Bitter Memories

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
edited April 2014 in Event Scrolls

I did not mean to make @Carakhan cry. :( I was just soooo excited about seeing an obscure divine from the Histories!

-----------------------------------------------------

--- the Fulcrux of Carakhan ----- -2:0:-2 ---
The Fulcrux of Carakhan.
The area, spotless, glows with a soft golden light. Its soft flesh open to the air, a giant clam 
rests here, a towering sculpture of etched pearl rising within its centre depicting a beautiful 
woman in a flowing ivory gown. A large clam rests within the cavern, occasionally snapping its shell 
open and shut, its opalescent carapace reflecting a multitude of hues from its surface. Her coiled 
tail curling between four fearsome legs, a light grey chimaera with a smooth, feathery pelt crouches 
quietly within her surroundings. A proud pegasus with skeletal wings is here, stomping at the ground 
with one hoof. Armed and armoured in the lambent Glory of the Exalted, a proud Imperial Merian 
Premier stands here at the ready. Tully, Janitor of the Basin is here. He wields Tully's Original 
Golden Broom in his left hand. Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms stands here within a writhing cloud 
of spiders and beetles. He wields an enigmatic nekai of masks in each hand. A solstice dragon lies 
coiled here, blowing puffs of red and green smoke. Daebach is here, pondering thoughtfully. He 
wields a carved aquatic mandolin in his left hand and a glowing powerstone in his right. Grandmaster 
Ryboi D'Varden is here, shrouded. He wields a vibrant mandolin of songbirds and stars in his left 
hand and a gilded shield depicting the Star of Celest in his right. Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean 
lingers, glistening with mist.
You see a single exit leading through an opalescent clamshell.

You see the following people here:
Neos, Tully, Hiriako, Kelly, Daebach, Kethaera, Ryboi, Carakhan, Zouviqil, Siam.

look carakhan
She is a radiant immortal and possessed of an otherworldly sophistication and grace in Her posture 
and movements. She contemplates the world about Her with stormy, sea-green eyes set above a rounded 
nose and dark green lips. Kelp-brown hair has been gathered in elaborate braids about Her head while 
the rest has been left to tumble till Her lower back in a thick, luxurious river of silken threads. 
Her soft skin is a vibrant blue, a stark reminder of the deep, tumultuous sea, and glistens with the 
mist that embraces her refined physique. She is wearing a flowing ivory gown, a crown of gold and 
coral and an effulgent string of freshwater pearls.

Princess Kelly McCloud asks, "Were You related to Meridian?"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean's face breaks into a smile and Her eyes sparkle in amusement.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says to Neos, "How would you know? Though you assume correctly."

You say, "And Amberle."

You say, "Wait."

You say, "Lady Carakhan."

Keeper of the Word, Neos Eli'Silar, Aquamantic Egomaniac says to Carakhan, "It shows in your bearing.  We but stumble about in comparison to you."

You ask, "What of Fininkora, Agnomenon, Luriki and Panamandius?"

You ask Carakhan, "You alone survived?"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean's countenance grows somber and She looks away, Her face an impassive mask for a moment.

You ask, "...Lady Carakhan?"

You ask, "What happened?"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "I was hoping you would tell Me, but I take it you do not bring Me good news?"

You ask Carakhan, "Were you separated?"

Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms says, "We have not heard of Them, Lady. Though there is thought that Fininkora has sharded."

You say, "And Agnomenon, we believe He splintered to become the Gnomes."

You ask, "What of Luriki and Panamandius, Lady Pearl?"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean turns away as a sob chokes Her up.

You say, "...when You departed...the Soulless assaulted."

Neos creases his brow in a frown.

You say, "Just as the Domotheon Spires were being lowered..."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean buries Her face in Her hands and stands quiet besides the clam for a spell.

Her Siam Star-eyes hovers towards Carakhan, unsure...

Kelly glances askance at you.

Through Her hands, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "I do not know, we were split up so soon...too soon. Luriki, She... I am not sure."

Zouviqil Myeras, Queen of the Night looks towards you for a moment, before glancing askance towards Hiriako.

Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms says, "Then I can only hope that They surface again someday."

Softly, you say, "The Almighty Himself assaulted Your group..."

Siam looks away, star-eyes swirling dimly.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean lets Her hands drop to Her sides and does not turn back to face the gathering.

Shadows dance across the rocky walls, perpetually avoiding the available light.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Enough... do you think this Lady Carakhan has been through enough today."

Quietly, you say, "My apologies if I touched upon unhappy memories."

You turn your back on Ryboi and pointedly ignore him.

Quietly, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "The seas give Me peace, the seas give Me the quiet. It too shall pass as the waves wash away this pain."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Ryboi suddenly inhales deeply.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "There is hope yet. Always hope."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean grips the edge of the clam, gathers Herself, and turns back.

Softly, you say, "Meridian was the last to splinter, if that offers You any consolation..."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "You are correct, Princess, there is always hope. There is always more in the depths of the oceans, you never know the whole."

Kelly nods her head.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean nods softly to you.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Lisaera mentioned it as We waited, struggling to break through."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean sweeps Her gaze over Kelly.

Kelly tilts her head curiously.

You ask, "Where were You trapped in?"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Just outside the entrance into the Basin I was told, something, that beast, has clogged up the passage."

With a quick beat of your wings, you cautiously circle the area and study your surroundings.

Curious, you ask, "What of that fragrance, Lady Pearl?"

Carakhan blinks.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "The fragrance?"

