Yomoigu and Mysrai have a chat with Marcella about murdering things all the time

http://jsbin.com/gewapuru/1.

I know this log thing is kind of really hard to read, but he did it up for me because I'm really bad at doing logs. It's from Steingrim's PoV.

Woo, character development.

Comments

• Urge to resurface...rising...
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2014
    The way @Mysrai treats her Order members is somewhat sickening to me both IC and OOC. You can just see how cringy Eritheyl is. No wonder he keeps posting about missing Hallifax.

EDIT: I understand that's the point though.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Admittedly, I don't know much about Yomoigu, but he seems pretty solid as an rp'er.

As for Mysrai, you kind of have to get to know her icly. It does take a certain kind of player as well as a certain kind of character to get along in her order. She's amazingly intelligent in what she does, but she likes to mindf*** with people and throw them off guard.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I'm kind of surprised Yomo doesn't just throw his hands up at Marcella and tell her to get over Urlach, he was just a mortal.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'd pull a Murphy and bash 'is fookin skull in m8
  • Shaddus said:
    Admittedly, I don't know much about Yomoigu, but he seems pretty solid as an rp'er. As for Mysrai, you kind of have to get to know her icly. It does take a certain kind of player as well as a certain kind of character to get along in her order. She's amazingly intelligent in what she does, but she likes to mindf*** with people and throw them off guard.
    I think this is spot on, at least from my outsider perspective. I can say that those in Her order seem to 'suffer' from all the joy of being in an amusement park full of wild animals (in the best sense of that experience).

Pretty much Lusternia tells you up front that players are the playthings of the gods, she's just setting the goal post for some of the other gods. I imagine it is like getting a tattoo, hurts at first but then for some the pain gets addictive. That said, She seems to me really invested in those who follow her, lavishing all sorts of RP on them. I've heard them playing in Her temple over most of RL days.

• Maligorn said:
    The way @Mysrai treats her Order members is somewhat sickening to me both IC and OOC. You can just see how cringy Eritheyl is. No wonder he keeps posting about missing Hallifax.

EDIT: I understand that's the point though.
    In fairness, I don't know what if any discussion they may or may not have had going into this.

Eritheyl Ryseni says, "A brazen enemy of the Beloved should not be held as treasured to any who call Their city home. That is all."   

This was the part that puzzled me. From the words around it I took maybe he meant the person who admitted Marcella into the Order,
    but the last refers to who? Does treasured mean something more specific to Mysrains? I was puzzled because I wasn't sure if Eri meant this generally, towards some specific individual or perhaps to Lord Yomoigu Himself? Don't get me wrong, Eri had just finished saying, in part: . I do not dictate the policies of Your Own, nor would I ever presume to understand Your Way, but surely even You can agree that this stone could have been left unturned with simple reasoning."   so I can see he may have overstepped here...depending on what he meant.
  • He meant that I shouldn't have been allowed into the Order since I was already a Gaudi enemy before I was even in the Order, and if I'd been rejected all of the drama wouldn't have been a thing.
    Basically, what he's saying is that Mysrai's order holds the city in a deathgrip, and if they don't like that person, things go badly.

Then he realised what he admitted, and recanted.
    Marcella said:

He meant that I shouldn't have been allowed into the Order since I was already a Gaudi enemy before I was even in the Order, and if I'd been rejected all of the drama wouldn't have been a thing.

Tell Eritheyl to ask Mysrai about the time Incabulos was the Aeromancer GC, enemied to Gaudi, and in Her order all at the same time. Granted, he ended up getting unenemied and joining Gaudi soon enough, but there's precedence ;)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Logs like this....I enjoyed it, but boy if Lavinya ever knew.....soooo many more reasons to think Marcella is a traitor, haha. Luckily, she doesn't know! ;)

Says the woman following a traitor :P
  • Marcella said:
    He meant that I shouldn't have been allowed into the Order since I was already a Gaudi enemy before I was even in the Order, and if I'd been rejected all of the drama wouldn't have been a thing.
    Ah, perhaps. Still on my list to ask Eri as some point to explain. I guess I was thrown by the "held treasured" part. I'm pretty much of the camp, that orders are pretty damn sovereign in to themselves and that order members serve at the whim of the deities they follow. For me or my character it was never a case of holding Marcella 'treasured', whatever that means. Once someone admitted you and once Yomoigu acknowledged you had been admitted and did not order someone cast you out or cast you out Himself, then my place was to give you every opportunity to fit in. The decision was always yours, Yomoigu's and to some extent between the two of you.

The controversy in how you were admitted actually wound up shielding your character in a way that's uncommon. Since Lord Yomoigu was willing to give you a chance, it let you push things in a way that the normal character wouldn't be able too get away with. Almost everyone I encountered during this expressed some frustration of expectation. I still don't know if Marcella's will 'make' it. But as they say, looks like it'll be one hell of a ride!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus said:
    Says the woman following a traitor :P
    I should have clarified. Marcella being a traitor to Magnagora. All the cool people follow Traitors with a capital T.*

*Cool people being me. I can't validate the coolness of anyone else serving a Traitor.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited April 2014
    @Shaddus is paranoid, that isn't even close to what I was saying! @Marcella has it down pat.

