Storytelling with Lady Carakhan!

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
edited April 2014 in Event Scrolls

What started as a conversation between Kagato, Ryboi and Carakhan soon become a full storytelling session when Kelly and Meliana decided to drop by the fulcrux :)

A ray of light falls upon the ground and spills forth into a coruscating pool of water. Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean rises from the shimmering surface with languid grace.

"Eh?" Ryboi says curiously.

Ryboi quickly ducks down.

You have emoted: Kagato kneels respectfully in greeting as Lady Carakhan arrives, bowing his head.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says to Carakhan, "Hello, My Lady!"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean swivels towards the shrine, oblivious to Her surroundings.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean lays Her hands upon the shrine quickly, Her eyes closed and lips pulled tight in concentration.

The ground beneath your feet shakes again, stirring the pool and sending shards of rock shaking loose off the ceiling.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean lets out a gentle, soothing hum which promptly restores order and the grotto falls silent and still once more.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says to Carakhan, "Are You okay, Lady Carakhan?"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean opens Her eyes and exhales slowly while turning to face you.

Ryboi kneels before Carakhan, swearing his allegiance to Her.

A small, polite smile to Her lips, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Yes, yes I think so. I am just still weakened a little from the journey and the fulcrux responds to that."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean lays a hand to Her side, feeling for something in a pocket, and upon finding and squeezing it, She visibly calms down.

You say, "I bid You greeting, Lady Carakhan."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Hopefully the essence people have been offering will help."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says to Carakhan, "May I ask what You have in Your pocket?"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean pulls the hand away and smiles mysteriously. "Wouldn't you like to know," she says and visibly relaxes.

Ryboi chuckles long and heartily.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Greetings to both of you, I have sensed your presence often within the fulcrux."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "The mysteries of an Elder Goddess. Beautiful yet still mysterious."

Ryboi's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean smiles with pleasure at the comment and nods.

Emeraude, the Mizuchi slithers forward without awaiting her masters permission, coiling her long, sinuous body around The Pearl of the Ocean and offering her own greeting.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Your fulcrux makes me feel secure... I know You are always watching which comforts me I guess..."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean lays a gentle hand upon the serpentine beast and drags Her fingers down the scales slowly with a smile.

Emeraude, the Mizuchi says, "My lady... it is an honour to finally be able to lay mine own eyes on you..."

A light grey chimaera with a smooth, feathery pelt prowls in from the ether, making her presence known with a mighty roar.

Kelly blinks.

Kelly gives Carakhan a respectful salute.

In agreement, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Yes, I do not believe either you nor Kagato have had the pleasure yet."

Meliana curtseys gracefully before Carakhan.

You say, "The pleasure and honour is mine, my Lady."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Ah Princess and the Prelate, welcome."

Kagato bows deeply and holds as long as is appropriate before standing again.

Princess Kelly McCloud smiles and says, "Pardon if we're intruding, Meliana was wanting to offer."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "It is good to see You again, Lady."

Prelate of Loving Radiance, Meliana Regalis Lost Lady of the Hallow Waters says to Carakhan, "It is lovely to see You again, Lady."

Meliana's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says to Carakhan, "May I capture Your beauty in a canvas painting?"

Ryboi gasps suddenly and begins to inhale and exhale deeply and rapidly.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Ah, yes, the Prelate has been quite the passionate presence here and has piled the offerings upon My shrine even more than others."

Carakhan nods Her head at Ryboi.

Meliana blushes furiously.

With a careful eye, Ryboi balances a palette of paints in one hand and props a canvas on his knee. After pondering Carakhan's profile, he attacks the canvas with furious brush strokes and soon has created a painting of Carakhan.

Kagato smiles softly, nodding.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "She has been rather industrious."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean has bestowed Her divine highfavour upon you. It will last for 4 months.

You say, "Thank You, my Lady..."

Prelate of Loving Radiance, Meliana Regalis Lost Lady of the Hallow Waters says, "Thank You, Lady Carakhan."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden smiles broadly and says, "Thank You, Lady Carakhan."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean nods and waves Her hand dismissively of the issue.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean rubs the side of Her gown over the pocket and nods to Herself as well.

