp behaving, but after waking up later in the day, I discovered a weird issue. For some reason, my comp is constantly scrolling up, but only in (as far as I know), 3 situations, in mudlet, when the cursor is in the firefox tab list, and whenever I press ctrl(so it keeps zooming in), google was of little help. So, I am hoping someone here knows how to fix this issue, as it really messes with me being able to wander about in the internet and highlight things to be quoted and preserved in mudlet. This continues to happen even with my touchpad off and me using my usb mouse. Halp.
Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
You can't really same the same, can you?
Zvoltz said:
"The Panthron"

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Check if pageup/arrow buttons are stuck?  I imagine there's some sort of keyboard viewer for your version of windows that'll show any active keys.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Not that I can see, and somehow, Google continues to fail me.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can you try disabling the touch pad and not attaching a mouse? Try opening Mudlet via keyboard shortcuts, see if it happens for you. I had something similar happen to me on my friend's notebook, but it went away on its own, too, so I never figured out what happened.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited April 2014
    No, it is not any stuck keys, the scrolling only happens when the cursor is over the area, e,g: the main mudlet screen or any miniconsoles I have.

@Siam solved it, it seems, which really sucks, as I can't play my games without my mouse :(

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can get a cheap usb mouse, @Neos! :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Check you haven't somehow activated some funky ease of access option that does autoscroll or something. I know I've done that sort of thing before.

I already have a mouse, but it has some issues and seems to what was the cause of the issue. I'll probably try and find a new one next time I get paid.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Could be driver issue. I'd reinstall those. Even the native windows drivers can get corrupted. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I figure we can use this thread as a general-purpose assistance thread instead of me making my own. Maybe someone can help?

I recently got a new internet connection, and a router (A netgear, I can't remember the model as I'm at work). It simply can't connect to MUDs - I log in and I can act for about 30 seconds then it freezes up and disconnects. I'm connected via Wi-Fi and I've updated the router firmware, as well as the drivers for my Wi-Fi network cards.

I don't suppose anyone who's tricky with networky stuff might be able to help me out with some troubleshooting? :(
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Iora said:
    I figure we can use this thread as a general-purpose assistance thread instead of me making my own. Maybe someone can help?

I recently got a new internet connection, and a router (A netgear, I can't remember the model as I'm at work). It simply can't connect to MUDs - I log in and I can act for about 30 seconds then it freezes up and disconnects. I'm connected via Wi-Fi and I've updated the router firmware, as well as the drivers for my Wi-Fi network cards.

I don't suppose anyone who's tricky with networky stuff might be able to help me out with some troubleshooting? :(
    It doesn't sound like the router is the problem, imo. Still, easy way to see if that's what's causing the issue would be to eliminate the router from the equation. Hook up your computer directly to your cable modem/whatever, see if the problem persists. If it does, time to call and yell at your ISP. If not, I'd ask if you bought said router second hand/refurbished. If you did, locate the reset button. If not, well... might be the router itself is borked, as I doubt any router comes with factory settings set to disconnect anything on port 23.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.