Quest Event, Curios and Artifact Packages!

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Estarra said:

Eritheyl said:
    Hm, now I'm confused again. Just after the weave change I collected five mobs, but didn't get my questevent count raised? Do we have to be the one turning the Wheel or something silly?
    Sorry, there was a small bug. It has been fixed!
    Oh, yay! <3
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Could the sparks be changed so that if you give a spark to an event NPC already following someone else, they won't switch who they're following?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    It would also be great if people couldn't just waltz in and kill your following as you're trying to influence another mob. I mean it's whatever, I got an apology and the corpses, but on Person's behalf I can understand walking in and just seeing this MOB of mobs and going, 'Yay I can get some of these PEW PEW'.

Not sure what I'm looking for as far as a solution goes, or if there really even is a way to combat this. Maybe if the mobs just sort of...condensed themselves into something you can carry around, so once they're yours they're -really- yours?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Something feels off here. Are we expected to average a minimum of 50+ hours this month on this? Even now I'm stuck at the screen not going to bed so I can get this to count for the day.

Tons of mobs? Really, that's not been my experience (though there did seem to be a fair bit the one time I made it to Skarch). Even with putting hermits/milestones down on all three areas and getting there very quickly, there's a really fast scramble for the mobs. The area often appears cleared out within 5 minutes. 

Currently, I have to decide to stop and run in the few I get -- else I'm likely to lose them to someone attacking them, or simply handing them a shard and take them from me. In the panic to get what I can in the first few minutes I may make a mistake and take one from someone else.

To recap: I have to wait for the wheel to spin. Get to the place. Hope I can get a couple. Turn those in and maybe have to wait for another wave or two.

Suggestions.
    1. Make it three, just like the other dailies.
    2. Spread out the arrival of mobs.
    3. Occasionally have some just spill out around the Basin.
    4. Come up with some way to lessen mob stealing.
    5. Change questevent to reflect if you have completed the quest for the day.
    6. Make it harder for people to kill, influence, turn in more than the mobs they need.

• I was just thinking it'd be cool if we could turn it as soon as all the stuff it released was back in again
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm finding it easy. But I'm on at low population times, so...

• edited December 2012
    I'm asian, so the times when Lusternia has 30 people online, and of whom 20 are idling is early evening for me. I've spent a total of 5 minutes doing this quest for the last 2 days.

Making the wheel only spinnable once an hour with limited mobs will make it difficult for those who can only log in during peak hours. Saran's suggestion is the most reasonable, since you don't even need to add in mob stealing measures. Once the number of mobs for the event left in the game drops to ~5, make the wheel glitter or groan and spinnable again. When it is spun, all mobs for it in the game are deleted and new ones are spawned as per message. Remove any exp gain from killing or influencing them, and you have yourself a perfect, quick, interesting daily quest. If we want to make it even more fun, make the wheel show where the last area to spawn mobs are when someone touches it (You see the image of a scorching desert! or something pops up when you touch the wheel).

Edit: It just occured to me that the competition for the mobs may be an intended design of the quest. But not all competition is fun, all the time. Especially for something like this, making a quest that naturally gets harder during peak hours is probably going to frustrate a lot of people for very little fun.

• Saran said:
    I was just thinking it'd be cool if we could turn it as soon as all the stuff it released was back in again
    They reset pretty quickly, averaging about 40 mobs an hour. I'm pretty sure it's fine.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Limit people to only turning in 5 mobs per day (since that's all that's needed anyway). Highly frustrating managing to only nab one mob, then watching someone put a dozen or so into the wheel in front of you...

• Lavinya said:
    Limit people to only turning in 5 mobs per day (since that's all that's needed anyway). Highly frustrating managing to only nab one mob, then watching someone put a dozen or so into the wheel in front of you...

There's no actual gain (of any kind!) for putting in more than 5 mobs.

Those same people will still kill a dozen or more.
  • Eventru said:
    Saran said:
    I was just thinking it'd be cool if we could turn it as soon as all the stuff it released was back in again
    They reset pretty quickly, averaging about 40 mobs an hour. I'm pretty sure it's fine.
    I've just run in multiple times earlier today and only managed to get like two, because of competition. I do have the easy option of just waiting til everyone leaves, but I can see it getting frustrating especially with the extra consideration that you need to do the quest 21 times. If people can't manage to get the five per day consistently then they potentially miss out on this months reward. If there are just nine days where you can't get them then you miss out on the unique prize.

If people are being put into the position of "I need to stay up late or I can't do my daily quest" then there is something off. I suppose we will see if someone misses days due to this, but I'm also wondering if there is going to be a cap on how many people can actually complete the quest. It just seems out of place with every daily quest we've seen.
  • Per the latest announce on New Curio Artifact Packages:

Curios are now for sale on the website directly in artifact packages. These include packages of 10, 50 and 100 curios of the different types (magic item, damage enhancement, damage resistance, travel). We've also included packages with only Czigany curios (i.e., no coins).
  • Now we're getting dominators released as well. The dominators don't count.

I'm just feeling frustrated now, having to constantly race like mad to find the sparks and beat other people to the punch. I don't want to do this all month. Can the prize at least be revealed, so we can determine if it is worth the effort?
  • Yaffi said:
    Now we're getting dominators released as well. The dominators don't count.