Ryboi's eyes sparkle with amusement at Carakhan.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says to Carakhan, "I'll be ever wondering what is in that pocket of Yours now!"

You say to Ryboi, "Now now, a female is allowed to have Her secrets..."

Kelly glances askance at Ryboi.

Princess Kelly McCloud says to Carakhan, "Have You become reacclimated to the First World?"

Mysteriously, a vague smile to Her lips, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Some secrets ought to remain secrets."

Ryboi's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Ryboi nods his head emphatically.

Meliana nods her head sagely at Carakhan.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "Ryboi is rather nosey."

Ryboi rolls his eyes skyward and splurts, "Pfffft."

You smirk.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden sticks out his tongue and says, "Inquisitive."

Princess Kelly McCloud smiles and says to Ryboi, "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

You say, "A rose by any other name..."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Ryboi chuckles long and heartily.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Plex excuse me one moment."

Ryboi looks about himself suspiciously.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Please even."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "The journey to the Plane of Water a month or so ago was very informative, but it is but a sample of the First World since My last visit to it."

You have emoted: Kagato nods understandingly.

You say, "Much would likely have changed since You last gazed upon the basin..."

You say, "Not all necessarily for the better..."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden smiles and says to Carakhan, "I hope this helps a little..."

Acknowledging Ryboi's point to be true, Carakhan nods Her head gravely at him.

In agreement, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Quite so, so much has changed that I fumble to grasp the enormity of the history that passed."

Ryboi suddenly inhales deeply.

A light grey chimaera with a smooth, feathery pelt prowls about on her taloned paws, barbed tail swishing behind her.

You say, "Indeed... The basin has had its fair share of close calls over the years now. But I wish not to trouble you wish such negative thoughts."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "I was promised a tale on the life of Emperor Ladantine, for example, and eagerly await said details for his deeds seem crucial to the organisation you all hail from."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean arches Her green eyebrows lightly and sweeps Her gaze over those gathered expectantly.

Ryboi ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

You say, "I think I should leave such a story in the hands of our leader, it is only fitting, if she wishes to be the one to tell of it."

Kelly ponders the situation.

You have emoted: Kagato glances at Kelly.

You say, "Not that I wish to push the task on you."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "I am not the greatest scholar, but perhaps you may all fill in the gaps."

Ryboi smiles softly.

You say, "I will help where I can, as I am sure will the rest of us."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "I believe, from a young age, Ladantine was rather gifted, intelligent."

With a delicate gesture, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean conjures a sizeable globe of water and perches elegantly upon it.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "As others said, he learned to manipulate others through dreamweaving, and I believe kept such a secret for a time."

Ryboi sits himself down.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "We mostly know of him by his reign as Emperor of Celest. It was a predominantly merian city, which was built on the island that was formerly in the Crystal Sea."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Ah, so a city composed of the shards of Meridian?"

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "Largely, yes. There were a motley of others, though merians were considered to be of the highest class."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "We are a proud race, some more zealous in this conviction than others."

Inquisitively, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Does that hold true for New Celest? Is it predominately merian?"

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "We have many merian citizens, given our natural affinity to Water and New Celest's proximity to the Inner Sea and our heritage in what we now call Old Celest."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "But New Celest is rather diversified."

Ryboi's body and features begin to melt like wax, then solidifies into a merian.

You say, "You could almost call it a melting pot of various races, though Merians do make up a respectable portion of the citizenship, the only races that are not permitted are the Viscanti and Illithoid."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Reminded me..."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean absently fiddles with a string of pearls at Her neckline as She considers this and nods along for the tale to continue.

Prelate of Loving Radiance, Meliana Regalis Lost Lady of the Hallow Waters says, "Viscanti are allowed as citizens, they just cannot draw from our Pool."

You say, "Sorry, yes, that is true."

Continuing, Princess Kelly McCloud says, "The city was at the centre of an Empire, having treaties with the cities of Gaudiguch, Hallifax, and Magnagora to form the alliance of the Holy Celestine Empire. It was the hub of the Basin."

Interrupting the tale, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "And the viscanti are? That does not sound like the name of any Elder I am familiar with."

