Petition to bring back FAIN!!!

Well with Morgfyre gone, Magnagora is sadly down to one God.  Leading with the chin, I am starting a petition to bring back Fain.  Magnagora's evil levels are slowly rising but we need more hatred!!  BRING BACK FAIN and give us the hatred we need to dominate the basin!!

So if you agree, post your comment and show support.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!

(Disclaimer: I want my Morgy back)

• edited April 2014
    ...Lyreth forever? I MEAN FAAAAINN AND MOORGGY!

• Bunnies and kittens for FAIN's lunch.  You will please Fain, Pectus.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Out of the various divines in the game, that one that always spoke most to me was Fain.  If I were a Magnagoran, would join that order at the drop of a hat.  Active god or no.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-deep breath-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Tarkenton said:
    Out of the various divines in the game, that one that always spoke most to me was Fain.  If I were a Magnagoran, would join that order at the drop of a hat.  Active god or no.
    That's exactly how I ended up in my Glom Order.

And she ended up be so freaking awesome I can't help but stay. Even if she is that evil guy stroking his cat, but her cat is a scythe.

• I'd have to play a certain other character then again if that happens. I don't have the time for that. But I still think Fain is like one of the most awesome Divine and having some proper evil Divine would be seriously great. Dilemma! Can we have Fain back and 48 hours in a day? That'd solve it :D
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN
  • In character, Iytha never really liked Fain, but OOC he's like, my favourite god. Up Fain!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Psssst. I don't think it works that way.
    Celina said:
    Psssst. I don't think it works that way.
    Shh, don't let the maggots know.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

• Even if it doesn't work that way, just let us dream ;-; Let us dream and hope.

edited April 2014
    This

If Fain came back, I'd likely drop all my alts (probably) and play Shaddus full time. There's nothing quite as fun as ordaining someone in Fain's order. If you don't know what I mean, ask someone ;)
  • You know... I'm wondering if this wouldn't honestly reduce the chances of a new Fain showing up. I mean, consider all the pressure you're piling up on the new Fain. All the expectations to fulfill. All the hopes that'll be dashed because there are so many ideas of what he should be. It's a scary thought.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    You know... I'm wondering if this wouldn't honestly reduce the chances of a new Fain showing up. I mean, consider all the pressure you're piling up on the new Fain. All the expectations to fulfill. All the hopes that'll be dashed because there are so many ideas of what he should be. It's a scary thought.
    Fain wouldn't have to to anything. He could just stand there and people would grovel and build offering piles all around Him. Then he could give many a short nod of the head and everyone would go wild and bring in MORE CORPSES. See, easy :D
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    See? Everyone gets it but Kiradawea.

I guess we'll have to prod Fain into hating shards of Bollikin for opposing his return, /rp /plot
    Yeah.  Shaddus' bit of work there is the exact reason why I like Fain.  Willing to do what has to be done to serve the greater good.
  • That's a big part of Urlach, too.
    ... I swear, if I didn't have so much fun on Tark, I'd seriously consider a mag alt.
  • Tarkenton said:
    ... I swear, if I didn't have so much fun on Tark, I'd seriously consider a mag alt.
    No.

:D

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • Tarkenton said:
    DO IT!!

• Leolamins said:
    Tarkenton said:
    DO IT!!
    Again. No. :D

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2014
    An actual response now, though I totes understand if I get a flood of disagrees

I mean, you can compare any god to Sartan and they'll appear to be the most sophisticated, deep individuals. I'm of the personal opinion that Fain is tragic, but a little hackneyed; His "Fall from Grace" has been written over and over again, and his chess metaphors and sadism are overplayed to me. Maybe it's because I've never been in His Order and actually understood what He was all about.

Raezon, though, has always been intriguing to me. I shipped Him and Zvoltz on the side.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    A lot of people misconstrue what Fain is about and use their manipulating powers against other Mags for no reason other then they can.

Funny enough, the last brief (drunk) Fain we had did the same thing, and ended up getting two people(who had Epics completed) kicked from Mag.

I'll pass.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Fury and hatred surge through you as you ball your fist and punch the air, screaming
    "FAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!"
    </RANT>
  • I support this petition.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Fain is actually a lot about screwing with mortals because he can. He has larger aims at the same time, but no, people are not misconstruing that. It's very much a part if his character. He's addicted to wrath and rage, and sometimes he screws with people just because it makes his ragey heart feel good.