What I meant by the statement is that 1) the person who let Marcella join is a dick, and 2) @Yomoigu should have nipped it in the bud rather than letting it fester. Of course, I personally think the dramatics are fantastic. But despite his flaws, Eritheyl is still first and foremost Mysraian, and won't quietly suffer while any bring hardship to the Beloved - this includes other gods, even in our own pantheon. Were @Mysrai not at his side, urging him to speak his mind, none of that would have ever been said. I did expect (at three very different parts in that meeting) to be blown to smithereens by tandem zaps!

Now on to yooou, @Maligorn.

From an outsider's perspective, yes, we look like a bunch of half-crazed teenage girls that keep crawling back to that asshole boyfriend who just wants to play Xbox and say derogatory things about our mothers. That's part of the charm in being Beloved, imo. It's the unstated catch to the roleplay, at least for the Sacrosanct. In regards to your last point, you couldn't be more wrong; the Order is the one thing keeping Eritheyl in Gaudiguch. @Mysrai is a treat both IC and OOC, and I thoroughly enjoy every aspect of the roleplay, even those times when I've backed myself into a corner and have to play the groveling supplicant. Eritheyl is hardly always "cringy", this time it was simply appropriate.

I miss Hallifax because I miss expectations of social decency, and seeing people held accountable for being morons and sluts. Despite the casually crass nature he uses as a front, deep down Eri still longs for a prim and proper high society. This has nothing to do with Mysrai.

Edit: To re-clarify, @Steingrim, you're right. I had overstepped at that point, because the 'treasured' comment was my way of beating around the bush with point 2. Eritheyl is annoyed with Yomoigu.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • @Eritheyl, thanks for the clarification. I was more confused because I wasn't sure if you were switching from the person who inducted to Yomoigu, or not.

In fairness to the group who believe it shouldn't have happened. I really don't even know if the person was aware she was a city enemy. Marcella had been expressing interest, the person or someone else asked if He'd be accepting people outside of the Order and He indicated He would. I think I recall Him even asking if the person was Marcella. So I could completely see someone thinking they had the go ahead. The person who had inducted pretty much instantly had their hands tied on the matter .

After talking to Marcella initially, I did remark to Yomoigu that I felt that Marcella had passion, considerable knowledge and something along the lines of an different way of looking at things. I tend to give people the rope and see if they'll do something useful or hang themselves. I know I did and I suspected He might have thought she was going to not ride the middle so hard and either fall into line or step clearly over it.

I didn't personally bring Marcella in, at the time she was brought in she wasn't on my radar. I just happened to luckily or unluckily had just finished smoothing over something completely unrelated in the Order and just as likely may have been online at the at the right or wrong time. I knew once I was given the task it could easily blow up in my face, and honestly though most of it didn't know how minimal Marcella had to do to satisfy Lord Yomoigu and perhaps more importantly did not know if Marcella only intended to do the minimal.

I get that it is easy to look back and play the hindsight game. But at the start the task seemed to be as simple as Marcella stop attacking if you want to stay in the order (slightly simplistic and incomplete). It was M's order and some of the council who wanted more and while it makes sense from players feelings to want more and from RP to want more...perhaps the game has changed, but I was always told that how a god ran their order was no ones business but that god's.

My goal was to stop the attacks and deliver Yomoigu's message to Marcella. For all I knew the task was going to end there. The choice was always Marcella's, to conform or walk away.
  • yeah, but when I saw you were a dwarf I couldn't help but try to get a little of the old orlachmar/clangorum klangratch/urlach going on..
  • Marcella said:
    yeah, but when I saw you were a dwarf I couldn't help but try to get a little of the old orlachmar/clangorum klangratch/urlach going on..
    Great. I knew somehow it would all be my fault. I'm probably the reason Kalikai left (even though I may have slept though her entire time here), I'm probably the reason the Soulless exist, and beer goes flat.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I've been wanting to clarify my post because I feel like a total jackass.

The fact that Mysrai makes me feel those things is a credit to her RP and for being able to stick to it so well -- because I wouldn't be able to do all the crazy things she does, no way, no how. And as a person that has been not Sacrosanct, but not simple Order initiate, I just was a little shocked at how much she's changed? Not really so much changed, but how she interacts with others. She was always very nurturing with my Gaudi, but granted he was pretty nebbish. -chin-

Sorry for throwing blind assumptions out there, Eritheyl.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Maligorn said:
    I've been wanting to clarify my post because I feel like a total jackass.
    Don't feel like a jackass, I'm an elitist bitch and bad guy. But really, your initial comment makes a lot more sense (and makes me far less defensive) with your perspective explained.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited April 2014
    Steingrim said:

I'm probably the reason ... beer goes flat.

You bastard.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Personally, *my* favorite part of the entire thing was when Mysrai said something like "As a follower of Urlach, your honor is above question" or something like that.

Like, holy shit that was so many brownie points right there.