Kelly looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "They come later in the tale."

You say, "The viscanti are, for lack of a better term, beings inherently altered by the taint, but as Kelly said, that will be explained."

Kelly nods her head at you.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean gazes off to the side while gesturing for a continuation, still listening but considering the information.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "Our ancestors had embarked on journeys to the planes of Water, which You visisted the other month, and to Celestia, the cosmic creche of Lady Terentia and Her siblings. But those of the old Celest had hypothesized that there was a plane even beyond that, where we might discover a source of power that would lend aid to the ailing Basin of Life, which was still recovering from the destruction that was the Vernal Wars - the aftermath of our sharded races fighting with the remaining Soulless Gods."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "So Emperor Ladantine created what they called Project Cosmic Hope. It was an expedition to traverse through a nexus of power to whatever plane lay beyond the Cosmic realm."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "It was decided that the expedition would embark from Magnagora's nexus, the Stone of Truth. Those in the expedition party included Emperor Ladantine and other high officials across the Empire, as well as a reporter who was to keep in contact with those on our Prime plane. He was Lolly Pringle, and his memoirs found much of our current knowledge of what happened when they reached the Astral plane."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean entwines the fingers of Her hands and gathers them beneath Her chin, Her eyes shifting into a bright azure as She listens to the story enthralled.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "The Astral plane is where the Soulless Kethuru was imprisoned, an effort only achieved by the sacrifice of nine Vernal Gods who joined to form the being now known as Avechna."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "And so when Emperor Ladantine linked to a node of power on Astral, he unleashed the Soulless power of Kethuru, which began to corrupt the Emperor. This power, that we now call the Taint, began to surge through Magnagora's Stone of Truth, and it spread through what was once the plane of Shallamar, the Earth elemental plane, and down to the city of Magnagora itself."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "Those who become.. infected, I will say, or corrupted by the Taint began to become twisted in form, their minds warped, consumed by the Soulless mentality. Infected races of all sorts became what is now known as the viscanti race."

Kelly ponders the situation.

Adding in, you say, "The emanations, the celestial beings of Shallamar were also warped and twisted through the powers of the taint into the Demon Lords of Nil."

Her interest sparked, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "And Nifilhema?"

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "She is not what she once was."

The garnet embedded in Emeraude's forehead gives a flare of light, turning clear as diamond as the symbols of each of the nine domoth appears briefly within, the gem finally returning to its original blood-red colour.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "None of them are. Their beings and minds, their values. They are abominations."

You say, "Five of the Six Holy Emanations became dark, twisted beings, Nifilhema now considered the queen of pain and cruelty."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "And Grimbach?"

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Gorgulu, Asthorath, Luciphage, Nilfilhema and Baalphegar were infected by the tainted..."

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2014

Comprehension flashes across Carakhan's face.

You say, "Grimbach was not there at the time, having been cast from the Cosmic Plane with His forbidden lover."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "What happened next?"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "How did Old Celest become New Celest? Where is the Empire?"

You have emoted: Kagato quietens down rather than sidetrack the story any further, a slight blush on his features.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "Well, with the coming of the Taint, the Basin was filled with chaos. It began to spread from Magnagora, corrupting the lands surrounding it."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "The Crystal Sea became what is now called the Sea of Despair. It is filled with Taint."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Ah, the waters I had heard being befouled."

Kelly nods her head emphatically.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Unfortunately... yes."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "And so, in a desperate effort, Emperor Ladantine demanded to be raised as a Vernal God, a feat that has not been accomplished in many years, so they might awaken Avechna and put an end to the plight."

Your karma falls to keep up the karmic blessing of harmony.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "However, it became known that he was not as he once was, and that he had become twisted by the taint. He began to command an army to retake Celest, and those of old Celest fought back against the invasion of the Taint."