I'm just feeling frustrated now, having to constantly race like mad to find the sparks and beat other people to the punch. I don't want to do this all month. Can the prize at least be revealed, so we can determine if it is worth the effort?
    The dominators are for the cavaliers. There's 20 cavaliers, 40 dominators. 2 dominators and a cavalier will follow you.

Pretty straightforward!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Not sure about everyone else, but I've been having issues with this wheel thing. At most, I can get 2-3 mobs per spawn... as I'm killing them rather than grabbing sparks to have them follow me, choosing to leave the sparks for the ones that actually might -need- them. Either way, at most, I have 2-3 hours of online time/day during the work week and it's not working for me. Here I am, about to go to bed without having completed the event for today... and not likely to be back online until the weave. I'll definitely give it a try tomorrow, but if I've missed 2 days out of 4.... then that means there's no point in bothering to try and get it to 21. Season of sharing and all that? Well, sorry, but I just don't see how it is, considering that we end up in a bloodthirsty fight over a quest event, including people who have completed it and go for more.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I'm caught between rescuing all the lost druids, cause that's what Qistrel would do, and breaking my RP and not rescuing them all, because preventing others from doing the quest would be...not nice.

• Mmm. I'm personally trying to figure out how to broach the topic ICly. If the wheel was made spinable when all the mobs for that day had been delivered, I think this might help. At least with more easily identifying those who purposefully try to hamper the efforts of others.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Qistrel said:
    I'm caught between rescuing all the lost druids, cause that's what Qistrel would do, and breaking my RP and not rescuing them all, because preventing others from doing the quest would be...not nice.
    And thus you've stumbled upon the problem with OOC rewards molded into an IC minigame.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Mmm. I'm personally trying to figure out how to broach the topic ICly. If the wheel was made spinable when all the mobs for that day had been delivered, I think this might help. At least with more easily identifying those who purposefully try to hamper the efforts of others.
    I just call out on ct and hope that I'm not compelled to take more than I should. Realistically, it is illogical ic for the Hartstone not to be trying to save every last person that comes through from the nature wars.  (yes, ic'ly it might suck but we should send back the templars alive too)

The ethics of the situation we're in is interesting in-character but difficult to explore fully when we're trying to restrain ourselves for ooc considerations (which is what I see not taking too many to be)
  • DysDys
    edited December 2012
    I've not had trouble so far, though I'm more off peak. I love the way they fight each other and the little scenarios they come from.

As a compromise between rescuing too many and rp, what about standing guard in the area and challenging people who kill them, asking them to rescue and influence instead?

If the mobs are enemies you feel you have to kill, don't take the corpses.
  • I'm caught between rescuing all the lost druids, cause that's what Qistrel would do, and breaking my RP and not rescuing them all, because preventing others from doing the quest would be...not nice.
    Perhaps you could focus on destroying the nasty Templars. After all, maybe the druids know what they're doing and don't need your protection? At least that could be an IC stance. It isn't as if it is knights vs bunnies.
    Actually, I'm not sure I should be killing the Templars...if they don't go back the past might be changed, and look at what happened when Xenthos changed the past.

I keep thinking that whole thing was a warning not to mess with the past. And if we kill too many past peoples stuff will explode.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I don't personally have much trouble completing the event but that's because I can sign on at times when most people can't. I can definitely see how people with 2-3 hours of free time per day are having trouble grabbing mobs since your first few attempts are usually quite fruitless with all the competition. As was suggested earlier with making it turnable after each mob clean-up, I think it would do a lot to help those having issues now!

Props to the event though. I find the various different mobs quite interesting, especially what you learn from their timeline and how they felt about other orgs back in their day. I also found some of them to be incredibly amusing and day-making (like those geomancers!).
    It's cool how much it ties into other stuff too. The templars and druids give more info on the 'scar' war. The paladins showing us more about the Empire's anti-scorpion crusade. The sileni becoming known to more people than just those who managed to complete the other Hifarae quest.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It would be really nice if they just kept respawning during the hour, so people can still get at 'em.

An actual number I saw was 20 turn-in mobs spawn (at least when it is cavaliers).  When people need 5 each, that means that a whopping 4 people can "complete" it every hour.

That's a bit too limited IMO.
  • Xenthos said:
    It would be really nice if they just kept respawning during the hour, so people can still get at 'em.

An actual number I saw was 20 turn-in mobs spawn (at least when it is cavaliers).  When people need 5 each, that means that a whopping 4 people can "complete" it every hour.

They already do respawn during the hour. :P
  • Eventru said:
    Xenthos said:

They already do respawn during the hour. :P

Yeah. I just caught cavaliers as they were coming back in the Moors before the next turn of the Wheel, and it was the easiest day I've had yet. I do think having some indication of where the last release was, as Rivius suggested, might be a good idea still. Especially if the number of potential areas for releases begins to increase.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Guessing artifact package suggestions can just go in this thread? 'cause I was bored and came up with a few.

Expert Explorer: Silver Compass of True Direction and Boots of the Wanderer.

Fancy Footwear: Boots of the Wanderer and Winged Sandals of Haste. 

Gotta Go Fast!: Winged Sandals of Haste, Rune of the Winter Bane, and Rune of the Summer Bane.

Fabulous Fashionista: Mask of Esteemed Beauty and Gaudy Glamrock.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

The wiccan artifact set is great, minus the enemy list rune. It...has zero relevance to SDs. Odd choice.

•  If we can't have a psychodrama package, how about this:

Bravo!:  Miniature of a Stage, Gaudy Glamrock