newbie ennui

hello. I've been into Lusternia on and off for several years and i am having a very difficult time really getting into it. I'm really happy with my character and the world but I don't feel like I've really gotten to do anything yet, mostly just tinkering on my own and reading. I suppose I should mention that I'm a Shadowdancer, a couple of ranks in. I'm really into all the lore and thought that's gone into the universe, but I just feel like I haven't had an opportunity to do anything other than research and minor solo quests. Combat, frankly, sounds intimidating on a keyboard, but I don't feel as if I need combat to have a meaningful experience. I haven't logged on in several months at this point, though I'm ready to give it another shot. I guess this was a totally rambling question, but is there any kind of direction anyone can give me? Am I missing something, or do group missions start at a higher rank? It's not that I'm not having a bad time, I'm just looking for more of a connection I suppose. I'll be grateful to anyone who replies. :)

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Combat isn't so bad once you get into it. The concept is intimidating, but the actual doing of it, once you understand it, isn't that bad.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Chat up Zouviqil and see if you can get some RP going.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Or Tark.  Or Diniah.  Or, honestly, any high-ish ranking Shadowdancer.  We'll get you pointed :)
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    HI!

I too am a Shadowdancer!

We recently got a new Queen (GM), and two older, experienced players returned and have taken up both Princess roles (GA and GC). What you've missed is that, recently, there was the announcement in Glom of an upcoming festival! Also, the SDs are going to be running in the next 10 RL days or so a tournament for the commune.

I am not sure what you mean by "group missions" - if you mean group RP sessions, there are always opportunities, you just have to look for them! If you're not part of an Order yet, that's also another place to start. We have Shikari (inactive), Nocht (very active), and Viravain (recently returned).

Come log in, and if you see us on, grab us for some conversation, learn about the people around you!

If you have more specific issues/requests, feel free to air them also, and we'll do our best help you get comfy in your character again.
  • If you mean group quests like dungeons in other games, this game doesn't really have that. You can group bash on Astral or in Icewynd. The only real group activity would be aetherhunting, where you need a crew for your aethership.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Thanks Zouviqil and everyone, those are very helpful suggestions. I'll definitely introduce myself the next time I'm on and see you guys :D