The surface of the shallow pool in the back of the grotto ripples softly and then smooths out.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean's eyes turn stormy as She narrows them and glances over Her shoulder but the pool remains still.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "When all seemed lost, the Princess Marilynth, daughter of Emperor Ladantine, sacrificed herself, and any survivors who had not fled the island, to save the plane of Celestia, and the purity of the Light."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean slowly turns Her face back, calm, and continues to listen as if nothing transpired, a polite smile pressed to Her lips.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "She rose as a Vernal Goddess, and made a plea to Avechna to lend aid. But he would only serve his duty, in ensuring that the seals were strengthened to hold back Kethuru from the Basin."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "With nothing left to do, she dove into the Pool of Stars, destroying it and everything and anyone around it. It was the only way to prevent the Taint from touching Celestia."

Somberly, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "And so, at the very least, Kethuru was held at bay while chaos reigned free, destroying your Empire."

Ryboi nods his head at Carakhan.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "And so, as You asked, the city is no more. It is a land decimated, lying in ruins. Spectres of those citizens who were destroyed at the fall of the city yet roam that land, unable to escape their eternal prison. It is a land we now call Spectre Isle."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "Indeed."

You say, "Some of our citizens make journeys to Spectre Isle to hear the tales of those that remain, inscribing them for all time in the Tome of Remembrance, while those of Magnagora prefer to use the spirits of the isle for their own nefarious ends."

Kelly nods her head emphatically.

Pulling at Her pearls in thought, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "But through your perseverance, you remain still, remade."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "So the survivors fled westward, across the twisted Balach swamp, past the yet untouched Inner Sea, and we founded the city of New Celest."

Ryboi grins mischievously at Carakhan.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "The Pool of Stars was rebuilt, and our city, along with the rest of the Basin, indeed began to recover. But it has never been the same."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Even to today we are at a constant battle with the Tainted..."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "We found duty in being the last bastion of the Light. Hallifax and Gaudiguch were lost in time, and Magnagora was tainted."

Kelly nods her head at Ryboi.

Sighing softly, Her eyes staring off without truly seeing, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Never been the same... no, they never are."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "It is as the Grandmaster says. It is our duty to honour the sacrifices of our ancestors, to resist the spread of the Taint, and to forever protect Celestia."

You have emoted: Kagato nods firmly, stroking the scales of his companion while listening to the conversation.

Breaking Her musings, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "IS the Taint still spreading in some manner?"

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Magnagora still tried to spread it's tainted ways. Also the forest You most likely know as Gloriana was touched by the tainted and turned into, what we now know as the Forest of Glomdoring."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "We have not yet found a cure. Magnagora reeks of it. Those who inhabit that land may wield its power, to make it manifest in a bit of a physical sense."

Frowning, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "So this Taint is much like a residue of Kethuru's power? Being able to be moulded and wielded by those attuned to it?"

Looking at the floor, Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "Unfortunately, yes."

Meliana shimmers into existence before you.

Meliana mutters and traces a glowing circle before her. She steps through the circle and suddenly vanishes from sight.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "Indeed, though every now and then the ignorant Taintlings are reminded that they cannot fully control it. Kethuru still tries to devour them all the same."

You say, "That is one way of putting it."

You say, "The Illithoid are themselves, the shards of a soulless god."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says to Carakhan, "But one day we will finish what our ancestors started, we will remove the tainted one day. It might take everything we have, but we will never give up."

An opalescent clamshell snaps open, revealing Tacita who quickly steps out from within the mollusk.

With silent grace, a ghostly feline slinks in from the ether.

Tacita coughs softly.

Tacita An'Ryshe says, "Pardon me."

Tacita runs a finger along an opalescent clamshell's seam and is quickly engulfed by the mollusk as it snaps shut.

With silent grace, a ghostly feline slinks out to the ether.

You crease your brow in a frown.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean slides off the globe of water and grips you by the robes.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "What did you just say?"

You say, "About the Illithoid?"

Kelly creases her brow in a frown.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean's fingers curl about the threadbare fabric as She looms over you.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "A Soulless splintered?"

You say, "They are shards of the Soulless God Illith."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean lets go off the robe a little roughly and storms away to the levitating globe of water.

You have emoted: Kagato frowns a little but sits calmly on the floor once more.

Quietly, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "How can this be? How can a Soulless splinter and create a race of mortals?"

Softly, Princess Kelly McCloud says, "Keph fought very hard to contain her. Illith could not escape the psionic prison, and so she.. splintered."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean lays Her forehead against the tips of Her fingers, hiding Her face.

Muffled, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "What are they like?"

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "They are as we are. They pale in comparison to the power of the whole, yet retain some distinct properties and inclinations."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "The illithoid... disgusting creatures. Most are trapped in a prison in the Undervault of the basin. Others have joined mortals in places like Glomdoring and Magnagora."

You nod your head at Ryboi.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean turns around again, calmer but appears torn by the news, uncertain.

Slowly, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "I see..."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "They do not have souls, of course. They have an inner worm.."

You say, "They also have some level of natural psionic power."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "No, of course they wouldn't... and yet they thrive among the mortals much like shards of Elders do."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "Thank you, thank you all for the tale but I must..."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "I suppose the silver lining is that they are presumably much more pleasant than having Illith roaming about."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean pauses looking for the words.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "I must consider this."

Showing that he understands, Ryboi nods his head slowly.

You bow respectfully to Carakhan.

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden says, "It is a lot to take in, we understand."

Meliana nods her head at Ryboi, showing her acceptance.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean asks, "Tell me one last thing... Lyreth. I know of His unfortunate fate but He was among you, in New Celest before that yes?"

You say, "Aye."

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "It is our honour to share such knowledge."

Meliana winces in pain.

Meliana nods her head emphatically.

You say, "Lyreth was a patron of New Celest."

Grandmaster Ryboi D'Varden smiles and says, "He was."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean purses Her green lips thoughtfully.

Softly, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "I was very fond of Lyreth."

Ryboi smiles softly.

You say, "Many of us held Him dear..."

You say, "I still carry one of His sayings on my guardian symbol."

With a wistful look, Princess Kelly McCloud says, "How could one not like Him?"

Ryboi beams broadly.

You say, "I could think of people that think ill of Him, but they are not worthy of our bother."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean murmurs something softly to Herself, too quiet to make out the words sans Lyreth and New Celest.

You have emoted: Kagato looks curious.

A warm smile on Her lips, Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "In any case, thank you, you have provided Me with a lot to muse upon. Some worse, some better news."

Prelate of Loving Radiance, Meliana Regalis Lost Lady of the Hallow Waters says, "Many of us were with Him..Them in the end."

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean gazes at Meliana softly and inclines Her head slowly.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says to Kelly, "And thank you, Princess, Lady of the Silver Lining, for the tale."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Carakhan's lips as She glances at Kelly.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "It was my pleasure, Lady. When one has seen such horrors in this world, one can only have hope, and to see that which is good and worth fighting for."

You nod your head emphatically.

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean waves the globe of water away which obediently splashes to the ground and seeps into the floor.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "A silver lining perhaps, but a world worth living in!"

Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean says, "So I am finding out."

A sunlit tide washes over Carakhan, Pearl of the Ocean and dissolves along with Her, leaving behind only a lingering scent of an ocean breeze.

You have emoted: Kagato sighs a little, saying "Perhaps I should have held my tongue earlier. I hate it when I cause people distress, even accidentally..."

Princess Kelly McCloud says to you, "The truth sets us free."

You say, "Aye. It may be painful, but it is a passing pain..."

Kelly stretches languidly.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "I suppose we will be off then."

Meliana hugs Ryboi compassionately.

You say, "Thanks for handling the storytelling, I knew I would botch it up if I had to do it myself."

Kelly smiles softly.

Princess Kelly McCloud says, "Thanks for helping it along."

(And about 10 minutes after they left, Kagato made a short return trip)

You say, "I shall not linger... I had been thinking about what You had to say about Lord Lyreth... It is clear that You cared for Him as much as we do... I have but this simple trinket I always keep with me as a reminder of Him... perhaps it can keep You company for a time..."

You have emoted: Kagato carefully places a plush doll of Lord Lyreth in front of the master shrine.

You have emoted: Kagato bows deeply, before turning to leave.

(After he left) A tendril of water slowly reaches out of the shallow pool and sways uncertainly over the gathered offerings. Finally, it washes over the doll and recedes with it in tow."

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?