Looking distant, you say, "It was present when the Lord Predator returned."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean laughs softly as She brushes away a stray tear still clinging to the edge of Her eye.

Estarra's voice shatters the cosmic equilibrium, "Welcome back to the First World, lost elders. And thank you, Lisaera, for leading them back."

Shadows dance across the rocky walls, perpetually avoiding the available light.

Kelly looks up into the air for divine inspiration.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "Have you not smelled our corpulent companion?"

You ask, "We were busy...trying to kill it?"

Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms says to you, "I believe She refers to Lord Crumkane."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean shakes Her head lightly and then nods in agreement.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "All the time He would go on about pastry and spices, and sugar and baking."

Softly, you say, "We have long suspected that Drocilla lurks thereabouts close to the First World, waiting."

The divine voice of Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights reverberates powerfully, "Thank You, Creatrix, and You as well, Lisaera. Soon, We shall all feast! As soon as I find a suitable kitchen, of course."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "The Traitors... They are...?"

Softly, you say, "Some are returned."

You shrug helplessly.

Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms says, "Some walk. The Masque is known to us, for one."

You say, "The Masque was first to return."

Kelly suddenly loses focus in her eyes and shudders, then looks curiously refreshed.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean's brow furrows and green lips pull into a thin line.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "And Mysrai is here and has done naught about it?"

Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms says, "Nor has Hoaracle."

Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms says, "Though I believe Him to be in the Dream at this time."

Her face lighting up, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "Ah! Hoaracle has returned too?"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean's enthusiasm washes away and She sighs softly.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Lisaera has omitted mentioning that little tidbit."

You say, "Eventru and Lyreth are lost."

You glance askance at Carakhan.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "What?!"

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Well, when you say lost you mean merged to form Lord Valtreth."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "They are not 'lost'. They are one."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean balls Her fists up and takes a few steps forwards.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "What do you mean merged?"

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says to Carakhan, "They are one now known as Lord Valtreth."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "How is that even... possible? Are They stronger through that? Weaker? Are They the same?"

Hiriako shrugs helplessly.

You say, "It's not the first it has happened."

You say, "Elcyrion and Lacostian, too, merged."

You say, "Into Elostian, an Uncircled."

You shrug helplessly.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says to Carakhan, "Most would gather the same, but no one knows for sure really."

You say, "I cannot answer for Lord Valtreth's ways."

You tilt your head curiously at Neos.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "They retain memories from each Divine, though They have become a new entity. Perhaps not stronger or weaker. Changed."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Despite His origins, Lord Valtreth is His own personage."

Keeper of the Word, Neos Eli'Silar, Aquamantic Egomaniac says, "Their demeanor is different from what they once were. Parts of both Lord Eventru and Lord Lyreth make up the whole."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "That is...such an odd practice. We have never before acknowledge that such can be done or that it is permissible to join two Elders so."

You say, "It is often done at great need, Lady."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "I suppose just as it was not conceivable that we mortal shards could be created."

Shaking Her head, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "So too have the Traitors done things "at great need", it does not make them right."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "I must speak to this Valtreth and Elostian after I recover My strength."

With a flourish of her arm, Azula bows deeply.

You say, "Perhaps, you have to meet the Lord of the Dawn Yourself."

Acknowledging your point to be true, Carakhan nods Her head gravely at you.

You say, "Elostian is...lost, somehow."

Keeper of the Word, Neos Eli'Silar, Aquamantic Egomaniac says, "To Elostian Lord Elostian is no more... Of sorts."

Azula bows respectfully to Carakhan.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean exhales softly and closes Her eyes as if meditating.

You say, "His essence is scattered. The Dreamer Himself had to have His essence gathered."

Her voice barely a whisper, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Please. I cannot hear of more loss."

You open your mouth but say nothing.

Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms says to Zouviqil, "Perhaps it is best that we depart for the time being?"

You look resentfully at Hiriako and pout with a vengeance.

Still quietly, but stronger, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "I thought... when I just make it through, make it home, I will be able to paint the shells and sculpts the beaches again."

Zouviqil Myeras, Queen of the Night says to Hiriako, "Aye, I think we bring no good news for Her, and another has caused enough grief in our place."

You smile your sweetest, most innocent smile.

With a flourish of his arm, Hiriako bows deeply.

Zouviqil inclines her head politely to Carakhan.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean nods acknowledging the point.

Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms says, "Please pardon our leave."

A stirring breeze caresses your exposed skin, sending shivers through your body.

You say, "No, don't!"

You give a pained sigh.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "There shall always be adversity, but You should celebrate Your return, surely. There is much good in this world, and much to rediscover."

You incline your head politely to Carakhan.

Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms says to Carakhan, "Sadness aside, please accept our welcome upon the return of all of You to the Basin. It shall bring much liveliness, I imagine."

Zouviqil leaves, following Hiriako Myeras, Tender of Swarms.

You say to Carakhan, "If I bore You grief, my apologies, Lady. It is rare to meet one as elusive as Yourself."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Quite right, Princess, and the oceans and seas are still here, untouched by the Soulless, least as far as I can sense."

Azula smiles softly at you.
Carakhan nods Her head at you.

Ryboi nods his head at Carakhan.

Keeper of the Word, Neos Eli'Silar, Aquamantic Egomaniac says to Carakhan, "We of the Aquamancers and Celest continue to protect them."

Sidereal Adjudicator, Azula Vivalde says to you, "Perhaps a new reason to... calibrate things?"

You say to Carakhan, "Welcome back. I am sure You will find Yourself settled soon."

You incline your head politely to those around you.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback